You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Poltergeist Activity?

Real Ghost Stories

Poltergeist Activity?

 

I went to work last Wednesday around 6:30am. As usual, the cats came and hovered around me. I pet them for a few minutes before leaving, then headed to work. Sometime between 6:30 and 8:00am, my girlfriend sent me a text saying, "Call me NOW!". So I stepped outside, freaking out, to find out that sometime in that 1-1/2 hour period the female cat lost about 3 inches of her tail in the window.

Now, let me make this very clear. When I said "in the window", I don't mean someone opened the window and slammed her tail in it. I mean LITERALLY "IN" the window! To make sure this is understood correctly, you have the window frame, which goes around the glass. Between the glass and the frame is the cat's tail. With the way it's puffed out, it looks as though something went "against the grain", so to speak, with the fur.

So, in short, the cat's tail is through the window and the fur is all puffed up, which looks like it was literally PULLED THROUGH THE WINDOW!

Now, this is just the most recent incident in this house. We moved in here together last July. So less than a year. About 2-3 months ago, I started hearing children mumbling, even when I was the only one in the house. I could hear them saying something, but never anything clear. Then, about 3 weeks ago, we were laying in bed (she was dead to the world, and I had just closed my eyes), and I heard a loud, deep male voice in my ear that said, "WAKE UP!". I did get up after that, by the way. LOL

So, why would an entity do this kind of damage to the cat? You can see claw marks from her rear legs where she was trying to fight to get free. The cats WERE laying near the window all the time, but they won't even go NEAR it now. I just can't wrap my head around how violent this entity has gotten. The only major change lately is that we are getting ready to move. I don't see how that would upset an entity so much that it would lash out at the pets in the household. Any information, ideas or comments?

Rick

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, corder13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nelson_but_not_Mandela (12 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-07-01)
FART-EXTERMINATOR. I dunno, if you're right my house should be the grandfather of poltergeist activity when I eat cherries but only smells bad for a bit. 😜
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-07-01)
FART - That's hilarious! 😆 I hope I'm not mistakenly assuming that your comment is a joke.

Regards, Melda
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-06-30)
Wow.

Thank you for setting all of us straight. I have to say that your comment has improved my evening.
FART-EXTERMINATOR (24 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-06-30)
I am a Fartologist by profession, 'Fartology' is the scientific study of farts. During my career I have found that 'poltergeist' activity occurs when there is a rapid build-up of flatulence in a single environment, this is the logical explanation for poltergeist activity. I recommend that you open all the windows of your home daily, in doing so 'poltergeist' activity will cease.

The same logical explanation goes for the orbs in photos phenomena, these 'orbs' are nothing more than remenants of dead farts, which remain if you don't open the windows to your home. Therefore no such entities as poltergeists only POLTERFARTS.
josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-20)
I remember my mother told me when she was about 10 years old she would look after her brother while the rest of the family was working on the fields. She and her brother would stay in a very small two room-house (bedroom and kitchen) by the fields. About mid-day she would hear all the pots and pans fall, which would wake up her little brother. When she went to go check nothing had fallen. This happen a few time that eventually she would just wait outside all day until the family returned.
jaymboree (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
You mentioned you heard kids mumbling. Children can sometimes be cruel. Maybe they were the ones messing with your poor cat. I know I have seen living children man-handle animals before. Just a thought.
Oerath (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
Probably not a Poltergiest since they are general considered not to be ghosts, but actually psycho-kinetic activity, usually generated by an adolescent. But that's just semantics. The escalation of activity is interesting, especially without a clear cause, but I couldn't tell you why it would target a cat. They are more receptive to the spiritual realms than humans, but very few entities care much about animals...

A house blessing or cleansing will probably do the trick, assuming you care to since you're leaving anyway. Might be nice for the new tenents though.
shyenne (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
hmmm they say that cats are the guardians of the underworld [maybe that's one of the reason why the entity torments the cat]. The cat was believed to be a host for certain holy human souls after death but for holy souls only. Cats are said to be feared by evil spirits. That's why Cats are sacred in Egypt long before the time of Cleopatra. They believe that cats are protection against snakes and other creatures.
By the way, did you mind or happen to ask the previous owner/s of the house? Or the property dealer about the history of the house or it's owners?
You should ask them about it, it's for your own good and your family as well. You could also ask a priest to bless your house and bless the unrested souls as well that they will repent for their sins and be able to find or see the light.

❤shyenne❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: