You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Turn Now

Real Ghost Stories

My Turn Now

 

My name's Casey. I'm 24-years-old and this is my first time submitting a story. I have a funny feeling that it's highly likely this won't be the last!

Okay, so I'm from New Zealand and I am part European and Part Maori. Our family really takes in the Maori cultural side as my mother and father are both descendants of Maori Heritage.

I was about 14-years-old and we had moved into this house that was quite cozy. Then all of a sudden, about 6 months, maybe even a year later, weird things started happening. My sister felt it the most; shes 2 years younger than me.

One time she had to bake some biscuits for my mum, it would have been about 9.30 pm - 10. 00 pm at night, and she was about to stick them in the oven, and she got tapped on the shoulder (like an actual tap). She was sooo freaked out that she ran down the other end of the house into my room and asked if I could stay up. I said no and that was the end of that. She just left then and went to bed.

Another time was when my dad would be sleeping in my room and he would feel someone tugging on his big toe. He thought it was one of us kids playing a trick on him, but when he opened his eyes there was nobody there.

Our youngest brother would have been 4-years-old at the time. He was playing in my parents' room and my dad was in the bath, which is directly across the hallway. My little brother saw a dark hand telling him to come into my room (where dad's toe got played with). He said no and told my dad. He still remembers it until this day. He's 14 now.

My sister would always feel as though she was paralyzed in her sleep. Like something was taking over her body. She told me that she feels really evil-like when this happens. Often she would ask to sleep with me, but we would just stay up the whole night because she was too scared to sleep. Even though we don't live there anymore, it sometimes still happens.

Things started to spiral out of control. It got to the point where my dad would yell at them because he could see dark shadowy things in the hallway. We decided to get a Maori group in and they blessed the house. When they left everything was brighter (like the lighting). One lady started vomiting when she got close to a picture in the hallway and apparently the entities were hiding behind there.

While nothing happened to me there (we don't live there anymore by the way) lately I have been experiencing weird things. For instance, I was watching TV and I felt this hand grab the back of my head. I turned around, but no one was there. Then about a month ago my uncle and two cousins came to stay and we all slept in the lounge. It was my uncle, then my 2 cousins and then myself on the other side of the mattress. I was in a deep sleep and then I felt a hand grab my butt. It felt like the same hand that grabbed the back of my head. I quickly turned around because I thought for a split second that perhaps it was my uncle, but he was fast asleep and there was no way in the world that he could have reached me because his arm would not be able to stretch that far. I told my sister and she just laughed, so did my dad. Then a few days after that the same hand grabbed the back of my head again.

I'm not scared but I don't know what's going on. And why all of a sudden? My family always tease me and says I have a new friend and stuff like that.

When I came across this website I was sooo happy I couldn't wait to share my story and get your guys feedback. I told my mum and she said that it was a bad idea. She said that I'm pretty much opening a doorway for the spirits/ghosts etc. This has been on my mind all day. Is she right?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chase88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CammiAlice (5 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
someone told me that you can channel your thoughts so the ghost can hear you or something like that. I thought it was stupid and didn't believe it but I have tried it all the same. One of my stories explains my situation I have had so you can know that I have had a lot of oppurtunities to try this. Sometimes it works, some times it doesnt. I find that if I think of my voice being strong and confident it usually works and keeps them away. You may think I'm talking rubbish but if you're as desperate as I am then i'd have thought you'd try it anyway. Good luck
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
Yeah, don't ever use a board. That's like steroids to the activity you already have going on. Your smart for not wanting to use it. I enjoyed your experience and I hope all goes well with you.

Thank you for sharing
chase88 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
i will becareful. My friend asked me to do a Ouija board but I wont. Not because I'm afraid but because of what might happen apparently they really work. And guys thanks so much for the feed back!
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
Very Interest Story Chase88 I don't think you not open the door to paranormal but just becarefully and To Spooky-N-Crazy I think you are so very rude to all the posters not just here but others too so please Keep your option to yourself and posters have a right to tell the true story alright so to Chase88 I hope nothing happen to you and your family from that place.
chase88 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
lol at spooky-n-crazy. I ddnt really put my story on here to interest you it was just playing on my mind. I asked my dad and he said that the house was built on a Maori burial site. They ddnt tell us this at the time because we were young. Probably ddnt want to scare us. Yeop I ddnt want to listen to my mum because I honestly don't think that me submitting a story is going to do anything!
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
I don't think it's dangerous to come here... In my experience. Of course playing with an Ouija board and inviting things into your life can be. But I've never felt creeped out just from talking about it online.I've got to do something... Otherwise my head will explode if I can never vent about how strange the universe can be.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
Sorry, your name is Casey. Chase is your ID. Morning coffee hasn't kicked in...
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
Chase, I found your stories quite interesting, especially the part about the entities hiding behind the hallway picture. And please feel free to submit again!

As far as your mom's concern about posting here opening a portal - I don't experience any problems with this particular website. The people running it seem to be very kind, mature and grounded and so that is the energy that is surrounding and protecting yourghoststories.com. If fact, having a safe place to discuss questions you may have about your experiences could be very beneficial.

Note: Creating a safe place for honest dialogue is important. Granted, some tales seem obviously made up and others have a rational, physical explanation and the commentators will respond accordingly, but through it all it's important that we treat the storie and the people who post them with respect.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
Spooky - I hate when you do this crap, because it detracts from the o/p's story. Stop trolling or I start deleting. Again.
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
Didn't the group mention what was haunting your house or any other history? I would have freaked the hell out of me if somebody grabs my butt like that, yikes! Thanks for sharing.

Spooky-n-crazy- I would like to read YOUR intelligent side stories๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

~Nikky

This comment from spooky-n-crazy is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: