You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Touched

Real Ghost Stories

Touched

 

I just recently read a story about sleep paralysis on this site and remembered a story that happened to me very recently. I've never experienced sleep paralysis, but I completely understood what it is and what happens to a person when it occurs, so when it happened, I wasn't as frightened as some might be without previous knowledge.

I did my usual meditation before going to sleep, because it kills time and helps out with my sleep, and at one point in the night I awoke. Now, I normally wake up about 4-5 times a night in need of water or some drink. I don't know why, but it's been happening for years now. It doesn't bother me too much, because I have a drink by my bed for this reason alone. This one night, I woke up and didn't feel thirsty, and in fact, didn't feel anything at all. I quickly realized I couldn't move any body part at all. I remember feeling so much energy inside me trying to push out. Then I felt something touch my ankle. It was extremely noticeable because I couldn't feel any body part at all. But I felt something cold poke my ankle like a finger or something. Needless to say, I used every force of energy I had and pushed my arm forward and was completely rejuvenated. The whole ordeal lasted only about 12 seconds which is very short from what I've heard about past sleep paralysis experiences. I think this could be attributed to my meditation and knowledge of not panicking when feeling this strange sleep condition.

After experiencing this, I will say that it is truly a frightening thing to have happen to me. Feel free to leave any comments on what you think.

good luck,

Jim

Other hauntings by JimmyO

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

SomeCallMeTim (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-03)
Greetings, JimmyO

Not to discount any next-level origins for your experience, but since this was an isolated incident, you may want to rule out any physiological explanations. Persistent awakening, night thirst and temporary paralysis can all be indicative of neurological maladies, right down to the perceived touch on the ankle, where one of our major nerve intersections is. Please see your physician - diagnosing and correcting neurological problems is least complicated when the problem is detected early.

Best wishes to you,

Tim
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-22)
I think it is scary and I never want to experience it:| I would panic like everyone else ha
Thedreamer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-13)
wow. If that where me I would been so scared! But I'm happy that you did not get really hurt!

JoeyJoeJoe (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
I had some like that last night... My son always told Me something was pushiung at him from under the bed... I always told Him to stop it and go to bed... We always see stuff and shadows about the house... And an orb on video... Anyway last night at 3am sleeping in My sons bed, something woke me from a deep sleep... I was being pushed down, let up and pushed back down severel times... I could not move or yell... Cause that's what I wanted to do for roughly 12 seconds I cpouldn't do a thing. Finally I was able to move My arm back to try and elbow whatever was there, afterwards I was able to leave the room and go to My bed where I remained for the rest of the night.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
I know what you went through. I've been there too. It can be scary, can't it? Just have faith that everything will be alright.:)
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-19)
weirdddd...=/...pretty scary... God bless hope everything is well =]
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
one night something flew past my head then kept poking me ear it got really annoying everyone was asleep next morning my sister who
has a other bedroom we don't share she said she saw something flew past her head how strange.

I enjoyed reading your story thanks for sharing it with us all. 😊
JackEdwards (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-03)
if it happens again, try not to struggle, see and record what happens. :)
CenterCore (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-14)
Dreams are the gateway between dimensions. Our world, and the spirit world. Sleep paralysis allows spirits access to our world alone. Does this make sense? Sorry if it doesn't. I'm not sure how else to say it.

- ©Œnter¢o®€
Allie (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-10)
Hi Jim, how are you? I recently turned 13 yrs old and have been having the same experiences as you except I tried to do what you did with using all my energy, but it didn't work. when I wake up there is someone sitting on the end of my bed staring at me. and I scream and my grandma comes in and the person looks at me with a smirk and disapears. it is way cool!
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-08)
Hey Jim, how are you? I think that you were going through Sleep Paralysis, or SP for me. I have never experienced anything as such, but I know a cousin who has, he told me that he tried to get up one morning but he couldn't move anything at all as if someone unseen was pinning him down with incredible force, he told me that it lasted for about 10 minutes, which is a very long time. SP is very common with most people and I know tons of people who've been through it. I thought it was quite surprising though that you felt fingers and someone's hands as they grabbed you ankle, you said? This is strange.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: