You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Apparition At The Mall

Real Ghost Stories

Apparition At The Mall

 

One night about a year ago me and a friend went to the mall to eat at the Chinese Buffet (called China Town). All the other stores were closed except for the buffet. The rest of the mall was dark and empty, so after we ate, me and my friend decided to wander about and enjoy the quiet. We didn't see anybody else in the mall after leaving China Town.

We stopped and started to goof off at a small play area at the opposite side of the mall.

Around the play area was a Sears, a fabric store, and an empty store that had gone out of business.

We goofed off, told funny stories of experiences we had there when we were in high school, and finally after slap "fight" we sat on a giant toy worm. We were just chatting when I saw something in the reflection of the window of the empty store. My friend turned to see what I was looking at and then it disappeared. We saw what looked to be an elderly person in green sweats (like the kind that had elastic around the ankles) and a white sweat shirt with the same color green stripes. It looked as though it was mopping.

We looked around to see if perhaps an employee was still in the fabric store. We didn't see anybody. We went back to China Town and told the manager, whom we are friends with, about it and he came to look around with us. We called out into the fabric store and peeked into the empty one but couldn't find anybody who could have given off the the reflection.

After we left and tried to find something out online but couldn't find any information on the mall except for how many people had owned it. To this day we still chat about it and get chills up our spines.

Other hauntings by hiya_hayz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hiya_hayz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Rook, the only reflective areas were the places we checked, the fabric store and the place that had gone out of business. I did consider this for a while but what kind of janitor mops in the dark? Not to mention if it could have been a janitor wouldn't the manager at China Town just say that it was a janitor staying really late? This was later at night. So I did consider all possibilities before posting this and can't think of one.
SONYA_N_SIBERT (9 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
whoah that is creapy out of all the vampire books and ghost and R. L. Stine books this has to be the creepiest one yet 😨
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
it's very understandable actually. I know of a Wall-Mart around where I live that was haunted because the people were just so used to going to work there every day. That very well could be the same deal here.
GIRLIE ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
I have to ask this... Were all areas that could have caused a reflection looked at and rejected. I ask because this may have been a Janitor, in the main part of the mall and due to all the glass his reflection appeared to have been in the area you and your friend were in.

I've walked a closed mall or two myself after a movie/eating at a restaurant and the windows of the dark stores make for some good mirror effects...it's something to consider.

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
Hi Hiya,

Nice experience for both of you. I don't think it was your imagination since both you and your friend have seen it. Well you should research on some person, who was engaged in the store for cleaning and mopping and must have died and whose spirit might have been seen in the store. Do some digging and let us know if you find any. Nice story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: