You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Way It Follows Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Way It Follows Me

 

I encountered this when I was about, oh I don't know, 9 maybe? I had an invisible friend. His name was Anthony. We used to play and talk and do everything together. Until I found out the truth. Anthony started doing weird things like cussing at me and then going into the bathroom and crying. My Mom just blew it off because she thought I was just playing. Until one day when Anthony just cracked. We were playing hide and go seek. When Anthony couldn't find me he chose to give up. He was a real sore loser that day and all of a sudden, a figure appeared. Anthony said, "No Mom, please don't" She obviously didn't see me. And she started beating him up. I told my Mom about it and she said it was going too far. So I did some research and found something out.

There really was a boy named Anthony Harmone (Pronounced Har-Mon). He died of child abuse 50 years before that day exactly. So I found Anthony in the closet crying his poor little eyes out. I said, "Anthony what's wrong" and then he started talking about how his Mom kept hitting and hitting. And he confessed that she killed him fifty years ago in that same house. He said he could not find the light and I helped him.

A few days later he said, "I see a light _________, what's happening?". Then he started walking toward that light. I haven't seen him, or his mother since. Sometimes I hear a child's laugh or a "Thank you" But I'm glad of what I did.

I miss you Anthony!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PoohBearBabyGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
OMG, that is so great that you could help the spirit move on. That story is just sooooo sweet. Nothing like that has ever happened to me, but you should be proud about what happened and how you helped him.
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-09)
Wow,night shade is totally right you DID do the right thing, But to tell you it would be a little scary for me if I was you. I haven't even known about the light since now 😐lol anyway I watch ghost whisperer did you know the man that writes it has had those REAL experiences?! SO WEIRD
But that's a very nice,honest,good way to do
Nightshade (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-28)
The end of that story was sooo happy! (sniff...) I think I'm about to cry, now. PoohBearBabyGirl, what you did was fantastic. You did the absolute right thing! (sniff, sniff...) ❤ ❤ ❤
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
Shane, she was 9, and at the time probably didn't know much about it. She's not 9 now - therefore she's able to make a little more sense of the story when telling it. And I've been hearing about "the light" for so long now I can definitely say I've been hearing about it since long before 9 years of age. Helping a spirit cross over is another thing, but like I said - she's older now, she's able to make sense of it. (I'm not trying to be rude. Just so you know, just shedding some light on the subject. No pun intended, either.)
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
😁 wow how cool! I'm sorry for what happen to Anthony but I am glad you helped him moved on. I do believe you! So take care & if anything else happends let us know! 😊
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-22)
That you PoohBearBabyGirl for sharing your story with us. I am going to go on a limb here and give you the benifit of the doubt and say I believe you. But I do have one question. How does a child of nine even know about the light and how to help a spirit cross over?

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: