You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Great Grandma's Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

Great Grandma's Haunted House

 

This happened to my great grandma before I was even born and my mom and aunt were just kids. One night my great grandpa decided to go out for a few hours leaving the house to my great grandma (it was night). She was reading the newspaper and a few minutes later she heard someone opening the front door and walk down the hallway to their bedroom and slamming the door behind it. She didn't care to say anything because she thought it was my great grandpa coming home. But later that night when she went to go to bed, she opened her bedroom door and there was an imprint like somebody was lying on the bed, and my great grandpa was nowhere to be seen. She was shocked so she ran and drove to her sister's house.

When my mom and her sister would stay there for a few nights, they would sleep in the guest rooms (separate rooms). My mom and her sister would both see these shadows shaped as people walking along the walls. And they would always end up sleeping in the living room side by side. My mom stopped going there after a few times of that, my aunt kept going for some reason.

My great grandma and grandpa finally got rid of the house a few years later. I can't believe they kept it for so long.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, emilyk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
Dear emilyk,

You know I can't believe they kept it so long either. Now, why do you think people do the things they do like that? It is quite astounding at times don't you think at what people will do? I appreciate you sharing your story with me and the rest of us here on this site. It was so sweet and caring of you. With many Blessings and be safe and at peace,
--Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: