You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Girl Who Admired The Dress

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl Who Admired The Dress

 

I remember it like it was yesterday. It was the day before my auntie's wedding and we were staying in my grandmother's old mansion. My cousin, who can be quite immature and silly at times said "this place is haunted!" I didn't believe her of course. Our family are strong believers of the paranormal activity in the world and I have no doubt in my mind that what I saw was a ghost.

It had been a very busy day so everyone decided to settle down and go to bed except for my grandmother who was staying up just finish off putting all the flowers together. My cousin and I were lucky enough to sleep in the biggest room of the house where we kept all the dresses. There was a French window where the bride's dress was hung up in its cover, all neat and tidy for the big day.

Anyway, I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a girl who looked like she was in her late teens. Her skin was incredibly pale, almost blue! She was wearing a short white dress and had long dark hair. My aunty had invited everyone in the village to the wedding so I assumed that it was someone trying to sneak a look at the dress beforehand. So I sat up and said "Oi! Why are you here? Did Nana let you in? You're not meant to see the dress before the wedding!" I asked her to leave but she didn't move. I suddenly felt quite nervous and didn't want to get up and usher her out of the room. So I sat there and watched her admire and stroke the bride's dress.

I fell asleep at some point and in the morning I told my cousin what had happened. The mansion was so old that they had photos and paintings of all the families that had lived there. So we went searching round the house to see if we could find anything. Eventually I found a photo of the girl in one of the lounges. It was dated in the 1800s. We were both very shocked and told our family immediately. As I said before, we all believe in ghosts, spirits, demons. So this was taken very seriously. I haven't been in that mansion since.

Other hauntings by CammiAlice

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CammiAlice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-03)
so did you fall asleep while watching her stroking the dress (which I would find odd)... Or did she disappear?
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
oh that is almost a sad story. As a young woman especially in the older generations they wanted to marry. That is what young women set their heart on. Maybe she was having a fantasy or maybe she was feeling sad because she would never wear a dress like that... She would never get married.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
I know that had to send chills up your spine, once you saw her in the picture. I wish to find out more about her as well.

Thank you for sharing
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
The more I hear things like this the more it becomes strange to me that we treat death the way we do. We talk about it like they don't exist at all anymore. Like a piece of paper that burned away. And yet this happens all the time... They just switched to another state of being. And there they are still doing human things and admiring a dress.
MidnightMoonie (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Like cosmogal926 I this this sounds really bittersweet and would like to know more about her. It sounds like something from a book
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
This story to me feels kind of bitter sweet. It seems to me that the spirit of this girl was very much aware of what was going on and snuck in to admire the gown. Either she was remembering the day she got married, or sadly never got the chance to wear a beautiful wedding gown. Now I'm really interested to know who she was, and what happened to her. 😊If you find out anything, please let us know.
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Hello
Maybe she was just admiring the dress, did you ever ask what happened to her? Does anybody know? Did she die at that age maybe?
I believe that sometimes they have always been there, unnoticed and something happens that they are extremely curious about which then leads them to make themselves known, possibly by accident?

Spider

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: