You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Who's That Knocking At My Door Door Door

Real Ghost Stories

Who's That Knocking At My Door Door Door

 

I am a single mother of 3 children, ages 8, 7 and 2. My oldest and I have always had this ability to just emotionally connect with... Well really anything. And pick up on things that are a little unexplainable.

We recently (within the past 2 months) moved into an actual house, no more apartment living. We were pretty excited. Until about a week and a half of living there. I'll start from the beginning and go through the experiences that we have experienced.

I began to feel very sad, but the feeling only came over me when I was in my daughter's room doing my normal routine. I, for some reason, really began focusing on her closet and, as I stated before, I only began to feel this very shortly after we moved in, nothing before that.

The next day, my son was playing with his paper guitar. This comes along with a little drum pad that you can plug in, etc. To work they must have electricity. He was playing with the guitar and thought he'd switch over to the drums. Before he could, the drums turned on by themselves and began to play. (He mentioned later that it was pretty impressive, if it was a ghost it was on beat.) When he realized it was not plugged in, he ran out of the room to find me. Very scared, he reluctantly went to bed that night but would not stay in his room. He felt like someone was watching him. I agreed to let him crash on the floor with his sisters. He has been on their floor or the couch ever since.

A few days had gone by and nothing happened. Then one night my boyfriend and I were trying to sleep when we heard someone in the kitchen opening up cabinets and closing them. Of course we both thought one of my kids had gotten up and was in there eating a midnight snack or getting a glass of water; however, when he came back he said everybody was snoring... Nobody in there. Now I should probably mention we had a dog at the time, but he's not really normal. Best way to describe Dexter would be if he were human I'd imagine he would have Down Syndrome. No offense to anyone reading this, but he is very different. I mention the dog, because some might say well maybe it was a pet. However, he stays in the laundry room at night, so no way it was him.

That same night I woke up freezing, and asked my boyfriend to get up and turn the air down. When he returned, he asked, "Did you turn the air down to 65? (I always keep my house between 70 and 73, unless it's like 100 degrees outside.) I shook my head, and we quietly assumed it had to be one of the kids. We asked all 3 of them the next day. They all genuinely seemed to be stating the truth when they responded... No way, we know better.

Again a few days passed and nothing occurred. Then one night as we were falling asleep, again we heard footsteps down the main hallway... But nothing... Everyone else was passed out and Dexter was in his room. At this point I got really mad. I was just sick of it. I do not like it when I can't figure something out... And this was just the beginning.

That same night we were fast asleep, no disruptions... We slept peacefully, that is until we woke up. I got up like normal and headed towards the kitchen to make coffee... Front door standing wide open... I freaked. I ran around screaming the kids' names, making sure everyone was accounted for. At this point I totally forgot the ghost issue, assuming we have a little 2-year-old running around as we sleep (we both sleep like the dead) or a possible sleep walker.

About a week or so I guess it was, again we are both fast asleep. At this point, we have woken up 3 different times to either the front door or back door wide open. Since the first time this happened, we have made sure the two-year-old is asleep with us at night... Just to be safe. So like I said we are all asleep, when someone, or something tells me very loudly in my ear... To go get them. Like I said before, it's very hard to get me up by just talking, even yelling does not work. I sat up in bed and just knew that there was something outside my window. Don't ask how, because I don't know how I knew. I just did. I shook my boyfriend to get up and check the house. He looks around confused and starts to go into zombie apocalypse mode. We found nothing.

The next morning, I went out on the back patio to enjoy a cup of coffee and noticed the plants under my window had been trampled. Like somebody was standing there on top of them. Of course I freaked out, but then I realized the ghost was trying to warn us. I guess whomever it is knows that if I did catch somebody trying to harm my family or break into my house... I would mess them up... For real.

All of the following has happened within the last week since 5/30/2012

I had family come into town and they stayed with us. My brother and his girl were in my son's room and my mom offered to sleep on the couch. The first night, my brother and his girlfriend were fast asleep when the ghost began tugging at their blanket. Then the next day my other brother felt someone tap on his shoulder and say his name (female voice) but he was there alone.

Because I was freaked out by the doors being wide open, my brother installed extra bolt locks at the very top of door where the kids couldn't get to it, even if they were on a chair. These locks were installed 2 nights ago. Now every night in the middle of the night, we hear knocking at the door, like someone is there but nothing. This morning I woke up to the back door being unlocked but not the top "extra" bolt lock.

I don't really know what to do, but this is becoming really annoying. Oh yeah, it likes to kick the breaker to the microwave and change the time on my alarm clock.

Well, that's it for now. I guess I'll continue to post if, I mean when, other things occur. Thanks for reading my story.

Please let me know if anybody has any suggestions. I don't want to upset it or really contact it. I feel like that might make it more active, don't really know what to do. I've dealt with experiences my whole life. Nothing this smart before.

Oh, and about 2 weeks ago our dog Dexter mysteriously vanishes we have no clue what happened to him.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thebrain82, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-08)
Crestal,

In some cases the Haunting is residual... Just a replay of a moment in time, in this case you would 'hear' the recording of footsteps.

One Theory about Intelligent Haunting's the spirit has chosen to be noticed and therefore 'creates' the noises or 'effects' it wants us to hear.

Another Theory about Intelligent Haunting's is that the spirit 'doesn't realize' it's dead and is 'acting out' but doing the things it would in life... Using doors, 'walking on the floor' and turning the lights on or off. (Spirits that have not crossed the veil)

Another theory involves them knowing they are 'dead' and have chosen to 'move through (learned how to) things. They can still 'choose' to interact with physical objects. These are spirits that have crossed the veil and chosen to return.

Just a couple of 'ideas'.

Respectfully,

Rook
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-08)
This is a good story, but what I don't get is that In mostly every story on here has footstep noises. I don't see how ghosts can make that type of noise because thier foot would go through the floor... Wouldn't it?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
thebrain82,

The best place to start is by keeping a Journal... By doing this you can discover 'trends' in any experiences you are having... Things like time of day... Stress level in the house... Who 'see's' it more often... Just what it is doing when it is seen. All these bit of information will help you to figure out what is going on. In some cases you will find a natural explanation for something that has happened and for others it will be very obvious it's something paranormal.

Having said all that perhaps the best way to attempt communication without inviting 'more activity' would be to set up a voice recorder, turn it on... State something to the effect of, "This device can record you voice, I'm going to leave it on and if you have something to say I can listen to it when I return."

Another thing may be to set out a pencil and paper and say something similar... Alphabet magnets on the refrigerator can be used the same way...Again, these should not cause an increase in activity but may provide some of the answers you are looking for.

Please keep us up dated.

Respectfully,

Rook
destineelynne (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
I also live in KY. And if you would like to communicate with this spirit, I strongly urge you to please understand and know what you are doing. Your very right... Sometimes the wrong communication can just make things worse. It sounds like this spirit is connected to the house and doesn't plan on leaving, but at the same time, She/He is also protecting you and your family. When they try and warn of something again, I suggest you pay close attention... Although is seems that this is a quiet and peaceful spirit, make sure you have a back-up plan just in case it becomes aggressive. Hope this helps. God Bless...
thebrain82 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Thanks, everyone for the comments, I really appreciate the feed back. Like I said, I don't think it wants to harm us its becoming more active especially when the kids are on their "finest" behavior and I've simply got my drill Sargent mommy face on. I don't think it likes for me to be so strict on them. I will try the suggestions that have been made. And to answer the questions about Dexter our missing dog... No luck. We did get a new puppy her name is Marley (Bob Marley) She likes to sit and stare down the hallway and tilt her head to the side... But never whines or growls. My boyfriend is convenience we should communicate with it, and my dad is in agrees... I guess I am kind of curious but I seriously am worried... Anybody who has any info in that sort of dept. Please let me know the do's and the dont's thanks in advance! Till next time...
BunnyPanda (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Interesting story you got there:). We use to live in a house that have spirits wondering around our house too which I have the same issue as you too. Where my dog went missing which we never knew why. My opinion is the best thing to do is find another place. What people mostly do is do blessings 😁.
Moen (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
First thing is be courageous. Our first friend is courage. Be bold. Looking into your story I really do not feel that you will have to do so much. I think you are extra cautious. Do not imagine things or magnify. Most of the time people do that. If curtain shakes a bit or door creeks a bit, they think that it is caused by an entity. First come out of that. Look into the possible ways. All the best. I must say that you are extra sensitive and extra cautious.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
It's good that you've taken extra precautions to protect your family; getting bolt locks and whatnot. I feel for your dog. It's possible that he escaped the house one night, possibly from being scared? I can't say for certain, but I hope you find him soon. I would not doubt that you have some kind of paranormal activity going on. If you are keen on having it removed, I would follow Rooky's advice for a house cleansing or even possibly have the house blessed.
Yakolives (4 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
I feel terrible for you, but most of all I am really concern for the dog!.
If your house is really hunted don't get a dog. Ghost attack animals, and sometimes they can kill them. Get professional help, a ghost hunter or a paranormal team who can clean your house.
Best of luck to you!
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
I find it interesting that this being is unfamiliar with the new locks that were installed on the doors and does not (or can not) open them. I wonder why this is?

Very intriguing story I enjoyed reading it. 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
First, the breaker for the microwave 'tripping' may be because the appliance draws more current than the circuit is designed to provide.

Having said that, I'm concerned about the doors and the locks and the fact that a voice woke you up and you saw a figure at the your window... Something which proved to be solid because you found trampled plants the next morning in the location you saw this figure. If something is in your home, it may have started by just letting you know it was there, then moved into 'protective mode' as you said it seems it 'knew' what you would do had you caught an intruder in your home.

Another 'telling point'...the 'old locks' being undone, but the new ones remaining locked. Perhaps it's time to set up a web cam or two or some sort of security camera's as it seems that whoever is outside your home seems very physical. That along with changing out all the old door hardware/locks for new could go a long way into keeping unwanted visitors out of your home. It kind of sounds as if someone with an old set of keys to your home may be 'messing' with you. Dexter's disappearance just adds to that idea.

Ngute referred to me when he mentioned a poster who has a cleansing method, it's yours for the asking, but it does not appear you need it at this time... However the Shielding technique that is a part of my 'recipe' may help so here it is...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

I wish you and your well. Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
It is only natural for you to be scared and look from the paranormal angle.

However, when I read something like this, I want to make sure every physical and logical possibility has been eliminated.

1. Have you found out more about the history of the house? Was there a family staying there? Is there anyone who would want the property to himself/ herself? Have you really (And I mean REALLY) studied your house? Is there a draft/ vent hidden away somewhere?
2. Your dog vanishing just makes me think someone is interested in getting you out of the house by scaring you into it. Someone human I mean.

I have not really put in my other thoughts, as I would not want to push my opinion down too hard. But if I were you, I would get another dog, yes... And a shotgun.
ryan1993 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
omg that was really intresting I think some one is trying to enter your house and the ghost is trying to warn you... But also could be trying to let them gain access my opening the door, I would install a camera faceing the door and also out side just to be safe and as for your dog disappearing the ghost could of really scared in to the extent of making it run away and the ghost could of done this because the dog is some kind of security for you and your family. I would get another dog and keep it with you in your room.
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
I enjoyed your story. It seems like whatever is in your house is looking after your family. Unless it us really bothering you or becomes aggressive I would learn to live with it. With that being said there are ways to cleanse your house. There is a poster on here who can help you with that, he has helped many others. Keep us updated and God bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: