You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Silent Lucidity

Real Ghost Stories

Silent Lucidity

 

This story is from my mother, a loss in war, to make a long story short I will say the following. Nuremberg/Furth in November 1943 my mom was walking down her street, it was just after an American daylight bombing and just before the Brits would come during the night, so the ground was littered with derby and what not and she sees her favorite uncle and of cause she runs and tries to hug him, too her he seemed fine not a problem to be had.

But he seems confused, and when she ran up to him they do not ever touch and he does not recognize her, and this greatly upset her, because she knew it was him, but she was not alone on that street, there were others - who saw him too. But saw him differently; saw him in a much wounded way.

So she goes running to her mother and telling her tale, but the gentlemen were right behind her saying he needed to go to a hospital, (and I know this sounds bogus) but her mother was holding in her hand a telegram or some sort of communication telling her that her brother my mom's uncle was killed on the eastern front two weeks earlier. Now they all go running down to the street to see this man, but he's not there, and it is a long street so he could have not left. I guess the question is can a sister's grief bring someone back?

To this day my mom says she saw him, but only one thing she does not understand, his boots made no sound, to her he made no sound, the gentlemen could not say the same - he, to them, seemed like anyone else. So I guess the question is how can three people see the same thing and get totally different perspective. And they knew him. My mom says it was like he was silent - until the earth. The gentlemen said he was real and heard him walking. To those that will respond, please no comment on Fascism this just a story of a young girl who saw a beloved relative

Other hauntings by jerryhend1

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jerryhend1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
To: Griff84

"I have read the same story in different publications over the years -"

Unfortunately they tend to play out the same, war/loss of life (premature) /confusion. It may sound the same, just insert names and dates of the war they were involved in. It went on then and is going on now. Very sad.
😢
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-05)
I don't know if this has any relevance, and I can not confirm it true and that the account is genuine, but I have read the same story in different publications over the years -

In the 1800's, a lady was having a party / get together at her home. She was a well to do lady, who's husband was a Naval captain at war during the Napoleonic wars. During the party, the wife saw her husband, in full uniform, enter the front door, look at her, smile the warmest smile to her, he gestured for her to wait, and proceeded upstairs. After a short time, she rushed upstairs to see her husband, who, of course, was no where to be seen. She is perplexed by this, and contacts the local Naval office, and is told that her husband was still on active duty. A few days passed, and she received a telegram confirming her husband had been killed in battle on the night of the party. It appears to me he came home one last time to see his wife before moving on.

I hope I have not broken any rules by relaying this story, this post just reminded me of it.
breezey2399 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
I have a picture I took in Nuremberg in 2008. It was at night and during the winter time. Steam from my breath captured what I believe appears to clearly be a man in a jacket and hat...saluting. Could this be your great uncle? Do you have any photo's of him. Please email me and I will email you back the photo I took. Coolbreeze2399 [at] yahoo.com
Cristos0907 (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Rook and Isandhu basically took the words out of my mouth. Thank you for sharing this story.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
rookdygin:
Thank you. The responses so far have been exceptional and I will take these back to my mom and let her decide and I think she will agree with them, because in the end loss never ends.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
I second what Isandhu has stated. I feel her uncle's spirit, wandering after his physical body met a sudden and violent demise, was confused and walking about 'familiar surroundings'.

Your mother and the others who saw him possibly felt 'his energy'. Your mother 'saw' this energy take a 'hail and whole' form to spare her the shock of seeing his horrible wounds and the others saw this energy 'as he looked' when he died. Perhaps his spirit realized it's physical body was dead based on your mothers, and the other peoples, reactions to his appearance and he was able to cross over.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
Isandhu:
Thank you, my mom was 11 at the time, my grandmother never saw him he was gone when they got down to the street. And I must agree with you something must have been protecting her, to spare her anymore grief at such a young age. The two individuals that saw him (a boy in his early teens and a man in his mid-fifty's) were probably already used to seeing people injured in such a way in the city.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
Maybe your mother saw her uncle as she would have wanted to see him, whole and unharmed. You don't say how old she was, but perhaps she was protected somehow from seeing the reality of his wounds. He may have been confused because of the injuries that killed him and may not have know that he was dead. In answer to your question, yes, I think her mother's grief could have drawn the spirit to her vicinity, where he was seen by your mother, her mother and others. I'm sure once the confusion wore off he was able to pass on to wherever it is we're supposed to go when we die. Sounds like he was just a regular soldier doing his duty for his country. I would consider it a blessing she got to see him one last time even though he didn't recognize her.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: