You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Disappearing Garter

Real Ghost Stories

The Disappearing Garter

 

It's been a while since I've posted a story on here and it's been the same while nothing "strange" has happened, until now, and in the same room as my previous story. My previous story is about how two heavy flashlights fell from their place in the middle of a shelf, with no one in the room and me finding them in the center of the room with the batteries out. This time, my experience happened on my wedding day, in the same master bedroom.

I was getting ready for my wedding in the master bedroom at my mother's house, and took all the bridal accessories out of the bag they were being stored in, and continued to get ready for one of the best days of my life. With all the bussle, I didn't even realize that I had forgotten my garter until we were half way to the church and and made the driver turn around. I couldn't believe that I had forgetten it, especially since I had kept track of everything down to a tee. My mother couldn't believe it either, since the garter was in the bag with the rest of the accessories.

Since I was in my wedding dress, my mother ran back to her bedroom and back down to the car, only to tell me that the garter was definitely not in the bag nor anywhere to be found. Of course, this made me late for my own wedding!

During the ceremony I found out that because I was late, a choir that was on vacation randomly came into the church and sang for all of the guests while they waited.

The next day, my mother found the garter in the same bag we both had looked. I have to say that we both are very meticulous people and like to take care of details, so it is impossible that both of us overlooked the garter. After some googling, I've come across the Disappearing Object Phenomenon, and it fits perfectly.

If it wasn't for the disappearing garter, the choir would have never sung... I'd like to think of it as a gift from my deceased father...

Opinions?

Other hauntings by starangel

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, starangel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
If you choose to think of it as a gift from your father, then I believe that's what it was. Such experiences can't be proven and they shouldn't have to be. As long as you find meaning in the experience, then it's real no matter what anybody says.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: