You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I'm Really Curious About Some Of My Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

I'm Really Curious About Some Of My Experiences

 

I'll start by saying I have no clue what happened.

I grew up in a Catholic family (turns out I wasn't related to them) and they greatly believed in anything spiritual. Of course, there were stories of me talking to people as a baby, which I'm certain everyone has had. My mom said my conversations and descriptions were a bit more mature as I grew up.

I'll start with the first spirit I was told I talked to for many years. A 17-year-old girl named Irma, who spent her time in the attic. I was 2 when I described her and she watched over me as I played alone throughout the house. I recently discovered that Irma is a real name. I'd never met anyone by that name.

After moving out of that house, which still belongs to my "step-grandparents," there were stories from visitors and other residents that objects moved around and we dropped. They believed it was my friend Irma.

This may get a little longer now because the stories after Irma were instances that I remember clearly. I hope you'll want to proceed.

The first "encounter" that I remember was short but scary to me. I was five, riding in the passenger seat with my stepfather as he drove. Behind me in the back seat I could hear a little boy crying frantically and begging for someone to "stop". And that was it.

Next we moved into an older house that I was never comfortable with. From day one I had nightmares every single night. I refused to stay there and begged to stay with my grandmother, who later I discovered was my "step-grandmother". One night when they refused to allow me to go elsewhere to spend the night I woke up from a nightmare. I rolled over to look toward my younger brother's bed and noticed that through the window just outside our bedroom door a man was standing there and staring in at me. I was paralyzed. Next I noticed figures developing around my brother's bed and looking down at him. I finally managed to sleep over sometime.

What finally forced the move from that house was when my mother encountered a spirit, perhaps a demon. She woke in the night from someone pinning her down in bed and talking to her. She couldn't scream or move, she was completely helpless. She said it threatened her and then left.

Next is the first time I looked directly into the face of what I believed to be a spirit. I woke up in the middle if the night yet again and couldn't sleep. I decided to go watch television. About 20 minutes into whatever I was watching, I felt uncomfortable with the room. I turned toward the back of the couch to try to sleep and noticed someone walking in from the hallway. She was an older woman with blackened eyes and messy hair. I couldn't move, only stare. She approached the back of the couch and stood there looking down at me. She was the most terrifying spirit that I saw.

From the time I could think until I was 10, 10 being the time I saw the old woman, I was confident I had some gift, but everything abruptly stopped. It wasn't until my freshman year in high school that I saw something again.

The Ouija board, as repetitive and stupid as it sounds to me, restarted a small string of incidences. But it could have also been paranoia haha. I saw children and heard laughing for about a week but it stopped quickly. The last encounter I had was unexpected and more bizarre than the others.

Just this past year, my senior year in high school, I woke up at 5:30 and laid in bed waiting for my alarm. I felt fine, I rolled over checked my phone and laid on my belly. I suddenly felt heavy and became confused. I didn't move but I had this feeling that someone was approaching my bedroom door but there were no footsteps. I felt as if someone entered my room but the door stood shut. They approached my bed and ran their hand on my back and said my name in a voice that was identical to my father's, who is not passed. I tried to move but couldn't. I laid there for a while and thought just to ask it to leave and instantly it did.

I had other experiences throughout my life such as seeing passed relatives that I've never met and noticing things that others couldn't see, but I don't remember them as much.

If any part of this is interesting, or if there is any explanations that you can provide for anything I'd really like to hear. I'm most curious about why a spirit would impersonate the voice of a living person and also if I did have some type of gift.

By the way, I wrote this with my phone. I'm terribly sorry for spelling errors, grammatical errors, or freakish typos.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Curious225, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Curious225 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
Rook,

I believe that the only thing stressful in either my dad's or my own life at that time was that I was struggling to graduate. However, I didn't feel too stressed out about it but I guess I did have sleep problems every here and there so I could have been more stressed then I remember.

Dan,

Why would something about what I wrote worry you? For the most part my experiences were all just being able to see people. Just once do I actually remember feeling something physical.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Curious225: You mentioned you heard the little kid crying in the back seat, I'm gathering your stepfather did not hear this.
Im trying to think of why you would experience this paranormally I have a few thoughts, besides the fact that you are open to the spiritual world and can sense and be affected by their presence, that part of your account had me a little worried I think I would have looked in to that a little more.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Curious,

Thanks for sharing this with us. These 'abilities' can strengthen / weaken over time. So people lose the ability to see/hear spirits altogether and for others they 'come and go' (which sounds like may be happening with you).

The incident with the spirit that 'sounded' like your Father... It may have actually been him, as an Astral Projection. Do you remember if either of you were going through a stressful period in your lives at the time this happened... It may have been 'him' trying to comfort you OR perhaps he needed comforting because of something and he was thinking about you and managed to 'project' himself to you. Just something to consider.

You ability sounds as if it's still 'active' you can take measure to either strengthen it or you can choose not to develop it. That is up to you.

Again, Thank You for sharing this with us and please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
I feel an urge to tell you, I had an "imaginary friend" as a kid as well. Actually, I sincerely remembered him as my brother "Jimmy", when I was older this confused me a great deal, for I specifically remembered him, as my brother, and seemingly suddenly he disappeared: it seems I gradually noticed. I began to think he must have died, and that was why my older syblings got quiet when I mentioned him, but I guess; because I really don't know they never really said anything to confirm or deny his existance, he was either a fabrication, an actual entity, or for me, as I still feel, he was my brother, "Jimmy".
Things were 'quiet' for me for awhile as well.
The experience with a voice like your father's sounds precognitive, if so, you probably have had other precognitive gut feelings as well, or will; record what you can, no matter how unimportant or strange it may seem. Trust your instincts, listen to your conscience.
Keep in touch.
Sonri

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: