You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Progressed To Possession

Real Ghost Stories

Progressed To Possession

 

I am going to start with a bit of info on myself. My name is Madelina Port, and I'm from the United States in Pennsylvania. I have 2 sons, ages 6 and 2, and I am expecting a baby in about 5 months. The gender is a suprise. My husband and I have been married for 7 years now and right before we got married we moved into a townhouse complex. It's basically 3 buildings put together, with the same structure times 11 around our townhouse. Ever since we moved in, we've been experiencing strange things, but as time went on they have been progressing.

When we first moved in, the weirdest things started happening. We brushed them off as problems with the townhouse. Things like lightbulbs going out, toilets flushing on their own, alarm clocks going off in the middle of the day when nobody set them for that specific time, the television turning off and on, etcetera. We had the house checked for electrical and plumbing problems many times, with nothing but a clean report. This went on for about a year, until our first son was born.

The day we brought him home from the hospital, it was like all hell broke loose. Things were flying off the shelves, we felt something touching us like around our shoulder area, we heard whispering, and sometimes we would feel something sitting on our bed at night. It didn't stop there; Whenever we went into the one bathroom in the house to brush our teeth, shower, wash our hands, or go to the bathroom, the light would flicker and go out. We replaced the lighbulb 4 times in one week once, but we didn't even bother anymore after it was happening for a month. We were starting to be scared for our family at that point.

When my second son was born, it seemed like everything went quiet. No activity was happening at all for about 2 months, until it got really bad. Our 4 year old kept telling us that he was seeing "The Scary Things". I was really confused about what he was saying, so I asked him what "The Scary Things" were. He told me that after we went to bed, he would wake up to a "Scary Thing" sitting on his bed and looking at him. Then when he would start to get really scared, it would disappear. Our newborn would also (and this terrified me) end up on the floor out of his crib when we would wake up to him crying. My husband denied moving him, and our 4 year old can't reach the top of the crib, let alone pick him up. I was getting really scared at this point, so I moved his crib into our bedroom. We would also wake up to bangs on the wall coming from the kitchen area, and my husband said that one night when he woke to a loud crash coming from the living room, something was holding him down. He was swinging his arms and legs at whatever was pinning him to the bed, and after 15-20 seconds of this, he was able to get up.

The overall worst experience I've ever had was when my oldest son was 5. He began having nightmares that would have him screaming, and he said that "The Scary Things" came up to his bed every night. At this point, we decided to get the house blessed. After the blessing it felt really light and happy until a week later, when whatever it was that was there was really angry.

I was doing laundry one night and I was pushed against the wall. I was trying to get free and I felt something whip my face. I was struggling for about 30 seconds, then whatever it was let go. During this time my husband was at work. Right after that, my eldest son came up to me and said that there was something in his room. I told him to sit on the couch and when I was done with the laundry I would go check it out.

I went up there and it was extremely cold so I turned on the heat. I checked the toy chest and under his bed, then I moved towards the closet. I was feeling really nervous at this point and my skin felt like spiderwebs were on me. I opened the closet and I saw a black blob thing in the back of the closet. It had red eyes and it looked like it was pulsing. I screamed and I ran downstairs and decided that I had enough of this and as I was grabbing my purse with my keys to take me and my kids elsewhere when my son stood up and said "Mom, don't leave." I said back, "Honey, we have to go. I'm sorry."

Then he came up to me, but the way he was walking didn't look right. It was like he was walking with a clubbed or broken foot, it was kind of like a hobble. I asked him if his foot was alright, and he replied to me in a nasty voice that I've never heard before, and with it came profanity and obscenities that I didn't even know that he knew. He started pulling things off of the shelves and hurling them onto the floor, and I snapped at this moment. I called the local Catholic church and talked to the priest about an exorcism, because I was pretty sure that this was a demonic posession.

I'd prefer not to talk about the exorcism, because that would be bringing back terrible things that I have tried to push to the back of my mind over the past year. That was overall the most frightening experience I've ever had. The exorcism was successful and I've never experienced anything ever again, nor did my sons or my husband.

Thank you for reading this, I would just like to know if anyone has experienced anything like this and how they deal with it, because I have nightmares about it a few times a week, and I need the relief.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MadelinaMarie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Teffy88 (10 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-12-26)
If you happen to come back and see this comment I'd love an update. Is everything still going well? I certainly hope so! 💕
Autumnbaby (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-11)
I am so glad the exorcism was a success. But please do not dwell on it. You could possibly invite the demonic entity back in. They feed on fear and negativity. Once you have been "touched" by the demonic world, they never forget you, and are always looking for a way back in. You have to stay surrounded by God's white light at all times, and since they have no sense of time like we do, they never give up waiting and lurking in the shadows. Good luck to you. You and your family are in my prayers.
ColsenyBoo (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
MadelinaMarie - Thank goodness that the exorcism was a sucess. I think an entity was very angry about him/her on his/her territory. Look upon a house that has been built on a place that nobody died on and newly built. 😁 😁 😁
BrokenTree (76 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
What part of Pennsylvania are you in, middle or southeast perhaps?
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
The steps involved before having an exorcism done by the church, are long and drawn out. They request psych evaluations- medical observations- before they will ever entertain the idea of putting a young child through an exorcism. The process is long, and involved.
Reading the above, I get the impression you requested an exorcism for your child, and the church granted one. This is not how the church operates- unless I misread, and it was the house they came back to cleanse- I'd like to hear back, to at least clear up the last portion of this experience.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
I'm glad that your family is doing better. It's sad that your son was in spiritual warfare at such a young age. Jesus wouldn't allow those demons to win though. The light will always overpower darkness.

Thank you for sharing
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
MadelinaMarie;

I thank you for sharing this story though it was a terrifying experience for you and your family. I would like to say that you should have psychic or medium come in to make sure that the demon is out of the house and if it is then have the house and property blessed because a house blessing does not work if an entity is within the home. The cob web feeling is ectoplasm it tells the sign of a spirit in the home.

Blackmoonmage20;

Demolishing the home and rebuilding the home will not help because there is a chance that the spirit is connected to the land
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Your story is pretty draw dropping!

I too have weird things going on in my house, similar to what youve experienced. And one night I was with my best friend. We were petting my cat and talking and something fell on the floor for no reason, and we got scared after that I don't remember anything. Its like I blacked out, I felt like I had fainted, but when my view came back my best friend was standing up staring at me with fear in her eyes. I asked her what's wrong and got up and she told me to not go near her. I was extremely confused at that point and told her she didn't have to worry. She started crying saying that after the glass fell off the table, my eyes changed and that I stared at her with an evil grin and that my voice changed while I laughed. I do believe that I wasn't in control of my own body that night.
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
You should need to demolish the house and bless it again if I were you.
Elle0309 (2 stories) (39 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
I feel compassion for you. For those of us who have witnessed an exorcism, I don't think you ever get it out of your head. I've pretty much spent my life trying to make peace with what I went through. One thing it will do is get you closer to God. Once you've seen something like that, there are no doubts left in your mind about the existence of good and evil. I think sometimes it is allowed to happen to bear witness to the existence of the spiritual world. Don't let it make you feel helpless, though. There is always a reason for everything.
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
Do you have another place to live now? Or are you just staying but the house is safe now?I'm so sorry.I'm not a mother, but I can imagine the horror of seeing your kids go through this. I don't understand what these kind of things are but it does seem like children are more vulnerable to them. I hope your son will be able to forget that experience!
pratekya (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
Madelina -
Thank you for sharing your story. It was one of the scariest I've read here, and I believe you. I'm sorry that you have gone through this.
I haven't had your type of experience but would say if you can continue or begin to call on God's help in everything that would be a help. Take care, I will pray for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: