You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Small College Town

Real Ghost Stories

Small College Town

 

I go to college in a small Louisiana town. It's a black college that used to be nothing but sharecropper fields.

My freshman year, me and my boyfriend walked up to the gas station to get some snacks for a movie night. Being that it was spring break, we had no car, and little money. We just hung out around campus to enjoy the quiet. It was the first day of break and we had a movie marathon and we ran out of snacks around 11 o'clock. So my boyfriend grabbed his backpack and wallet and I put shoes on and we were off.

Now, the town my school is in has a very creepy vibe at night. There's a lot of swampland and wilderness at night, on top of haunted dorms, but that's a post for another time. So as we're walking to the gas station, we both have a weird feeling as we're walking over the bridge that separates campus from city.

On the way back from the gas station, me and my boyfriend notice a man in the opposite side of the street crossing the bridge. He had on what looked like cut off blue jeans (from what I saw, it looked like jeans) a red thermal type top and a straw hat with no shoes. He was just walking. I couldn't make out a face but he had form but you could see through him. My boyfriend and I kept walking and as we got to the point where we would pass him, he had disappeared.

Since that night we've had a few more experiences with people who we couldn't tell we're real or spirit. The subject still makes my boyfriend uncomfortable.

What do you guys think it was? I would love the feedback.

Other hauntings by Kid_sensation

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kid_sensation, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
What is a risdual haunting? Like time replaying itself? If so maybe that's what you saw. A flashback to an earlier time?
johnjohn17 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
this is probably a risidual haunting nothing really to be alarmed about like ada said louisiana is a very active place due to slavery and vodoo and other spiritual things from different cultures but that's more like a risdual haunting I bet if you go back to that spot at the same time you will see it again and again its like a repeat
ada (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
Let me just say that Louisiana in very active! Been there for many different tours, lived there for a long time in new orleans none the less. Married there and all that good stuff. Have been just crazy bout the culture any culture really. So, tell me this what part south or north? And are you doing any back up study on this land other than knowing it is old sharecroper fields? Look into it some... You will be so surprised how far you can go back... The years I mean. And post us a story bout the dorms that are haunted.

This comment from spooky-n-crazy is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
Does this happen more often when you two are together? I am simply wondering if there is a connection here. Perhaps the phenomenon you experienced is somehow related to the energy's both of you have, but for some reason they are stronger when you are together?
It's just a thought.
Thank you for sharing.

Jav 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: