You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Phasmophobia

Real Ghost Stories

Phasmophobia

 

Phasmophobia (fear of ghosts), yes I have it. Who could really blame me? I went from a non-believer to a man whose hair stands on end from the mere thought of it. It all started around midnight four nights ago. I lay in my bed, so close to falling asleep when I began hearing voices to my left. The voices sounded so close that I had to sit up. The voices continued, but I could not see a soul.

I shook my head to make sure I was not dreaming. The voices stopped for a moment, which was when I saw a flash of gray light out of the corner of my left eye. I quickly turned my head, but saw nothing out of the ordinary except that the clothes hanging over my computer chair were swaying.

Again, I saw something from the corner of my eye and jerked my head in the opposite direction to catch a glimpse. This time, the flash of light stopped. I stared at what I saw. It was six feet tall and thin as a rail. Its body shimmered in a strange gray light. Its face was no more than moving shadows. Instant fear had crept in and I had become a child again. I pulled the covers above my head, curled into a ball, and shook miserably.

The voices started again, but stopped abruptly. Next to my feet, I felt the covers start to tighten and pull away. Something was sitting down next to my feet! Without thinking, I kicked madly at the area the being had to be sitting, but only struck air. I stopped and panicked when I realized the pressure had moved to the sheets on either side of my head. Out of instinct, my hands went to the top of the covers to hold them in place. I felt a powerful force resisting me, trying to remove the covers from my head.

Unfortunately, I came up with a bad plan. I would take it by surprise. I'd let it pull the sheets down and I'd hop out of bed and out of the room. I loosened my grip and, as expected, the sheets came down to around my waist. I couldn't move though. Within less than an inch from my own face was the face of the creature, staring eye to eye. I did the only thing I could, I screamed like a girl. The face vanished instantly.

I was frozen except for my eyes. I felt a little shaking at the edge of my bed so I looked down. I saw a pair of hands hanging onto the footboard. Slowly I began to see the top of its head between the hands. When the full face came into view it lunged into the air, hovering above me. It got closer to my face and screamed the exact way I did and disappeared. The whole room shook for seconds after its disappearance.

I haven't slept since.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, propp21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Elite_Sniper14 (2 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-10-31)
oh all thess peaple are probly a lot older know 😆. I'm suck an idiot 😁
Elite_Sniper14 (2 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-10-31)
this story is preaty interesting. When I was young I yuesed to think there wasa monster in a crib. It scared the crap outta me. 😜
pjs1977 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-09)
I think its made up sorry it just sounds too far fetched to be true or maybe you were dreaming propp did you ever think of that. Let me ask you a question how did you feel the next morning? This is a really old story like 6 years old already. Your probably not around anymore.
Cynnae (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Oh wow screw that! My eyes watered as I was reading this lol (I see everything like a movie in my head). I think I would have passed out way before I saw it's head at the end of the bed. Worst I've got is the voices at the end of my bed constantly talking to me while I'm in that phase between asleep and awake. I have seen them before but shadows and stuff, not intelligent things that want to scare the crap out of you! Screaming like a girl is a lot more brave than what I would have done.
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
I would just simply type out Holy Crap but I am required to enter more than 60 characters into this box thingy. But seriously. HOLY CRAP. 😜 !
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
Lexiluca, I thought you were hilarious 😜 can you say holy crap once more? Lol. Scary stuff indeed.
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
OMFG! This makes me want to cry. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight just thinking about it. Holy crap holy crap. I have to tell you, though - you're well written, and you made me laugh - but I'm still freaked out by your experience. HOLY CRAP! That's insane! You scared it! Haha, and then it scared the crap out of you all over again. I don't think it's there to harm you, I think it's curious about you as it probably just noticed you when you started to become afraid sensing your fear, allowing it's presence to become stronger. Apparitions are something I haven't had much experience with, but I did once, and I reacted the exact same way you did - I hide. I hide, I kick, I scream. But in bed, of all places - I couldn't handle it. I certainly couldn't. I'd lose my mind, and also not be able to sleep... At all. ARE YOU OKAY!? Haha, you poor thing.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
😨 😨 😨 holy cow! I honestly do not know what I would of done, but I would scream for sure!
About your clothes moving, I had an experience like that too! It was new year well about to be 2000 and as you know everyone was panicking thinking is was the end of the world, so I send a little prayer for all of us to be safe in this world. Then I heard a cracking noise from my closet, I turn to look and all my clothes were moving back and forth as if someone brush against them, I got scared and run off my room!

I hope everything is well, may god be with you and protecting you all day/night!
rosebud (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-22)
wow this is on of the scariest stories I hav read on this site so far. I probobly would have done the same thing you did. I hope that this does not happen to you again.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-22)
Interesting, very interesting. Could you give us a little background into the home in which you live? Did you just move into this home or have you lived there a while? Is it a house or an apartment? Approx how old is this place and is it near anything of significance? From your story I gather that this is something new and that you have never had a paranormal experience up until this point. Can you think of anything that may have caused this experience? Have you made a purchase of something old or something that once belonged to someone else? Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-22)
Hey Patrick, I think I have that phasmowhatchamocalit too. I would have probably been as scared as you were, or even worse! I am interested in the mysterious but I don't think I want to experience something like what you experienced. You know, it's funny how we like to study and experiment these things but when we're done, we're all screaming like little kids and shaking like we're being electrocuted,lol! WEll, thanks for sharing your story Patrick, take care. 😁
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
I think I have phasmophobia too now 😨 hehe, thanks for scaring the crap out of me, Patrick.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: