You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Hello Again Dog

Real Ghost Stories

Hello Again Dog

 

About two years ago, I lost my dog Pansy to what we think could have been antifreeze. We still don't know where she got it, but in the end she had to be put down. Well that was in March of that year. In June, we got a new dog, whom we named Soot.

One thing you have to know is that we usually end up with black dogs like Soot and Pansy, but before Pansy all the black dogs we had didn't have tails. Meaning that Pansy and Soot were the only two black dogs we had with tails. Anyway...

Soot had been with us for about four weeks, and he was still a puppy, so whenever you pulled up in the driveway he would come and greet you (he still does).

So my dad and I drove up into the yard, and I jumped out calling Soot's name. At the time this happened my dad still had his pickup truck, and it was pretty tall, but I looked over the hood of the car, and I saw the last glimpse of a black curled tail making its way towards my side of the truck. Naturally I thought it was Soot, so I bent down to greet him, but he wasn't there. I was confused for a second until I heard my dad complaining of dropping his hat. So I thought that Soot must have went over to my dad (who was on the other side of the truck, at the bed part of it) to try and eat his hat. So I made my way around the front of the truck, looked to where my dad was and still didn't see Soot, so I looked around the yard and there, across the yard under my mom's car, was Soot. He hadn't moved at all (which made sense, sense it was like 90 degrees outside, and he was a black dog.)

I knew he didn't move, because one of my cats was in front and to the side of him. Still relaxed, as was Soot, as if they hadn't moved. My other dog, Nina, is a yellow dog, and her tail doesn't curl, plus she's too short to be seen on the other side of the hood. Well I definitely knew it could have been...Pansy!

Other hauntings by girlie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, girlie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
thank you all for your wonderful stories and comments. I really appresated (< can't spell) thanks again though.
❤ GIRLIE ❤
ada (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
Nice story girlie. I know this is way different... Not really but... Kinda. There was a horse named Strawberry that I had when I was a kid and my dad had to put it down. I still hear that horse when I got visit daddy!
Crystal4 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
I think it was your dog visiting. I have had visits from almost all the dogs I have grown up with who had untimely deaths. The last time was just over a year ago, my young chihuahua, who was only two years old, suddenly had a seizure out of the blue and we rushed her to the vet but she died anyway. They couldn't even work out what killed her, and I had a hard time with that and I suffered such serious grief. I had actually written about her on this board before when she was alive because I felt another dog's presence with her around me. But anyway, one day I was in the yard and Sweetie, my dog who died, had a really tiny little sharp bark (she was a very, very tiny chi) that none of my family's other dogs has. And I was in the yard one day and from the middle of the yard I clearly heard her barking even though there was no dog there. I think our dogs definitely stick with us:-)
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
Unlike some of the stories here, this is great! 😊

Maybe she just dropped by to say hello ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: