You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Being Held on My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Being Held on My Bed

 

Last night was NOT the first but the third "attack" so far. Let me explain and if ANYONE can give me a good explanation I would love to hear it. I went to bed and as this has happened two other times, I'm going to stress that I was not yet asleep. I just turned off the TV rolled, over to my stomach and within seconds I was being literally held down. I can't get up, I can't scream for help but I can "moan" loudly like someone is holding my mouth shut.

My husband said he heard me moaning several times and got up to see what was wrong but I seemed to be just "fitfully" moving around in my sleep. I WAS NOT asleep. I have never been held by ANYONE like this in my life and as I know I wasn't asleep, what could it be? Then when it finally lets me go, I'm sweating profusely, shaking and crying.

I am rather open to any suggestions but I will tell you this isn't a one time thing. Also in this same house we have seen a little girl playing in my daughter's room on an infra red monitor we use, when I ran up to check my daughter, my husband said she just disappeared, we actually thought it was my daughter at first. What held me down couldn't be that little girl? Could it? I wouldn't say I have ever dwelled on "ghosts and spirits" but I am starting to wonder just what is in this house? Could it in fact harm me or anyone else and how do I know if it becomes to dangerous?

I know if it happened to me and it was to happen to one of my children, I worry if they could actually handle what's happened. I guess I'm most worried because it actually took my breath at like a minute at a time. I've lived in this house for 29 years, little things happened before now but now it has gotten worse, any help?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AngelB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Clairvoyant_Disease (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-06)
I've been suffering from sleep paralysis since I've been 14. Creepy when you don't know what it is nor understand it. Sounds like SP to me, but can't be 100% sure since you've experienced something ghostly in your house. Maybe cleanse, have your house blessed, and pray.
trsolinsky (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
This is more than likely NOT a demon or ghost, but a condition called sleep paralysis. Its a state in which your body has shut down (while either going to sleep or waking up) but your mind is still semi-aware. This gives the person a sense of paralysis or of being held down. There may also be hallucinations, kind of like dreaming while awake, which can be terrifying as the person believes that they are fully awake and aware.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
Supernaturalover (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
Dear Angle this is not a ghost this is a demon. Demons are aggressive and will do anything to harm or frighten you. If it can hold you down it can easily harm your children and you. Please get a priest and bless the house. I suggest you do it soon before it starts to go after your children. Hope my advice helps
Sincerely,Megan
zachb (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-29)
well here is my story,... I have a twin bed upstairs in my house that I go to bed to every night, several times this had occured to me, and (I could not tell if it was a dream or not but I'm convinced it was real) at night I would get pinned to my bed and I could not move or talk, it was like a huge force was pushing me to my bed but I couldn't see or hear it, and what I was able to do was kind of a moan thing, NOW THIS IS HOW I GOT OUT OF IT- I knew that I should not fear something that can destroy my flesh and not my soul and I moaned the name of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I knew he was the only one who could help me in this sitiation, and every time I said his name, I became stronger and soon I could whisper his name and then call his name, and then I was freed. I was not harmed but only left with large adrenalin pumps through my body. Call on the name of OUR Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved is what the Bible says. About the child spirit, do not trust it, it is most likely a demon shape shifted trying to decieve you and destroy you, in a previous story I heard, a man demanded that the spirits leave his house in Jesus's name and in front of him appeared a little girl that transormed into a huge 8 ft tall deamon that was pushed back down to hell. Cast the spirits out in the name of Jesus the name of Jesus holds power that we do not understand Devote your life to god and you will be saved 😊
prinsessnight (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-31)
Dear AngelB,
I think some people actually have had the same experiance. But figure out what's going on or move out. I hope that helps Thanks
Sinserly yours Prinsessnight❤
cassidysarah (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-09)
What you have is a case of SUNDS.
Sudden Unexpect Nocturnal Death Syndrome.
It's when you feel like you're awake when really you're having a dream that someone comes into your room at night and tries to suffocate you, etc. I would talk to a ghost hunter/psychiatrist.
xchemicalxwarfarex (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Hi, AngelB.
This has happened to me on a few occasions, also. However, the details were slightly different. I shower early in the morning, go back to bed, then wake up and get ready about two hours later. I believe these things happened to me about a year and a half ago, maybe a little longer ago than that. I'm not sure as to my state of consciousness at the time. I had been asleep with my hair up in a towel. I began to wake as I felt pressure behind my head, as if someone was straddling my stomach with their hands behind my head, pinning me down or something of that nature. I can remember waking myself up at that point, and I could feel my head start to go into the mattress, like it would if there was a moderate amount of weight behind my head. I went back to sleep a little shaken, about an hour after that it happened again. Only this time when I woke, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't speak, I couldn't move. However, I still felt weight around me. It eventually quit and I got up and started getting ready. For some reason, I thought it was Satan. It seems funny in retrospect, thinking it was Satan, but I just did. I told my mom about it and she wanted to take me to the doctor, she thought I had had a panic, anxiety, or asthma attack. [May I add, I only suffer from panic attacks, and this was nothing like how those feel to me.] Which, could explain the lack of breath, possibly paralysis, but wouldn't clarify why I felt pressure around me. This happened on another occasion a day or so later, and the first thing I thought was, "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, I rebuke you," which, once more seems funny in retrospect. But, the paralysis/lack of breath et cetera ceased. I really don't know how to help you, my incidents were isolated, and I hope yours have stopped. I just want you to know, though, you aren't alone. And I meant that in the way that I've been there, too; not in the way that there's a spirit with you.
givemeaname (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
well it could be several things it could be that little girl I wouldn't know for sure or it just could be another spirit. If it really starts to bother you I would suggest to recite prayers and stuff so that if it is a demon it will hopefully be ward off. I haven't had an experience like that and in a way I'm glad I just hope things turn out for the better for you
WaterxBlessings (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Hey, I really hope you read this. I'm not very old, but have read many things on ghosts. I'm still confuzed of my own ghpsts meanings, but yours may not be a ghost. It very well could be a state of Luicid dreaming. It seems unliklet because you don;t recall falling asleep, but that's a reason why it's posable. I had the same problem, thinking it was a ghost then cam across nothing, but about Lucid dreaming and others making the same mistake. The reason you can't move or speak is because you are about to fall asleep and your brain doesn't really reach your body. The muffled moans are for the same reason. The first tie it happened to me I freaked, and tried to scream for help. I thought it was pinning me down gripping my wrists. Freaking out is a very bad thing, since your going to a dream state, your mind can create what's not really there. For a very long time my brother had fallen for the same trick and a dark ghost girl fiqure appeared at his beds end. I saw an arm crawling across the floor. My brotherwould pray in his mind, beleving this would free him, it managed to work.
You can take advantage of your state by closing your eyes and (my brothers way, you may find it easier differently) imaging pictures, pull youself into one. Now you will be Lucid dreaming (aware of dreaming) and can contral everything around you (as long as you believe so 100%, this explains why I saw things and felt something touching my wrists).
This is most likely what occuring, but the chances of a ghost doing it as well are still possable.
TOOTER (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
HI, ANGELB, well I have had the same exact experience happen to me.  It's like you are wide awake all you can move is your toes and fingertips, right?  Well from what I have researched it is said that when you get an "attack" that it is a spirit trying to possess your body, If you eventually come out of it, they said the spirit has tried to inhabit your body but in waking up or becoming fully awake, from the "attack" basically the spirit didn't succeed. I got this information from watching a true story about the Smurls" they were being attacked by evil spirits in their house, they contacted this couple that studies the paranormal.  Their last name is Warren, anyways they are the one's that are in this movie called "The Haunted".  I hopw I gave you some information you could use good luck and may God Bless You and your whole family.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-06)
I agree with the knife or a gun under your pillow or bed. You could get frighten by someone coming into your room and harm or kill them or yourself by mistake.
Besides with spirits there is no BODY, skin and flesh to stab at in the first place, so what would a knife do to help?
rizfre (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
AngelB, there are reasons why I put references to my comment. That is for you to check it for yourself in the bible if I'm telling you the truth. In John chapter 8 verse 32, Jesus said "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free..." But we must also remember that the truth is offensive that is why religious leaders in the time of Jesus hated Him because He tells them the truth. These demons or evil spirits has been here thousands of years before we were born. They are master of deception and their purpose is to possess or kill people. I believe your story and I know that you are in danger. Let me tell you about the little girl the you saw, that is an evil spirit trying to befriend your daughter in order to deceive her. If there is an evil spirit in your house, they would invite other evil spirits because there is more strength in number. There is a way to cast them out of your house, that is throught the name of Jesus. But you have to be a believer or christian before you can use His name. Read Luke chapter 16 verse 17 in the bible. I don't know your e-mail but if you make a comment I might be able to get your e-mail and tell you more about what to do without offending other people. People are dying because of these demons who are harrassing people (check the story of Mandybooh). Do not cast out these evil spirits if you are not a christian, read Acts 19: 13-19. Hope to hear from you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-27)
If I am wrong to post this comment, please forgive me Martin, but I have some personal information for rizfre.
Hello rizfre, you do not know me, but I have a very religious background. I grew up in organized religion and found my own beliefs only after reaching my adult years. In my immediate family, we have all taken that step to bring the host of angels to come and fight for us. My brother is a priest, my sister a missionary, my father a pastor and my mother a woman's leader in the church. In the churches of their choice.
While all of these angels are around us, due to our firm roots in the spiritual world, these ANGELS are the ones protecting us from the entities that have not yet crossed over to The Other Side.
In short, there IS a spiritual war going on here. It is our responsibility to ourselves and our Higher Powers to help those that are lost find their way, right? Are we to forget about those who have gone before us and only help those who still possess a human form?
Where there are angels, there are also demons, ghosts and spirits. Someone has to fight for those who can not fight for themselves. Why can't we all get together and make this short work? Lets not take "religious sides" and all take the side of truth. Shall we try to help each other out and not condemn them because they do not believe as we do? "Gently go forth and teach what is right, do not condemn as in your condemnation you have lost another soul..." That is NOT my goal here. Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-27)
Hello AngelB,
I do not think you have to worry about the little girl who is in your home. I believe she is there for your daughter just to have a playmate in her down time, or quiet time, whichever you call those periods of time when she is alone. She is not evil, she is not vindictive and she has no thoughts of harming you, your husband or your daughter. She ONLY wants a playmate. The problem is, she may not know she is no longer amongst the living. Lots of children have playmates from The Other Side. We adults like to call them imaginary friends to calm our own fears. But they are real, and as she is a child, she still needs to play. Somehow she found a playmate in your daughter and both of them may benefit from this friendship.
As for yourself. I think you are experiencing Sleep Paralysis. From my research (I have no practical knowledge, only what I have learned from research) I have learned that there is not one "cookie cutter fit" set of symptoms and they vary all over the board. What you have to try to remember is to stay calm.
Now you are thinking, yeah right, it feels like someone trying to snuff me out and I am supposed to remain calm. I know, I know, but it seems as if those who recite a prayer, think of their children, give themselves a pep talk, those types of activities seem to quicken the time spent in this occurrence. They end quicker. I am sorry, I have not read all of the other comments on here yet and I may be giving you the same advice but...
Try burning a lavender incense around your bed time. It is a calming scent and is great for aroma therapy as well as ridding negative energies. Shane has a very informative article on here about smudging if you feel this would work out better.
Thank you for having an open mind to be able to come on here and share your experience with us. You will hear lots of different solutions, try them out. One is bound to work for you. Thank you.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2007-12-27)
rizfre, ghost experiences can happen to anyone, whatever their faiths. Also, please note that our guidelines do not allow proselytizing on this site, it is a site for all beliefs, so please tone it down.
rizfre (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-27)
AngelB,
Since you are asking for help, I will give you the solution and at the same time take you to heaven. Anyone who receives Jesus christ as their Lord and Savior becomes children of God (John 1:12). As a child of God, we inherit salvation and angels are sent forth to minister to us (Hebrews 1:14). We become born again in spirit and the evil one cannot touch us (1John 5:18). Pray this prayer:
Dear God, I accept I'm a sinner and I cannot save myself. I believe you sent your Son Jesus christ to pay for our sins on the cross. I receive Jesus christ to be my Lord and Savior. I repent and ask forgiveness for my sins. Thank you Lord for saving us from hell through Jesus christ. Amen.
Read the bible to strengthen your faith and believe the promises of God that is written in it.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-10-16)
uncanny, I agree with Shane, that's a very dangerous advice you just gave and I would like you to refrain telling people, especially young ones, to do things where they could hurt themselves. It's irresponsible.

Also, please share with us, if you will, where you found this kind of practice and how you think it might really help.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-16)
DO NOT SLEEP WITH A KNIFE UNDER YOUR PILLOW!
Uncanny you should not give anyone the advise to sleep with a knife under their pillow or their bed for that matter as this leads to a very dangerous situation. People have accidentally stabbed themselves in this manner and have stabbed loved ones who startled them awake. Not to mention those who suffer from sleep disorders such as night terrors or sleep walking. Plus what would a knife do against a spirit or entity? Take my advise leave the knives in the kitchen where they belong.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-16)
"My husband said he heard me moaning several times and got up to see what was wrong but I seemed to be just "fitfully" moving around in my sleep..."

... Demonic possession... 😐
uncanny (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-16)
Girl don't sleep facing up. Please for godsake's! Don't ever sleep facing up! And when you go to sleep, put a knife under your bed or your pillow!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
Hi AngelB it sounds like your house is haunted. It sounds like something evil is doing this too you. I know demons can pin you down show there red eyes and scream at you. Demons are powerful. I'm not sure what this could be but it something evil I can tell you now. I have never ever experience something like its which you have been through. I'm sorry to hear this. I think you need to talk to a priest. Also put salt on your walls someone told me. You can fill half a glass up of holy water DON'T DRINK IT put it at the side of your bed while sleeping I don't know if you have to do it on a full moon or something. Maybe you should get some ghost hunters in and the can check it out to see if it is haunted or not.
Don't leave it too late. Thanks for sharing your story. God luck
Tilis (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-15)
Your house is obviously haunted. And yes, surely a small girl's spirit cannot weigh you down, so perhaps the spirit of a man whom will not reveal himself to your husband is the one who has been holding you down.

I've had that same thing happen to me before, though I sleep alone. I was laying on my stomach and I felt a weight on my back. I tried to get up on my hands and knees, but the strange weight wouldn't allow me to do so. After a while of struggling with it, it grew weak and disappeared, and I quickly turned over. Nothing was there. That had happened about the time I had started seeing mysterious human-shaped shadows in my house. The shadows belonged to no one, and they would vanish when I'd look directly at them.

If you have a child in the house and these mysterious happenings become even worse, I suggest you move to another house.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-20)
Me and my lil cus will help ya!

I'm Mikomi, I say get the house blessed, but until then, you may not wanna sleep there! The thing that is attacking you is a demon. When it attacks you, pray for help!

I'm Kayla here's what I think. I agree with my cus,Mikomi.Get the house blessed!

Blessings,
Mikomi and Kayla
radio1 (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-20)
Well this has happened to me too. But when it happens I just start to pray in my head asking the Lord to please help me and take this thing away. It always works... I have not had this happen to me in a while. But I do tell me children if they were ever scared or if they ever see something, to call out to Jesus and ask him to help them. Pray over your children at night and ask the Lord to camp his angels around them well they sleep. I hope this helps.
ceci52001 (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-20)
AngelB,
Sylvia Brown says to make holy water. Leave out in the sun for 24 hours and then put in a bottle. Go through your house sprinkling it in every room and say, "Go to the light of the Holy Spirit in Jesus name".
Also, place salt all around the outside of your house.
I hope that helps.
May God Bless you. 😊
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-20)
AngelB,

My suggestion would be a blessing of the home or a native smudge ceremony. Not just the sage but the complete ceremony on house and family. Also try placing a circle of salt around your bed and the beds of your children until you can get the blessing or smudging done. Don't believe you are dealing with an evil entity though I am sure there will be those who disagree with me on that. My directions for a smudge ceremony are here on this site under articles. Let us know how things go.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: