You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Invisible Thing

Real Ghost Stories

The Invisible Thing

 

I always wanted to believe in the paranormal, but I was a skeptic like most people. I had to "see it to believe it". I was only about 15-16 years old, and was dating someone who claimed his house was haunted. First of all, this guy was one of those people who stretched the truth, and made up stories all the time. So I really didn't pay any attention to his allegations. I tried to come up with excuses for everything he claimed, thinking that he and his friends were messing with me, (because things only happened when his parents were gone). Several little things did happen here and there, but I still didn't believe until one night.

His bedroom was near the kitchen where the furnace was located, but yet his room was freezing at all times. No matter how hot the rest of the house was, you could feel a total temperature change as soon as you walked through the door way. I simply blew it off stating that it was an old house. One night while watching tv, he set down his drink and came over to give me a hug, (he was facing his drink on the table, I was not). He then says "don't move!" We sat there a moment, when he finally let go of me, he told me to look at his drink. It had been moved over to a different spot. I tried to come up with a reason. I swore that he moved it while I wasn't looking, trying to make sense of it.

Then, there was the slamming of the other bedroom doors. He would say "see, I told you!" But I would immediately run through the house checking the windows claiming it was the wind coming through - BUT ALL THE WINDOWS WERE CLOSED! I didn't know what to say. What finally made me a believer was the night I heard "IT" walk by me! We were home alone again, I was sitting in a recliner near the bedroom door facing the kitchen. We then heard someone open the front door and walk in. There was a pause and we both looked at each other wondering who it was and what they were doing because no one said anything. Before we could ask "who's there?" or even check, the "invisible" began to walk slowly across the kitchen floor - RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! It was the most eerie thing I had ever heard. It would take a step, and drag, take a step, and drag, as if "it" were dragging something very heavy. Total terror and disbelief took over my body. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, I couldn't turn away. Not like someone was holding me, but I was so terrified like I was paralyzed with fear. I just set there shaking with my mouth open and tears running down my face. I could hear something walking right in front of me, but yet there was nothing there!

Once it walked across the kitchen it just stopped, like nothing ever happened. Then I started screaming, and went into an asthma/anxiety attack. Once I recovered, I demanded to be taken home and I never returned!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, betty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
Dear betty,

I do so totally agree with Enchantee, oh Enchantee makes me swoon so... I am such a fan of yours too. I so agree, please all do have a good night and many blessed years ahead. Sweet dreams and a good week-end, and a live long and prosper. Sweetest of swoon blessings, --Abby
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-20)
Dear betty,

How wonderful you are to have shared your story with us. Thank you for doing so. I loved it. I know just how you feel, as I would never return either. Blessings, --Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: