You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Someone Must Have Needed The Bathroom

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Must Have Needed The Bathroom

 

Hey there, I would just like to say I don't particularly believe in "ghosts" but beings we don't know about? Entirely plausible. This occurred almost 6 years ago in my grandparents home in a small town in Alberta, Canada at around 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

My experience happened a little while after I turned 18. I was going through my "what if God isn't real" phase and didn't enjoy spending time with my grandparents much, mostly because they ALWAYS have the Christian channel on in both their bedroom and the tv room. That afternoon had been really boring at the dollar store I was working at, so my boss gave me the rest of the day off. When I got home everyone was next door* with my great grandma, who had been in and out of the hospital for about 3 months. I quickly said hello to everyone, then proceeded to my room.

I had been in my room for about an hour, killing time by practising some simple art renditions*, when out of no where, I hear heavy thumps going down the stairs next to my room and the bathroom door* slamming very hard out of no where. This being said, I ALWAYS kept the bathroom door closed because my grandmothers cat Cuddles liked to go in there and shred my tp. My grandpa was always running to the bathroom as such* so I didn't really think about it until I realized no one had opened the door again to leave the bathroom.

I mustered up what bravery I had and went to check it out. I looked at the bathroom and the door was still closed, I still hadn't heard anything coming from the room so I called next door real quick. When grandma picked up I asked if anyone had come over to use the toilet and she said no, everyone had been in with great grandma for the past hour trying to get her to eat. That right there freaked me out, mostly because I always had the doors to the house locked and bolted. After that I went upstairs to the tv room and watched Benny Hinn. No other experiences happened to me in this side of the house.

*My grandparents own a duplex with them on one side and my great grandparents on the other side. This duplex was built by them and no one else has ever owned or lived in it besides my mother renting it when she was young and I myself, renting it for a year after high school. The land it was built on used to be a large empty field where nothing of any relevance has occurred.

*I am a graphic designer, and yes I have a vivid imagination but I mostly stick to the retro/princessy themed creations... Scary is definitely not me!

*The bathroom is about 5 steps away from my bedroom door, the basement is small with 3 rooms opposite my bedroom, the bathroom being the furthest, and a small kitchen/living room next to my bedroom. All the basement doors are really noisy by the way, since my dad had installed them a few years before (he is blind and diabetic since birth so when he fixes stuff it works, but not perfectly)

*My grandpa has a problem with his esophagus called gastroesophageal reflux disease. This causes him to throw up most of his food due to the lack of movement in his esophagus which is meant to push food down. This means a lot of trips to the bathroom especially after meal time (when everyone has to go).

I would like to find out what this was, especially since the house is blessed top to bottom every spring (this happened in summer, so not long after the blessing had occurred) If anyone has an idea I would love to hear it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, leogal101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

leogal101 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
I plan on sharing my other experiences soon, but have been working on my new comic so much I have basically fried my brain stems. I also find it odd that this happened since no one has really used the downstairs bathroom or kitchen since they were installed by my dad, quite a while after the house was originally built. (they only used it for like a month before they found out my brother was coming and found a full house to rent)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
leogal101,

I see your point, but as time went by everyone was not making such a 'big deal' out of trying to get Great Grandma to eat. I'm sure the 'energy level' was higher with her just home from 3-4 months in and out of the Hospital than it was say a month later when feeding her had become a bit more routine.

It's just a theory, it may not be what you experienced that day. Please share your other experiences with us, maybe once all of them have been 'told' we can help you figure out what you experienced that day.

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
leogal,
Here is an example of a living residual:
Residual Haunting:
The general opinion that an event, person, or animal has been 'recorded' and
Saved into the environment in which it took place. This would have been either a
Traumatic event or a repetitive action that took place in that particular area.
At some point this recorded event will then go into a 'playback' mode, similar
To a video clip. This is known as a 'residual' type haunting. It does not
Interact with anyone. You cannot get it to converse with you. It simply repeats
The same actions or events each time. It doesn't think, it doesn't change. It's
Just there and gone. That is your typical residual event.
Living Residual:
Take the same residual event and send it into the 'playback' mode a little
Earlier than expected. What is there to keep this event from going into the
'playback' mode at any point in the future. How would the environment 'know'
That it was time to start that playback? What changes need to occur to then send
The signal that a person has passed on, thereby spurring the residual image into
Motion? Could it merely be the absence of a persons energy that the environment
Has become accustomed to that triggers the playback we refer to as a residual
Image/haunting?
Say the event recorded was a repetitive action done by one person. And this
Person was entering the kitchen at the same time each day and brewing a pot of
Coffee. That person's energy is in that space and time frame, performing the
Same motions day after day. Now, let's say this person goes out of town for a
Few days, while other residents of the house stay home. Someone else has the
Coffee brewing task. This person enters the same area, not at the same time as
The one who normally performs this task, maybe 10 minutes later. As this person
Reaches the kitchen area they are stunned to see the person who went out of
Town, walking out of the area with a steaming cup of coffee in their hand.
Thinking perhaps that person returned early and has already brewed the coffee,
They go over to pour a cup for themselves, only to realize there is no fresh
Brew waiting for them. The pot hasn't been touched. The sink is dry. And the cup
They saw in the person's hand a moment ago still sits in it's usual spot.
These sightings are often attributed to the Doppelganger theory. I say it is
More likely to have been a "Living Residual". The name speaks for itself. The
Theory rests on the overall timing of the 'playback' mode. It would have been
Spurred into action simply because the energy normally filling that certain time
And space was no longer there and the 'playback' was filling in the blanks.
leogal101 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Well in that case I figure it would have happened at least a dozen times, since we had my grandma home for over a year and had these feeding sessions with everyone running around constantly. It was a pretty standard thing by this time. Oh, this was the only one on THAT side of the house... Some of the others literally made me wet myself and cry.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
We 'kick' around a theory around here that we call a 'living residual'. This theory supposes that a 'residual haunting' can be created by the still living. Any highly repetitive action that occurs with a high level of emotion can become imprinted on the environment and repeat when 'conditions are right'.

What are these conditions? Good question, but the fact that people were focused on having your great grandma eat something may have 'charged' the atmosphere of the home enough that this particular event 're-played'.

It's an idea anyway.

Respectfully,

Rook
Blackstone (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Hah, Oh that Cuddles. What a rascal. Oh, and the ghost is cool too I guess.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: