You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Red Sand Hills

Real Ghost Stories

The Red Sand Hills

 

I just want to say some of my family is full aboriginal, we own a 3-million dollar station called Billadowns. I have heard stories about the legend feather foot many times and do believe in him. He is an aboriginal spirit who looks over people and if they do something very horrific he will chase you and spear you in the back with his spear. You can't see the spear but you can feel the terrible pain. You need a full aboriginal to get it out.

It happened when I was about 10 years old, we were sitting outside cooking a barbeque when I looked down past the horse stables and out across the plane and I noticed the wild brumbies (they are protected on our property) running at full gallop away from the red sand hills about a 2km's away from the farm house. I wanted to see what they were running from, I got about 500m to where the horse corral and stables where and froze still.

Standing on top of the sand hills was feather foot looking down on us. Just so you know, horses sense spirits and won't go near them usually. Thats what they were running from. I ran back to the house screaming. My aunt explained he can't come into the house because the crystals hanging from the front door. The light from the crystals being too bright for them to pass. I felt a little bit better then uncle son drove me in the work ute over to the sand hills but instead of driving over them, we drove around them.

Behind it, uncle son explained that this was an aboriginal burial ground and that was what he was watching over and protecting. Still to this day I only go out of the farm house if I'm riding my horse or have crystals hanging around my neck or in the ute's. At least I'll know when my horse bolts its because of him!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, screamoemo95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

screamoemo95 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
My family is full black but I'm not. I'm white, black and german. He is just a black spirit with a spear tied to his back and has feathers growing out of his feet. He only spears people who have done very bad. You feel the pain of the spear but cannot see it. You need a full spirit to do a chant and what not to remove it.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
very interesting. What does he look like? Does he only punish people who do bad things? Or does he also mess around with good people? And if you are full blooded why wouldn't he want you to explore the burial sight? Surely you would be allowed to?
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
Is this the same Billa Downs Station that is the subject of a case called Cant v. Kirby, [2011] NSWSC 1193. If so, what is happening to the land now? It seems the court did not agree the land should continue to be held in trust for the benefit of the aboriginal community. I'm glad you posted this story and second Javelina's comment. We'd like to learn more about Australian aboriginal culture.
Oerath (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
I always love to hear more of non-european tradional lore, and especially Aboriginal lore as I know so little of it. Thank you for sharing!

I heard a story from an aquantaince once, of being out in the bush with an Aboriginal friend, and some sort of creature that lures people into danger by mimicing the voices of friends or family. Apparently his Aboriginal friend kept him from following it, and he learned to ignore the calls while they were out there. He couldn't remember what his friend called them, and I've never been able to find anything on them. If you know about them I would be very appreciative of more info.

Thank you again for a peak into your world!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Interesting story. Please bring us more of these, as we know so little of your culture and would love to hear about anything you wish to share with us. I too, would like to know what it looked like.

Jav
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
I never heard of a 'feather foot'. I'm curious though, what did this creature look like when you saw it?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: