You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Am I Being Followed?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Being Followed?

 

First I will give a little background. I was the second oldest of four kids. My mother was a middle child in a family of four as well. Each one of her childhood homes was haunted (she moved three times). As I grew up, my brother and my sisters believed our house to be haunted. We would try to communicate with what was in our house, and each time it would say it wanted me.

Now, I live in a newly built house with my 9-year-old daughter, Chloe. My boyfriend's name is Hunter, though we don't live together. Two years ago I lived in a small apartment with my daughter, and before that I lived at my friend, Kayleigh's, with my daughter. Paranormal things happened in each of these places.

When living with Kayleigh, my daughter and I were in sitting on the floor in front of the TV watching cartoons. My daughter got up to grab the remote and the glass TV stand exploded, glass flying towards my face. The strange thing is, it came about a centimeter from my face and fell to the ground. That is the only thing dramatic that happened there.

When living in the apartment, I always heard footsteps. Footsteps, scratching on the walls, tapping noises on things nearby me. Half the time when I heard this Chloe would be sitting with me or at a friend's house so it wasn't her. They weren't normal footsteps. They sounded like step-drag, step-drag, step-drag. In random places in the apartment. My friends would hear all of this, too.

This is where things have been very stirred up lately. At my house, I was sitting in the kitchen and talking to my mother. Next to the kitchen is the laundry room. There is a silver rack with paper cups, plates, and an iron, just a place for normal household items, in the laundry room. One by one things started falling off of it, like being pushed off by something. I would be sitting alone in the house and I would hear a sudden crash in a room. Sounds like something big falling. Whenever I would go to investigate it, there's never anything fallen.

I often hear a lot of movement in the attic. The attic in my house is blocked off, so I don't know how to see what's up there. My dog Max always stares off into thin air and begins barking loudly and aggressively. He is a Golden Retriever with NO tendencies to be aggressive. He often has nightmares that last until I wake him up. Many small things happen that I just brush off.

Me and my boyfriend don't live together now, considering we've only been dating for 3 months. But, when I go to his house I always have a strange feeling. His front door will open and shut on its own. We would be talking in his living room and I would get this strange sensation that I was being watched. We would leave the house just to make that dark, heavy feeling go away.

Everywhere I go, it feels like this thing is with me. I've spoken to friends and my grandmother about it, and they all feel the same way. "It" does so many things, but it's never shown itself to me, or said my name, or touched me to really make itself known. But I know it's here.

So, I was just wondering, after all my experiences... Am I being followed?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GhostGirl33, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

haunted4ever (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-08)
Yes, I do believe you are being followed as I have always been... New home, old home, hotel rooms, it doesn't seem ti matter. I suspect that you have some gifts that you may not be aware of. Persons with extra sight or phychic/sensitive abilities are like beacons of light in a black darkness to spirits in their realm.
These spirits are attracted to you like moths to a flame because you can sense/ see/ feel them.
Just be aware that you are not alone, and many have this predicament.
Blackstone (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
This sounds exactly like paranormal activity. Minus the daughter part. Anyways carry a rosary around and put religious symbols in your house. Get a priest to bless your home.
murpheyslawyer (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Either you are being followed or you are putting out a lot of energy and that is what is creating this. And that would explain why it is following you because it IS you. Rook gave some great advice too.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
I'm not sure quite what to make of this experience. I'll go ahead and give it the benefit of a doubt however and I'll say this...

Followed? Possibly... Being 'scared / on edge' because you you 'feel' that something is there... Something you can't see... Highly Possible. Is this something trying to harm you...doesn't sound like it... The one instance you mention something physical happening is the shattering glass table... This could have been caused by any number natural causes... The unusual part of this is how you described where/how the glass stopped just before striking you in the face... That sounds more like something protecting you from harm.

If you wish to reassure yourself please try this method I use for Cleansing and Shielding...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
CammiAlice (5 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
yes, it sounds like you're being followed, it seems like it wants to harm you so I suggest that you get yourself or the house blessed. I am not a religious person but I believe that (if you are religious) you're religion's symbol will protect you. Sometimes I carry a cross in my pocket or around my neck and I seem to feel better. And buy one for your daughter as well as she is the one who is around you the most. Good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: