You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Ghost of my Dead Father

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost of my Dead Father

 

My Father was a healthy 50 year old man, I was very close to him. He suddenly took a massive heart attack on the 18th of january 2004, he died in the bathroom of my family home and around 9 o'clock that morning. I was very close to my father and I have great respect for the man.

The day of his funeral came and went and I was numb to the bone, it just didn't sink in to my brain that he was gone from me, I was still in shock. That night I had agreed to stay over in my mum's house to keep her company after the funeral, I decided to get changed and I went up to my mum's bedroom. As I was leaving to go in to the bathroom, I opened the door, and as I glanced up, I saw my father standing at the bathroom door, he was a little hazy but I knew right away it was him, I had seen him.

He was smiling at me and he had his white shirt on and black trousers, then the fear and panic set in and I slammed the door. I stood in the bedroom frozen with fright, wasn't long before I opened the door and he was gone, I have never seen him again after that day, but I have sensed him in the house, or felt his presence. Especially when I have my children in the house I feel him, it's wonderful, now I love to go visit the house, I wish he would show himself to me again

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, darkstorm, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
im not surprised he left... So would I if someone slammed the door in my face...
ghostreader1000 (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
It is a wonderful experince to see a loved on after they pass away. Your dad you said was a great man and you have lots of respect for him. That is wonderful that you do. I sense that your father is just there checking on things and re living his prior life like doing the things he use to do before he passed away. You experinced what few people in their life ever have. Hold on to each and every single moment you can. Even though you may not be able to see him he will always be with you no matter what. Next time you see him just tell him you love him and miss him I am sure he will love that. I myself have a six sense of seeing ghosts and sometimes on a rare occasion would speak to one and get an answer though I am not involved with and ghost hunting organizations spirits are here with us. Most of thhe time they are misunderstood and blown off as something evil. That fact is not true. The fact that a ghost is violent or not sits on the balance of the person of the life they lived before dying. Your father to you and your family was a true warm hearted man it seems like to me. Always remember even though you can't see him he is there watching over you as daddy's little girl. Hope you find peace and Joy with your experince.
Templar (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Great story, well my father passed away alittle too early 63. Not long after that my younger brother was having a hard time dealing with it and was drinking too much. He had gotten into a fight and was pretty banged up so I went to visit him. He was telling me about in the basement of his house and we turned the lights off and went upstairs. My father always hated when we would rough house as kids and would get very upset. He warned me to lay off him because I was older and he was a gentler kid than me. So as we were standing at the door my brother started to punch me on the shoulder and I was just laughing because he was banged up and I was not about to hit back. Then the light to the basement switched on by itself! The switch was down stairs. My brother stopped and we just went whoa... To each other. We knew it was our father so we ran downstairs and looked for cold spots, and my brother felt one right next to him, kind of holding him. My father was a very good man and I feel him and see him in my dreams and have an immense sense of comfort. I hope you see your father again, they need to know that you alright and that you love them.
purplepink78 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-26)
Your story is wonderfu...
I think your Dad is a very good man...Anyway,thanks for sharing!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
I enjoyed reading your story I do believe you and I think it's a lovely story. I have seen ghosts in houses so don't worry they don't last long only a few minutes. Its wonderful you saw him though he might come back again you never know.
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
I'm a little spooked by your story, apart from the cause of death, it is nearly identical to how my dad died! Down to the age, the room he died in, the suddeness of his death, I'd also say time of death but we're not sure the exact time my dad died, we think it was about 11am, and the fact that you mentioned how much respect you had for him... I could have written that story!
I've only had dreams of my Dad since he died (one of which I truly believe was my dad), but my Mum has experienced the odd little thing in the house.
I know similar things happen all the time all around the world, but it still gave me goose bumps when I read your story!
I just felt compelled to share that with you...I'm a little freaked out but it's nice to know that at least one other person in this world knows how I feel!
Lian
darkstorm (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-22)
thanks guys your comments it means a lot to me 😊 xxxxxxx. It was a wonderful thing to happen to me. From that experience I now have taken a keen intrest in paranormal.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
Dear darkstorm,

I agree with Darick wholeheartedly, I think it is wonderful that you got to spot your dad again. It is equally great that he is probably seeing you with his grandchildren. Thank you for sharing. Blessings, Abby
Darick (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-20)
I think its wonderful that you got to spot your dad again, Its equally great that he is probably seeing you with his grand-kids, thanks for sharing.

DArick

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: