You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Mad Old Woman

Real Ghost Stories

The Mad Old Woman

 

When I was young I lived in Alaska. My family and I moved into this old house on the side of a hill about a mile out of town. I have two sisters and four brothers, so you can get an idea of the size of the old house. When we moved in, all of the house was empty except for this one room that was up stairs on the third floor. It was the only room up there. It was full of boxes, nothing seemed to be wrong in the house for over a month.

One day me and three of my brothers decided to go into that room and dig though those boxes. You know how young boys can't stay out of things. That boxes only had personal things in them, old pictures and stuff of that sort. When we left that room, it was a mess with all the stuff and boxes everywhere. I never thought anything about the room or anything in it again until about a week later.

My family had gone into town but I had decided to stay home alone. I was setting in a setting room at the foot of the stairs that lead up to that room. I was playing some John Denver tapes when I heard a voice. It was the voice of an old woman. She sounded like she was in that room and she was real mad. I could tell that she was coming down the steps by the sound of her voice, she was saying " God #%*^& those kids, I'll teach them not to get in my stuff" And then she went quit.

I was so afraid but I looked up real quick to see a cloud looking figure standing at the foot of the steps. I didn't know what to do so I acted like I didn't see her and just turned off the tape player, got up and walked out of the house, but when I got out there I ran the mile to town. I never said anything to anyone about what happened, but soon after, my dad moved us out of that house.

About 20 years later I took my kids to Alaska to see where I lived when I was young. I had gone to the grave yard down the street from that old house. I found a grave for the husband of the old woman, I noticed that it was fenced off for two graves but one was empty. I did some research into what happened to the old woman's body and found that before she died, she had befriended some of the towns people to take care of her. She got sick so her friends sent her to a town far away where they had better doctors.

When she died, her friends left her body there for the state to take care of while they split with each other all of her land and that old house. The old woman never got to be in the grave next to the man she had loved her hole life. And her unresting soul just walk the hall and rooms in that old house waiting for someone to put her body where she wanted to be.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Michael, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ladypictureshow (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
That was a great story! I love that you went back and found out the history. I would have done the same. I feel so sad for that poor woman's soul. I wish she could be placed next to her husband. How sad. That must have been very exciting finding out all that you did. If that were me, I would try to talk to her (even outside the home) and explain to her what happened and that everything is okay now. Her husband is waiting for her. Thank you for you story. It was very touching. 😳
torig1230 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
Okay, this is really freaky and I'm about to cry because i"m so scared. Okay, the situation is the sam for me. I'm home alone, the reat of my family is out, and my Grandma has dies in this house . I'm in the living room at the foot of the stairs, and I'm do SCARED help me. 😭
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
that was kind of funny but scary at the same time. That poor old granny sure is grumpy!
HELENA2006 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-20)
kind of scary, story. It is cool how there is a story behind everything. If you find out any more of the house or have another experience there when you go to visit, please let us know. It is very interesting. Hope to hear from you soon.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: