You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Amy

Real Ghost Stories

Amy

 

When my oldest daughter was 2 1/2 (she is now 13), she would sense and see things that we could not. We would sneak and sit outside her bedroom and listen to her giggle and talk in baby talk in her room to all the while she was looking up in the corner of the ceiling. I would always tell her to say "Hi" to them for us. Her angels.

One evening my daughter and I were visiting a friend's house (well his brother's house) he was giving us a tour of his home and we had walked into his home office to look around, when I noticed my daughter stopped right at the threshold. I tried to persuade her to come in, no luck, and then we went about the house again walking in and out of rooms, up and down stairs, and we passed the home office again. She stops dead.

I picked her up and proceeded to walk through the door and she was wiggling to try and get out of arms, and saying "no, no, no go in". I looked at my friend's brother with a questioning look, and tried again, same response from her.

I knew she felt something, I kept it to myself and didn't want to alarm them.

We were all sitting in the living room having pizza when my daughter (2 1/2) sits next to him on the couch and says "baby not here, baby up there" (pointing to the ceiling) "baby Amy went bye bye". All of us stunned, just looking at her, my friend's brother just begins crying and then explains to me that his now home office "was" to be the nursery for their daughter, I was just then told was still born at 9 months and they had named her Amy.

He just hugged my daughter, and continued crying, knowing now she was okay and at peace.

Shannon M. Ives

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ShannonMarie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

Ghostkisses13 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
I have been able to see ghosts my first friend was a spirit named Lucy I met her while walking in a cemitary my arenas never have believed me about ghost and spirits. But still to this day I walk to what I think is lucys grave and here a little girl laugh. It's amazing what children can see when they believe ❤
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
children see the most beautiful visions of beautiful souls and images of heaven. She saw a vision of Amy in Heaven at peace but spiritually connected to her parents hearts and souls.

My Darling Lilike Judith Elisabeth Weisz
LJEW 0-5 Years
Http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=tw8TzX_z2IM
Piro (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
Reminds me of my mother's childhood... But THAT is another story, to be told later 😭 😭 😭
Sapper (7 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
My daughter passed. It was a moler pregnency which is a rare type of cancer. It hit my wife very hard and still to this day we don't speak of it. I have a tattoo of a wolf print beside my neck to remember her its one of my wifes favorite tattoos because to her and I it shows I'll always have her with me. This story was nice I only wish I could know for sure. Thank you for sharing it.
pinkbabe63 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
Ahhhh that's really sad I almost cried! And I do think your daughter is special and its amazing that she saw what she did. Does she still see things or was it just when she was a toddler?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-11)
What a beautiful story. It brought tears to my eyes just reading it. What a very special daughter you have, and how wonderful for her to bring peace at the loss of their baby girl, Amy. Knowing their blessed Amy is at peace must be such a comfort.

God Bless!
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
Holy crap! That's insane! That would definitely be shocking. Does your daughter still experience things like this? I truly feel that children (toddlers especially) are far more sensitive to things like that. I remember reading a news story - about a woman who disappeared... And she left her son alone in the house (which was something so completely out of character). His grandmother found him about day later after his mother went missing, she asked where his mother was - he said "Mommy broke the table, Mommy's in the rug..." *shudders*
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
What a great story! I haven't got much to say other than what Abby and Shane said.
It sounds like you've never dismissed these things that your kids see, which is great because all too often parents try to deny these things, saying it's their imagination etc.
I hope you and your family are happy, and that your kids know how special they are!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
Shannon thank you for sharing your story with us. Your children, like "almost all" children have a gift and if that gift isn't used on a daily basis then they tend to lose it. Also society often pushes its beliefs off on our children telling them what to believe and what not to. Once this begins it is difficult if not impossible for them to ever have the ability again. I am glad your daughter was able to bring a little bit more closer for your friends brother and his family.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
ShannonMarie (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
no, she doesn't see them any more, but it was always sweet to sit outside her room and listen to her giggle and babble away! My youngest (1 1/2) does the same thing, my 6yr old never did. (all girls)
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
When I was little, I saw some things that others couldn't. I remember one time a saw a huge trantula climbing up the wall and then it just suddenly vanished. Sigh...
Draculina (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
My mom told me I would talk to a spirit in the corner of her room, around that age, almost everyday. She told me that I told her it was a man. Your daughter had a gift to talk and see the dead. Most young children will have some connection to the dead. If you would like to know more about things like that then you should check out some Sylvia Browne books
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
Dear Shannon,

What a lovely, lovely story that is so heartfelt and deeply touching. It is so nice to have a story like yours, so truthful, innocent and pure, for any age and at any level or stage of one's life. I ab "soul"utely loved your story and appreciate you and your daughter for sharing it with me. How personal and how wonderful. Blessings, Abby
Annie (202 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-20)
Shannon, your daughter gave your friend's brother a great gift. He could rest with the realization that his daughter is with the angels. Baby's are just...miracles. They can see more than any of us oldies...ha...can see.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-20)
Your daughter is a very specail child. She reminds me of when I was very little. I would see stuff others couldn't and I would talk to them too. I still do that today. I hope your daughter keeps this power and uses it for good and to save lives.
Blessings to everyone,
Mikomi
Brian07891 (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-20)
Woooow, your daughter reminds me of that little boy in the Messengers... Does she still see stuff now? I hope not

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: