You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Very Weird Sleep Paralysis And Dreams

Real Ghost Stories

Very Weird Sleep Paralysis And Dreams

 

I am Thomas and I live in Doncaster UK. I am 13 years of age and have been having several nights where I have been in heavy sleep paralysis. I mean HEAVY, when I try to move it feels like someone has put weights on all my limbs and it hurts. Sometimes after escaping sleep paralysis I have bruises and my skin is red in some areas.

I have never seen any entities or shadows when I am in sleep paralysis but when I close my eyes, I continue with the dream I had before I woke up, but the dream becomes extremely lucid. During these moments of high lucidity I can change gravity, slow/speed time rate, create objects in the dream and create places.

Also I have had many strange dreams. At least 9/10 of my dreams are lucid, like the Narnia effect. I spend days and days in the dream but I am only dreaming for about 2 hours. Sometimes in my dreams I hear mumbles and high pitched whispers. Most of the time I can't make out what they are saying, but I can hear my name sometimes. When these voices occur my dream gets darker. Say I'm in a well-lit building, it gets darker!?

My mum told me that my great-grandma used to astral project when she was sitting in here rocking chair when she was old. Also my mum has had white entity shaped like people that she saw when she woke up in the middle of the night. All her occurrences have happened when my great-grandma has been in the house. Mine just happen randomly.

Am I possessed or is there some sort of entities trying to contact or hurt me? I try to tell me friends but they are ignorant about the subject and think I'm crazy.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dastick, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
some things that help for sp is try sleeping on your stomach or side. If it is more than sp then say prayers before going to bed for protection like psalm 91 and 79 and leave bowls of white vinegar mixed with sea salt in your room to evaporate. Refill as needed. If it is truly sp, then you need to see a doctor or sleep specialist.
dastick (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
Thanks for the feedback everybody! I will do some research on the matter.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
you kind of have the same thing I do. My husband gave me the name dreamer for a reason. I would say 4/10 dreams that I have are premonition dreams. The other... Are lucid nightmares. I contribute some of this to astrally traveling while sleeping. A lot of people do this without knowing it and what you think when you wake up is that you had a lucid dream you were actually traveling in your energetic form.

When these dreams occur I will get SP. My body remains in deep sleep but my mind wakes up trying to make my body move.

Most times SP is caused by a medical condition. There is a certain prescription that I take that will increase the chances of me having SP. So I don't take those before bed.

Is there anything that you do/eat/drink/take before bed that could cause you to have SP?
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
I don't know if these experiences have anything to do with ghosts, specifically. But I'm sure there are ways you can control your dreams. I don't think you're being possessed, but you obviously have an uncanny ability to control your dreams to the point where it's almost like stepping into another reality. Part of this could be astral projection, but I'm not certain; I'm not an expert.

You could try searching this site for similar stories or doing some research regarding strong dreams and possible astral projection. There are so many things associated with sleep paralysis and even I recently had an episode where I felt awake but couldn't move and heard someone in the room with me.
Rashidah (9 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
From reading most of the experiences here most termed it as a condition.

If you like you can check out AstralBooBaby on Youtube if you like to check out other views of this phenomena.

Best of Luck.
Carolann1015 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
I have heard about this sleep paralysis and I have heard that there is an actuall condition for this, that you can get helped. The dreams I have even had before and I think they might be natural causes. I'm not saying you are crazy, or lying, it could be paranormal. But you might want tto check out the other options first. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: