You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Mysterious Black Thing

Real Ghost Stories

The Mysterious Black Thing

 

One afternoon after school my boyfriend (who's name is Jarrod), and I went back to his house to hang out. As we opened his bedroom door, a small black thing flew across the floor from behind the door to the left of the room then quickly dropped through the floorboards. At the time, there was clothes scattered and a foam mattress on the floor, and as the black "whatever it was" went through the floor, a pair of Jarrod's shorts fell over the top, like they were being dropped by someone. Both Jarrod and I saw this, and the scaredy cat that I am, I made Jarrod check under the clothes pile to see if it was a rat or some kind of giant cockroach. He found nothing.

A few days later we were going to Jarrod's room again and just as I was opening the door, I saw a big black figure, like someone under a big bed sheet with its arms by its side, standing near the window. Then it slowly hovered behind the door in time with the door opening. I didn't think too much about it in those split seconds as I thought it was the plastic bag hanging on the door handle on the other side, but I realized there wasn't a plastic bag there at all, nor would the handle be high enough to resemble the size. Jarrod didn't see it that time and was asking what I was doing. He didn't seem to care about what I had just seen nor had he cared what we both saw the last afternoon.

Sometimes when I stayed the night and Jarrod got to sleep before me, I would often feel like I was being watched (I usually do anyway but this time I was scared).

This was sometime last year and since then we had swapped rooms with Jarrod's younger brother because of spacial issues. One day, months after the last incident (a brand new room in a brand new year), Jarrod and I were sitting around doing our own thing quietly. We had a packet of doughnuts sitting on the bedside table and, in the corner of my eye, I saw a black blur fall from the ceiling and hit the packet. We both heard the sound, and it then rocked for a few seconds afterward and just touching them doesn't usually make them rock. I yelled to Jarrod, "DID YOU SEE THAT!? THAT WAS THE BLACK THING AGAIN!" and he just told me not to think about it too much. Well, I've tried that but I really, REALLY want to know what it was.

I haven't seen it around for a few months now. It could be gone for all I know. I just really want to know what it was. I've tried telling friends and family members, but everybody just disregards it. It's like they think I'm crazy and now I'm starting to wonder.

There had been something else that happened before I met Jarrod. Once his parents were having an argument (as most parents do) and a book apparently flew off the bookshelf and hit Jarrod's father in the head. I wasn't there so I don't know if it really happened.

I have recently been having very strange dreams. I don't usually even have dreams, but recently I have been having weird dreams where a demon was following me. I can't remember what has happened in all of my other dreams, only the fact there has been a demon, I think, trying to get me. This may just be my imagination but I do remember one very clearly. The first dream that I had. In this dream I looked into the eyes of something I shouldn't have and a demon started to try to possess me. Luckily I ran. It was chasing me and it grabbed my back and I felt like I was being pulled back. I was trying to run but it felt like trying to run in water... Very slowly. I recall in the dream I was getting people to touch my back so I could run normally (it worked, by the way, somehow).

I know I have been dreaming about the same sort of thing because I woke up last night to a fire alarm with a dying battery beeping and only half waking up thinking it was a demon screaming. I'm not as scared as I know myself to be and I just hope my dreams don't really mean anything. I haven't done anything wrong as I know of, and I would just like to understand what the mysterious black thing was.

Sorry this was so long, but I've been trying to describe what has happened as best as I can. And after reading other peoples' stories, I have finally managed to make an account to tell my story. Sorry again for the amount of reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, prettycurse, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Scbsd (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
CloeHarwood, I followed the link that you provided to your Tumblr Page, and on your profile it listed these four things that you value--"Positivity, optimism, peace, happiness"

How come none of that shows up in your comment here?
prettycurse (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
thankyou so much guys! And yes my name is Samara:) a lot of people ask about my name and tell me about the ring (I have seen one of them:P) but I'm not offended hehe my name really is Samara Jane Dawson

I really thought no body was going to believe me so thanks for reading and for the comments!
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
It sounds like your dreams are most likely a manifestation of your anxiety about your experiences. Try not to let yourself get too frightened or you'll just leave yourself vulnerable to more activity. I do not know what the black things are, but so far they've not harmed you and there's no evidence they could even if that was their intention. It may be others around you have had similar experiences but have chosen to ignore them. I'm not sure what to suggest if you want to know more. Perhaps consult a reputable local paranormal investigation group for help.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
prettycurse,

I read on your profile where you are 16, if your boyfriend is about the same age then this may be Poltergeist activity. I've been saying this on many experiences lately but the 'evidence' presented by the O/P's seems to bear it out. Your experience is no different.

I think you dreams have been influenced by your recent 'scares' with this 'Black Figure'. I think, if there is any validity to the story of what happened between his Mother and Father that the activity is centered around your boyfriend and that it's not a 'real' spirit but a manifestation of energy being released by him and or his mother. The 'book' flying off the shelf is an example of telekinetic energy influencing the physical environment.

Having said all that I'll mention it here...No, I'll be a bit more polite... On your profile you list your name as Samara... Is this your real name? It sounds a bit 'Ring (ish) to me and I have to admit it raises a wee bit of concern about this experience... I do not mean any offence, just voicing my concerns.

Respectfully,

Rook
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
I swear I seen the samething once or so But not sure what it is The black thing you mean I seen one when I was in bed one night up the ceiling but Lucky I move my bed and it's stop it's so annoy so your not sure what it is but it's might be a demon from your dream not sure thought.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: