You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Sights of a Man in my House

Real Ghost Stories

Sights of a Man in my House

 

I have lived in my parents' house my entire life. Ever since I was young, I would get an uneasy feeling about the house. It seemed like everyday someone was missing something or the lights would turn on by themselves. I eventually got used to it and learned to accept the weird things about my home.

Recently, about 2 years ago, things got stranger. I would wake up in a hot sweat and feel as though someone was pushing down on me. Then, about the same time, my parents just started arguing everyday as though they hated each other. They had never been like this before the events started happening and I thought it might be whatever I had experience. I had begun going to church a while back and since the night I woke up with the pressure on my chest, I had begun to see things out of the corner of my eye. It was look like a man standing or walking, but when I turned, my eyes only saw air.

Then, about 4 months ago, the sighting began happening more and more. The nighttime events continued too. Now, they just happen almost 2 times a week. I thought maybe it was me until a few weeks ago. A friend of mine brought me home from church one evening and as I was about to get out, he told me "Wait!" I turned and saw a very odd look in his eye. He had been an EMT and is now a firefighter, so I trust his word. He said "Did you see that?" Having been looking for the lock on his door, I said "No, why, what did you see?" Now he begins to act strange and says "It looked like a man was standing next to your door!" I jokingly said "Oh, so you see him too? I see him all the time." Then he put his hand across my chest and said "he didn't look so friendly." I just tried to get out of the car and inside the house so I said goodbye and thanks for the ride and got out.

As I was approaching the door, I was fishing in my pocket for my keys when he screamed out "HEY!" and flashed is high beams. Just then, I saw the shadow of a man running away from me towards the next house. I jumped but noticed that the shadow was solid and there was no man to cast the shadow. He told me to stay safe and I ran inside. This has been getting worse since and was hoping someone could give me advice.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, earth409, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-25)
I don't want to start a religious debate in someone else's post, but surely Christians are the only people safe from demons? You give your life to God and live a good christian life, and he in turn protects you (when you prey to him for guidance, against temptation etc) and accepts you to heaven when you die? So if good always wins over evil (which I'm pretty sure it does, apparantly!), demons would have no chance in hurting or damaging a christian, because God would always win over evil? I personally am an atheist, so I'm afraid all this stuff with demons and christians really doesn't wash with me.
I just think that all too often people on this site instantly shout 'demon' when someones experience wasn't filled with rays of sunshine. It must scare the poor people to death!(excuse the pun!)
Sorry to taint your post earth409, I sincerely hope everything works out well for you, no matter what your beliefs, everyone deserves to be happy.
P.S. The demons obviously didn't do a very good job stopping christians going to church or having a relationship with God...it's the biggest religion in the world!
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
lian01,
things are not always ghosts... Demons are a big problem for christians... They try to stop us from telling others about our beliefs and they even try to stop us from going to church and having a relationship with God.

Earth409, you seem like you are trying to be an active christian...don't let demons or anything even your parents stop you from going to church or having a relationship with God. Don't be rude to them, just tell them that you need to do what you are doing. Right now they may be trying to stop you because of this prescence... Keep on what you are doing and don't stop... You will be blessed later on. Don't let anyone stop you from being with God.

May many blessing come to you and your family! May God protect you and help you in your struggles! Peace and blessings!

Ceary
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
demons demons demons... You people are obsessed!
May I be so rude to ask how old you are (earth409)? I only ask because hitting puberty can cause all kinds of strange occurances, your hormones and mental state of mind become unbalanced, and there is a theory of teenagers being very vunerable to this kind of thing. I'm not suggesting that you're mental or making these things up! Far from it. I just think that things may have got worse if you're going through some emotional turmoil. I think this may also account for your parents arguing, negative energies are picked up by everyone, whether they know it or not. Meditation is always good for relaxing and helping to open your mind to things around you.
Your story is very interesting, and if you have a faith, try and surround yourself with positive, happy energies.
Good Luck
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
I agree with ceary, it is a demon. Tell your parents about church. Take them there. They will love it and finally know they can pray to someone who was there all a long. This demon will harm you very soon. My friend got sliced by one only 2 days ago. Poor girl she has a 3 inch one. That will happen to you only you may be killed or posessed. Hurry get your parents to church and get that house blessed! Time is running out before who knows what?!
Blessings to everyone,
Mikomi
earth409 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
Thanks,

I had spoken to my pastor about this before and he has taught me a few thing on how to protect myself, but it is going to be hard to have my house blessed since my parents are basically against anything I do with the church and often try to keep me from attending.
CearysAwesome and Bellissima, I also believe that the fighting is somehow related to the pressence. They started fighting after I had a few experiences and it hasn't been getting any better.
And after posting the story, I've had more experiences, even in the shower.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
Hi Frankie, I agree with Ceary. I think this dark presence has something to do with your parents' arguments. Have they said they think anything is unusual? Maybe you should consider moving and try a cleansing ritual at your new place.
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
Not to scare you or anything, but it sounds like a demonic prescence in your house. I would talk to a priest and get this demon out of your house. Demons often try to mess up people who are christian or catholic. The fighting between your parents sounds like the interference of demons.

Have it checked out.

Ceary
Draculina (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
I believe that the ghost does not really want you there. If things keep on getting worse I think you should try to move
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-20)
Dear Frankie,

I think you should develop a strong faith in God too. I agree with Brian and cupcake10232.
I am certain Shane can give you good advice too, as well as others here. Best Wishes and Blessings to you, Abby
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-20)
Tell the preist at your church about your sittings. You should learn white magic and ask God to send down a agaurdin angel to everyone in you area.
Blessings to everyone,
Mikomi
Brian07891 (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-20)
Thats sounds really scarry... I'm sure youll get good advice from Shane and Abby... But I think you should develop a strong faith in God he can protect you from whatever it is.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: