You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: The Impossible Dream

Real Ghost Stories

The Impossible Dream

 

It's been a while since I last posted in here but I thought I'd share my strangest experience which happened to me in our previous house (where in my first story, my jewelry went missing).

One night I had a very vivid dream. The dream was of a young girl in period dress running through a field, waist high in grass. She was laughing and looking back at a boy who was clearly chasing her. He was also in period dress. There was no menace in the chase- it was obviously just fun.

The girl stumbled and dissapeared beneath the grass line. The boy ran up to her but found that she had hit her head on a large rock and was unconscious. The boy looked panicked and instead of running for help he began to drag the girl towards a wooded area nearby.

The next day at work I told all my workmates of the dream, although they were'nt very interested in it. This happened in June or July- early summer of 2005.

In November if the same year, the TV show Ghost Towns was being filmed in my town. I was running an awards presentation that night at the community centre just a few hundred yards from my house. At the end of the night I was discussing the Ghost Towns visit with the caretaker of the hall and she asked me if I knew about the ghost story associated with the land that the centre had been built on. I confessed that I didn't, at which point she began to tell me the content of my dream.

I turned pale and dropped the bag I was holding. My mother was with me at the time and she was most concerned I was about to faint. Apparently the boy and girl (in the early 1900s) were in love and forbidden from seeing one another in an almost Romeo and Juliet style situation. They were messing about in the field that the Community Centre is built on when she hit her head killing her outright. The boy panicked that he would be blamed for killing her and thus hid her body. Her ghost is said to still walk the area.

Each time I tell someone this story I still break out in goosebumps as I just can't believe it...

Other hauntings by Froobz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Froobz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Froobz: Loved this account of yours, it is strange why we are shown these memories of peoples past lives, maybe the girl had come to you that night hoping for you to find a bit of closure for her? It seems that you may have some sort of gift to have seen this, have you looked in to the case at all or had any other experiences?😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Sam-the-ghost (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Wow, that is amazing that this happened to you! I have had dreams simalar, but they did not include the paranormal.
GhostlyKitty (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Wow, that's spooky and really sad:C Have you had any other dreams like this?
Blackstone (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Yeah, I didn't read the story right the first time through and I thought the boy was wearing a dress. My bad.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
That is so sad, in many ways. I wonder what happened to the boy... Thank you for sharing this story though.
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Ooooh I broke out in goosebumps just hearing it! Nice! I have on several occasions seen something in my dream that later in real life either I saw, it happened, or someone told me. I can totally relate, and I love that this kind of thing happens to others!
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
that is soooo cool! I would be amazed to have something like that happen to me. Mainly I see things that's might happen in the future. Like in a dream I may see a certain building, and up to 3 years later I see that building (which I had never seen before) stuff like that. But to be able to see into the past... Gosh that would so cool!
Loved your story, and hope to hear more from you!
GIRLIE ❤ 😁
Shadow-Girl (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
That must have been a chilling experience. I'm not sure what else to say. 😲
Hunter_11 (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Oh! Poor girl very sad story but why did she told her story to you? 😢

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: