You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Footsteps In The Staircase

Real Ghost Stories

The Footsteps In The Staircase

 

This incident has happened to me quite a few times. It was the summer time and I was studying before the beginning of the new academic year. My room was just next to the staircase that one used to reach my house. The windows of my room would open towards the staircase. I didn't prefer sitting and studying in the room with the windows opened as staring at the night sky normally freaked me out. But since it was quite hot in those days I had no option but to keep them open.

My brother had warned me against keeping the windows open as he himself had some issues there but he preferred not talking about them. So there was always a kind of fear in my heart regarding the windows open and the staircase.

Then one day as I was busy studying, I heard some footsteps. As the footsteps grew louder, I could make out that it was someone that was climbing the stairs because if the footsteps were of somebody on the same floor their intensity wouldn't have changed. And also my flat was the only one occupied on that floor and my parents had already gone to sleep. So I was just waiting who could it be, who was climbing at the middle of night.

As the footsteps seemed reached my window and I couldn't see anybody by then, I went to the window to see who it was. But there was no one. I thought that I might be imaginning things. But it was the same story almost every night. So I decide to keep the lights in the staircase on at night so if anybody was climbing the stairs, I could see their shadow on the parapet. That night I again started hearing the footsteps so I went to the window to check out the shadow but I couldn't see any. And those footsteps sounded so real that I could actually feel the person standing next to my window but there would never be any shadow. So it led me believe that what I was experiencing was definitely a paranormal activity.

I stopped studying in that room since no one believed me and thought it to be my imagination.

Other hauntings by yashodhansule

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, yashodhansule, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

chadlee2003 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
You could always throw some flour in front of your window and around that area to see if there are any actual footsteps in the flour. If not then you might be on to something.
yashodhansule (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
yea it is quite scary but when you are in such situation you do start feeling brave enough to see what the real thing is
Moen (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Put some salt near the window. It works. Most of the time, I have seen people telling that if they sprinkle salt water or salt near doors and windows the visit of entities would be minimized.
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
I remember when I was in my early teen Never forget it I would hear something but can't tell what it is though then I would pick up baseball bat lol funny an't it? I would find what it is.
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
I would say you are a daring person, If I were in your place, I wouldn't dare to checkout from the window. Really creepy one.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: