You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Campus

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Campus

 

I attend the College of Texas A&M in Commerce. There are 3 buildings on campus that I believe are haunted. The first one we have had a ghost hunting team there the year before I attended the school. The 3rd floor of the Hall of Languages is said to be haunted. The team who went there said they saw disembodied legs, chairs had been moved and they also heard voices. The voices might not be very good evidence because the building is very echoy.

Another building that I think is haunted is the Math building that is right across the hall from the Hall of Languages. That building used to be an Asylum. A friend of mine actually had family who were residents there and died on sight, according to her. I have had no experience in there but I do feel kind of weird when I have to be there.

The last building that I think is haunted was my dorm building from last year. The Whitley dorm is a 12 story building on the edge of campus. I have actually had an experience in the building as well as some of my friends. The 5th floor I think has the most activity. A friend of mine claims she heard a couple of people having a conversation in her room. She could hear the voices but she couldn't make out the words. Another girl on the floor claims that while she was having a video chat with her boyfriend she got the feeling that she was being watched. After a while she heard a bang like someone had hit her window. It was late at night and she was alone in her room and she was 5 stories up.

Another story I have heard that a girl who was staying at the dorm with some kind of summer camp jumped from one of the windows and died. Now all of the windows in the building are bolted shut. If this is true I don't know but it makes sense to me. Over all the building is really old like 50's 60's old.

My experience wasn't all that exciting but it did freak me out. I lived on the 2nd floor, and my room was right above the door, but after my experience I looked out my window and there was no one there. It was about 2 in the morning, my roommate wasn't there and I was totally alone. I had just laid down to go to sleep when I hear a male voice say my name a couple of times. It was very clear and it sounded right near my head. I know it wasn't either one of my neighbors because they are both girls and even if they had their boyfriends in there room with them there is an extra room between their bedrooms and my bed room. And I don't have people living across from my room.

Well that is my story. If you believe me fine, if you don't fine. I know what I heard and I know what I know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MarieDRose, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-10)
Sense this experience is so old...

Segmented drawers in the frezzer allow for the seperation of different items...beef, chicken, pork... Ect and if the Cafeteria prepared 'Kosher' foods then everything would need to be kept seperated.

Just a couple of thoughts...

This isn't so far from where I live... I wonder... Day Trip?

Respectfully,

Rook
ghouledks (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-10)
Never mind. Looks like Mayo Hall was demolished in 2008. I did learn by researching that the freezers were for a cafeteria located in the building. They were still strange freezers though... Even for a cafeteria I wonder why they would need segmented drawers. Oh well.
ghouledks (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-10)
I went back to visit the campus on Google maps... Can anyone tell me if the old East Texas State Teachers College Boy's Dormitory is still standing? If anything on the TAMUC campus is haunted, that place was. It sat empty during the early 90s and we used to poke around there with some friends from campus security, using it for photo shoots. We almost always ended up scared senseless because something weird would happen. It didn't help that the "dorm" had honest-to-goodness morgue freezers installed on the sub-floor. We never learned why they were there, but we assumed they used the building for science classes at some point.
ghouledks (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-10)
The entire town of Commerce is creepy as all get out. I used to go to school there back when it was ETSU. My friends that lived in Whitley always complained about ghostly happenings, but I never believed them because it was one of the newer buildings on campus. Lol.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
I love it. Only in North America (and particularly in the west) would people consider a building from the 50's or 60's "really old." However, as someone else pointed out, dormitories are notorious hot-spots and I think it has to do with housing so many young people all bristling with the freedom of being away from home, master of their own time, with the anxieties of school work and social lives added on top. That's a lot of energy for one little building to contain, and it's not surprising it results in weirdness for the residents. The audio-visual stuff sounds residual, although you hearing your name and furniture being moved does not. If you are interested, you could try doing some research into the various buildings and into what was on the land before the College. That could help you decide whether there is an intelligent presence and, if so, who it might be.
shyenne (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
since this building is built around 50's or 60's then without a doubt it could house a lot of unrested ghosts or spirits. Some of these spirits might be one of the patients in the said Asylum or it could be one of the students who committed suicide because of a failing remark or grade.
Well,just ignore these spirits or you'll end up in an Asylum if you can't handle them. Just close your eyes and don't open them when you hear someone calls your name (during wee hours/at dawn/midnight) because it might harm you.
Always remember, when in doubt do nothing. 😉
God Bless

❤shyenne❤
beingtrish (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Thanks for sharing! Nice story. I believe it's haunted since the building was very old and once an asylum.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Don't let me scare you off Marie, I'm not really this bad, honest. What I said in my original comment still stands. As far as campus hauntings are concerned. The building is old enough to house a few ghosts by now.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
That's alright, I got it the last time you said it. I was just getting back at you for "I highly doubt" remark. It sounded a bit too tight. Sorry, my bad.

Jav
MarieDRose (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
I understood that but what I'm saying is that the dorm was build after that building was bought by the school.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Well Marie,
If you read my comment again, you'll see what I actually said. I did not say that people from the asylum may have lived there, I wondered if perhaps maybe some of the workers had.

Jav
MarieDRose (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Jav.

I highly doubt that people from the asylum lived in my old dorm. From my understanding the school was once in another town and once the school moved to its current location they bought the surrounding buildings and after that the door was built.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
MarieDRose,
Campus dorms are notoriously haunted. And being so near to one that was once an asylum? I would wonder that since the dorm is as old as you say, that perhaps it housed people who worked for, or at the asylum maybe? But either way, I'd say your story sounds credible to me. I would want to check out that math bldg more myself.

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: