You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Hostel Ghost - First Sighting

Real Ghost Stories

The Hostel Ghost - First Sighting

 

It started when we, the second year students, went on holidays after the exams. There were no second year or third year students in the hostel. But the first years were preparing for their exams.

It began one night. The watchman was on his regular night patrol. He sighted a girl sitting on the stairs. He became curious, because she was in the boys' hostel. He went behind to catch her by surprise. But when he went near her, she was soaked up in blood and he lost his consciousness. When he regained his consciousness he was enquired about the happenings. He said, "The girl attacked me... And she did not have her lower jaw".

It was from then many sightings and incidents began to happen in our hostel. Everyone had this feeling... Like they were stalked by something. No one had enough rest in the night. There were sound of baby crying or like somebody walking around. In some rooms some students even began to take turns to stand guard when the others were sleeping.

Once a student was nearly attacked by this thing. He returned to his room to change. None of his room-mates were there, because everybody was at the basketball ground to watch the Friday-night movie (hostel tradition). When was at his room, he began to hear some weird noise. So, he went to the window and saw something like a light hovering in the the air. Then, without any warning, it hit the window and burst into pieces. This is not all, there are many more activities like this happening around.

We are all terrified, has somebody had similar experiences? Please suggest some techniques to chase whatever this thing is from our hostel.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghost_freak, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-16)
Very horrible incident specially that watchman incident... Dip I was thinking the same 'The Grudge' scene where the nurse opened her mouth with blood coming out. 😨
Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-16)
it is indeed strange that the nightguard sees a scene right out of the movie plot - 'grudge' - however all things aside, comment by rookdygin is to be taken on a serious note, if someone is intending or expecting interactions with energies they fully don't understand or contemplate their existence. Its not only needed to read but act on how different energy flows in the circle of life can put a positive effect on interacting with such entities.

Good update - ghost_freak
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
Dear Mods,
Do remove my comments on this post please! It was so stupid of me to comment on an old inactive post 😳

BTW, how have you been Granny & Miracles?
Nice to see Rook back.
A big 'Hi' to others whom I'm failing to address.

This is no doppelganger πŸ˜†.

Regards
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
Ghost_freak: Hostels and hotels are 2 places where the chances of being haunted are the most. Carry out a proper Pooja (worshipping ceremony/Yagya in your hostel with the help of a Pujari (priest.Let the smoke of the fire (used in Yagya) reach every nook and corner of the hostel, gate and boundary walls. Apply the ash of the fire on the doors of every room. I am sure if there is any negative energy dwelling in there (the experiences sure confirm there is!), it will leave. Hope my suggestion proves helpful to you.
angel81 (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
nice story... Every hostel has its own ghost stories...
Thanks for sharing... Keep posting more events...
---angel ❀
Ghost_freak (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
[at] ind_83: The hostel is located at Chennai,TN.
And I would like to state that the things got worse... I myself had encounter with this thing twice. I will write about it in "The Hostel Ghost-Things Got Worse"
Moen (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
It is very creepy. Be courageous and important thing is that never be afraid. Emotions make ghosts extra powerful. Always remember that the more you get scared, the more the spirits grow in strength. Be in a group. If in case if you encounter face to face calm down, do not panic. Just relax and smile at the entity. Be courageous. If you show any nervousness their strength grows. This is rainy season and keep yourself in group. In rainy season especially during thunders and lightening the paranormal activity becomes very very high. Be careful. Do not unnecessarily commit yourself listening to comments here. Believe me, just stay in group, and avoid night time parties especially during thunders. Do not engage in other activities in nights, do not keep yourself awake at nights.
Generally entities will never try to look scary. If they look scary then it is set out for a revenge.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
As creepy as this sounds, I don't think you have anything to worry about since it doesn't appear to have happened to you.
Moen (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
This is very good story, thank you for sharing. I appreciate it.
adsouza (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Ghostfreak - This seems like a dirty prank to me. But having said that, I'd suggest you try Rook's cleansing method. It is effective and should this be something out of the ordinary, it will feel the impact.

If not, then you know best where to look...
ind_83 (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
[at] Ghost_freak, Do you have any idea about the past of your hostel? Where is it in India? The experiences are truly horrifying.
rohinya (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
what if some one is playing a prank?...because hostel students usually do!...but if not then it is a serious problem. πŸ˜•
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Miracles, young and crazy are both good! Lol! Do it, as long as you can! I 'grew up' with my girls, we had an absolute Ball together!
Enjoy, life can be short ~ too darned short! 😐
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Fergie - LOL then I'm getting wiser every 3 weeks πŸ˜‰. As long as Dalton is little, I'm going to stay young, or crazy. Not sure which πŸ˜† Maybe both πŸ˜†
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Gosh, Miracles, you are still a spring chicken!
You don't have to worry about old age for another 30 years! 😲
I also started going grey in my 30's, but grey is NOT a sign of old age; only of wisdom! 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Fergie - I guess that depends upon what you define as old age πŸ˜‰. Me? I'll be 47 in July with a 10-year-old little boy. So, in my case it's just being a dumb-blonde who is a natural brunette who has been going gray since I was in my early 30's πŸ˜†
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Lol ~ Miracles? So it is not old age, when I confuse myself? I really thought it was! πŸ˜• πŸ€”
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Fergie - LOL, I completely understand πŸ˜†. And I have to admit, there are times I completely confuse myself πŸ˜†
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Dear Miracles~ I ALWAYS talk to myself ~ that way, I get intelligent answers! (I think?) πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜•
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Siri - thank you for understanding. We try to keep up with the site, but there are times when we can't catch them. That's why we rely on our other members to let us know we have a situation that needs our attention.

I don't mind arguing with myself. It's when I lose... πŸ˜†
Siri (18 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Miracles - Thanks for the explanation, and for removing that original post. It's actually nice to know that you're looking out for the posters, here.
And I talk to myself quite often, too! LOL. I think it's okay as long as I don't start arguing with myself. πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Siri - and by the way, I always talk to myself. So healthy? Of course it is πŸ˜† Just ask 90% of the people on this site πŸ˜‰
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Siri - I apologize for that. Let's just hope that most members will understand that dominic said something that needed to be deleted. If it would make you feel better, I can delete your comment too and then you won't look like you were talking to yourself πŸ˜‰
Siri (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Well that's embarassing... Fifteen minutes after I post my response to dominic's post, his post gets removed... Now I sound like I'm talking to myself. That's healthy, right?;D
Siri (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Dominic - Wow, you sound to be one of those young adults that believes nothing can harm them and that they are invinsible...it's not true. Things can harm you. And is your advice really for them to chase this ghost and 'beat the shiat out of her'? Because it worked for you when you, in fact, did not even have a haunting, but some jerk-off HUMAN tormenting you? Sound advice, there, brother. Really hope they try that out. /sarcasm off
Ghost_freak - This experience is very...unnerving. The only advice that I could possible give would be to possibly try a cleansing ritual, such as the one rookdygin (good God, I hope I didn't mess his name up) posts on several stories. I've heard it works well. I know if I were you, I probably would find somewhere else to live, though. I'm apparently a coward when it comes to jawless, mutilated ghosties. >.<
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
Really creepy. Usually this happens in many hostels. Heard, read many of them, That thing could be a unhappy soul. Try to find out the information, may be past about your hostel building. But this is creepy.

Thanks for sharing.
vibhanim21 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
wow! Really a creepy one.

Did anyone try to find out who was this entity and what did it want? Any history related to your hostel?
Please be careful, just go in groups and avoid the noises instead of reacting to it.

-❀ vibha
Ambydude (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
woah can't believe this maybe you should go places together and not leave one person to go on there own so you have more help in believing its your imagination

Thanks

Amby dude 😲

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: