You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Ghost Hunting With Loonies 3

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Hunting With Loonies 3

 

On March 24th, 2012, I went on an overnight ghost hunt with zzsgranny, miracle51031, stephyw2001, and clever210. My 2 brave adventure buddies; Chrissy and Esther and myself drove 9 ½ hours all the way from New York to Mansfield, OH. When the opportunity to do this came up there was no way I was letting it pass me by. OSR is one of the most haunted locations in America. Featured on a number of television shows and documentaries, not only is it a very informative historic site, but it also was a chance for me to finally meet some of the greatest people I would ever know in person.

We all arrived at OSR around 7:00pm and were greeted by our tour guide Scott. Scott took us all around the prison pointing out areas where activity was most likely to occur, if anything had happened recently, some historic events that took place, and also showed us the areas where the Shawshank Redemption was filmed and pointed some movie memorabilia that was preserved in glass cases. These movie artifacts were in the room where I had my first visual experience, which I will tell you about a little later.

After the tour and all the lights have been turned off we broke up into small groups. Chrissy, Esther, and myself decided to check out the Warden's Quarters. During the tour we were told how the warden's wife was accidentally killed when she reached up into a wardrobe closet and a gun fell off the shelf, fired and the bullet hit her in the chest. I had the digital recorder going just walking around asking questions when we walked into a bedroom and I say, "Oh look here is another wardrobe closet" wondering if it was indeed the same closet that the gun fell from and my recorder picks up a quick "yeah" then a couple of seconds later you hear another "Yeah" which none of us heard with our own ears.

Getting a little anxious about being on our own, we decided to head outside for some air, and so Esther can have a cigarette. While out there we were met by Scott who was also smoking. Now we were on the ground floor in a courtyard type area. The entrance was to my back and there was a dumpster to my left with a table and benches on the other side of that. From the entrance I can see 2 pieces of Shawshank memorabilia, one was the actual pipe that he crawled through which was in a case up against the wall, the second piece was the tunnel he dug from his cell. As they were finishing their smokes we decided to head back in. I turned and as I'm walking in I see a full body black shadow walk in front of the pipe along the wall. It moved from right to left and into the East Cell Block. I immediately said. "Who is that, and why don't they have a flashlight? Are they nuts?" Scott ran in front of me and asked me what I saw. I explained that I saw someone move from right to left and walk into east cell block. He ran into the cell block with us following after him. I thought someone was in trouble. So I asked him what's wrong he just looked at me and put out his hands as if to say, there is nobody here. I then realized what I saw and asked if that was one of the reports. He shook his head yes, and said that he and a couple of other employees have been outside either smoking or throwing out garbage, turn to walk back in and see a person walk in front of the pipe into East Cell Block. I clapped my hands and said, "WooHoo!" I just had an experience. About a minute later granny and her son JR came in. When I told her what happened she was all excited and said, "You have to put it on YGS!"

The East Cell Block proved to be very active especially with evp's. After seeing the shadow person we went to investigate some other places. We came back to East Cell Block later on in the evening to see if we can catch anything else and take a look at the toilet room down at the other end of the block. We were not even half way down the hall when my friend Esther jumped and said that she heard a growl in her ear. Funny thing about that is she is deaf in one ear, and that is the side she heard it from. I immediately turn on the recorder and a few seconds in you hear this loud voice come in that sounds like its right on top of the recorder. I guess you can say he gave her a good ole prison inmate compliment! The voice says, "You're F****** Hot!"

One more experience I would like to tell you about before this becomes way too long happened in the toilet room. This room is referred to as the toilet room because it is filled with many porcelain toilets. After the prison shut down they had no way of disposing all of them so they remain in this room. While conducting an evp session my friend Esther stops, turns around, and has a confused look on her face. I asked her what was wrong and she said that someone pulled on her sweatshirt. We looked around to see if she got caught on something, but she wasn't near anything and neither of us was behind her so I started asking questions. After a few minutes of total silence I sigh... And say well can you make any noise and tap on something like this and I took my flashlight and tapped 3 times on one of the bars. But, before I even say the word tap a voice comes in and mockingly says... Tap...tap...tap. Like he already knew what I was going to say.

So that is it for now. I had some more experiences that I will post about soon. Thanks for reading and hope you can make out the evp's.

Http://soundcloud.com/cosmogal926/wardens-quarters-yeah-1

Http://soundcloud.com/cosmogal926/east-cell-block-your-fn-hot

Http://soundcloud.com/cosmogal926/toilet-room-tap-tap-tap

Other hauntings by cosmogal926

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cosmogal926, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sarsem (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
Hi Cosmagal, I know I'm late, but this sounds like an amazing experience. As I'm from Australia, I am not familiar with a lot of haunted places in the USA. I have seen the shawshank redemption though lol. I am glad that you were able to get some evidence throughout the night and your evp's are quite clear.
I am hoping to one day visit the old Melbourne Gaol here in Australia. Apparently it is crawling with spirits.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-23)
Hey Miracles and zzsgranny! Thank you both it's been way too long. It's good to be back 😁 ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-02-23)
cosmogal 😆 - happy dance, happy dance, happy dance! So very happy to see you here, I've missed you ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
What is the statute of limitations on this? Lol! It does seem to be sending some kind of message. 😜 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Feels like it to me too, but I'd already checked and knew it was November LOL. You know, I think I remember having this conversation back then. You voted for me once or twice then and got that same message 😉 😆 Sumbody trying to tell you sumthin! 😆
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Ok so it's only been 5 months, but it feels a lot longer than that. Lol!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
It has to be about a year since my last post. I have to check for sure, but yeah that made me crack up!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Are you kidding? LMAO! 😆 Apparently you haven't been gone long enough then 😉 😆 Now that's just too funny, don'tcha think?
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Miracles! Yes I decided to pop in and see what's going on. It has been way too long, and guess what? I just got a "please vote fir someone else" really? Lol! 😁 😆 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
cosmogal - you're here! OMG it's been forever! 😊 😆 So glad to see you back. I've missed you on here ❤
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
I loved reading the experiences of these stories. I've always wanted to go on a little ghost hunt of my own... There's a few pretty haunted places around where I live, and I hope someday to even visit the vortex here in my state. It's so weird, how warped the area is supposed to look, I'd love to see it with my own eyes. I remember one of my art teachers does tours of a popular haunted house in town, where he's seen a little girl quite clearly when no little girl actually lives there.

I would be really freaked out to head in a place like that, though. So much negative energy, I'd assume. Ghosts a little bit TOO friendly. I've listened to some of the recordings, and a few of them really really creeped me out. They're all unintelligible, or... Just not there, for me, but intriguing nonetheless. It's just so... Odd, to try and communicate with the spirits. So close, and yet so far. All I can think of is that one picture in the Cistine Chapel, with Adam reaching to the heavens, almost touching them, yet not quite able to. Best way to describe it, IMO.

Keep up the stories, y'all, and sorry for my rambling. I haven't been absent, just quiet:P Always reading!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-28)
Thanks Daz, 😁 my friend was startled when. She heard the growl I'm sure she would have been half way back to NY if she heard the next part. LOL! Esther saw a shadow when we came up from the basement when. I finally caught her as she ran for the exit she said that it looked out from behind a corner then dteooed back. After calming her down she said. " I got to check that out" and went back to the area where she saw it. She is such a trooper. 😊
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-28)
Great account cosmogal, you guys picked up some incredible audio, the most profound one being the wardens response with "YEAH"...100PERCENT PROOF... By the way, I don't know what the deal is with ghost talking so spooky and perhaps it was better you guys didn't hear him whispering like Vincent price, otherwise we may have heard a couple of other unpleasant noises in the mix... 😆 well done friend, great job!

Daz😁
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
It was before you asked them to tap though. It doesn't sound like tapping
stephyw2001 (guest)
-2
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
Spectae are you from Mythbusters! That show is awesome! Well... Adam and Jamie are awesome. The girl is too perky, the hot guy is ok to watch, and the Asian guy is such a whimp. He's so whiny. OMG are you the Asian guy! Quit being such a whiner! Tell the producers to show more of Adam and Jaime, they're the reason we watch the show, not for you three clowns! That is all.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
I just realized I misspelled your screen name. It's spectae, not spectre. My apologies 😳
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
spectre, like zzsgranny said on miracles's story we are not scientists, professionals, or experts on ghost hunting. We went in there raw, and yes what you hear as just scraping sounds, I'm hearing as speech. I hear a raspy male voice that comes over the normal voices. I'm not saying it is fact! Just posting them as a "you decide". I am not qualified to say that they are actual voices, as you are not qualified to say they are not. That is why the paranormal is an intersting topic of discussion because there are people who believe, and those who will come up with a scientific explanation, but neither side has been proven. The only thing I do know is that we won't find out until we ourselves cross over.

Thanks, and take care. 😊
spectae (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
Well I've listened to the recordings again and:

Warden's quarters...yeah...
There is a breathy "yeah" near the end and it seems to continue, but the audio just stops. Would have been interesting to hear what follows as it may be connected with that breathy "yeah".

East Cell block Your Fn Hot
This is what I hear:
"Loud, I would have heard that." said a woman
"We've, we've actually had people who were deaf in here (scraping sounds), that's yeah". Said a man.
Are people "interpreting" scraping sounds for speech?

Toilet Room tap tap tap
Scarping sounds.

In the words of "mythbusters" I call this "busted".

Wishful thinking, peer pressure etc but no other worldly sounds to my hearing. I am not a skeptic, I believe in all this, but there is nothing on the audio presented.

PeAcE
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
red: What you're hearing on the third one is the "tap, tap, tap" 😆...Smarta$$ ghosts... It helps if you listen to all of our EVP's with headphones; not necessary but the stuff can be heard a lot clearer...
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
there is talking there and at the end. Unless that is you rubbing the recorder around
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
there is something else on the third one between second 3 and 4 when you ask "can you make any noise?"
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
Darkness,no worries mate I have been late to the party a lot lately. But I'm starting to get back into a groove now. Yaaaay! I really hope we will be able to meet up one day. That would be so awesome!

Syeetaque, thank for your comment and I'm so glad you were able to hear the evps 😁
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
1st EVP: I definitely heard a 'yeah'
2nd EVP: yeah, it said you're F****** hot.
3rd EVP: I only heard 'tap, tap' not 'tap, tap, tap'
Those are very interesting EVPs:)
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Sorry am late on this 1 Cosmo, but hey what else is new! Late on here and late on Facebook! Lol I read this account and like the previous 2 it makes me all Jealous, sounds like you gals had a fantastic time and at a fantastic place. I'm so happy you all got to meet up! Our turn next hopefully! 😊 ❤

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Well, again, it's a toss up between there and the Stanley Hotel... Come hell or high water I WILL make it to Estes Park someday LOL 😆...And you're more than welcome to come, when I decide, that is... ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
😲 granny that is awesome, wish we could go with you. That shouldnt be too far from where you are in Vegas right? I'm jealous already. LOL 😆 ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Oh, just rub it in, why don'tcha, granny? You go to Alcatraz and don't take me, now you're going to Bisbee, AZ and don't take me. WTH! I took you to Mansfield with me! 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
cosmo: I'm looking into going to Bisbee, AZ for my vacation later this summer...It's a quirky little town full of artists and hippies... My kind'a place 😆...Oh, they have ghosts, too 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Hi redphx, I have seen documentaries and tv shows of haunted locations in AZ that I would love to visit one day. I just wish I had thd money to travel. Mansfield was a dream because we split gas money and hotel. Maybe when I hit mega millions. LOL! PS, sorry about my horrible typos I am posting from my cell phone.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Morticia and geetha, thank you for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed this installment of our experiences. Geetha, we wish test you could have been there too as well as our Aussie mates. Ang member of this site would have had an amazing time at OSR. 😁

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: