You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost In The Attic

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In The Attic

 

Thank you for taking the time to read my story. Let me start by saying that I have always had experiences with spirits. However this really scared me and I am not sure what to think of it.

I have been living in this duplex for 6 months. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened in this new place at all. Until two months ago while waiting for my husband to come home. I had all the kids laying downstairs in their bedrooms. I was upstairs in the attic watching tv by myself.

Just to describe the setting this place has the attic set up with a pool table and it is a pretty large space. On one of the corners I have a TV set up with chairs to be more of a relaxing setting. As I was watching TV I heard someone running around the pool table. I thought for a moment one of the kids sneaked upstairs. I stood up looked around not really thinking anything else other then it being one of the kids. To my surprise I didn't see anyone at all.

I sat back down and thought to myself how weird I know what I heard. Either way I brushed it off trying not to scare myself. I did not mention this to anyone until one day my husband came to pick me up from work. He began telling me that my son who does not believe in ghosts had an experience happen to him.

He saw a woman with a white nightgown like something from the old days walking through my kitchen. At that point I told my husband what happened to me updstairs in the attic. He asked me if I told the kids about it? My response was no why? He said well how weird is that, you and John (my son) had the same experience up in the attic.

Here is the part that really has me a little scared. Last week once again we all were upstairs in the attic watching TV. My oldest daughter fell asleep on this section of the attic where we have a single bed. My son was on the computer and had fallen asleep in front of the TV. I was dead in my sleep when all of a sudden I wake up to my oldest daughter not looking like herself full body on top of mine screaming help me! My reaction was immediatly kick her off me.

After I did that she just laid down as if she didn't realize what just happened. I asked her three times why did she do that? Her response kept being did what? My son who witnessed it was in total shock he is only 9 years old. I asked him if he was okay he said I am scared. I grabbed him and hugged him felt his heart going so fast.

The next morning she still didn't remember anything. My 9 year old son said she ran a lot times around the pool table screaming before she jumped on top of me. I asked him why he didn't wake me up right away he said I was so scared.

My question is was she possessed or was it a nightmare. But what I am not understanding is she ran around the pool table like the ghost does when we hear the running around the pool table all the time. I am so confused as to what happened was it a nightmare or was it the ghost possessing her body?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, torabla, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
I agree with BlueTurtle, I also side with Jav, on why you didn't wake up when she was screaming and running around the pool table.

Thank you for sharing
HeavenlyGlory (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
wow that it very freaky. When you said that your daughter did not remember anything, it could mean that she was possessed. My guess it may be the old lady and that something must have happened to her for her to scream help. Perhaps she is reaching out to you. They say that if a person dies a tragic fate or kill themselves, then their spirit stays unable to move on. Something must be holding her there.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Wow, ok first I have to agree with you and your son. Seeing your daughter do something like that and her not remembering it at all is pretty scary. I don't think she was possessed though. Has your daughter ever had night terrors, experienced sleep walking, or anything like that? Most of the time the person doesn't remember anything after waking up. Also, if you haven't already looked up the history of the house and or property you might want to try that. There might have been an event that occurred that is similar to what you heard and experienced. Please let us know if you find out anything more. Thanks and take care.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Honestly? The first time through this reading, I read it twice by the way, my impression of what you heard as footsteps going around the pool table, put me to thinking it may have been a cat, squirrel, or some other small animal that had gotten in. I was still thinking the same thing when you said your son reported that your daughter had run around the pool table screaming before pouncing atop you and crying for help. I guess I can sort of understand you asking him why he didn't wake you while she was in the running and screaming stage. However, if she were screaming and running around in the same room as yourself, why didn't you wake up then?

Jav 😕
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
I'm not an expert... All I can say is that it's possible that she was possessed. But you say she was asleep at first. Perhaps if she's sensitive to the presence of the spirit, the spirit took advantage of that to 'encourage' her to follow the same steps she's taken before. Perhaps this is a plea for the ghost to move on. I would try smudging the house or inviting a priest to bless the house and encourage the spirit to move on. If it's scaring you and your children, it is definitely not a good idea to put this off. I heard of one account where a young woman was walking to babysit a friend's house and (the theory goes) she was possessed temporarily by the spirit of the sister of the woman she was going to babysit for. The sister had just died in a car accident and wanted to see her sister one last time, so she used the woman. There seemed to be no malevolence about it... But it's unnerving regardless.

Please let us know what you decide to do. If this woman needs help moving on, I would investigate cleansing methods and blessings.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: