You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Can People Be Haunted?

Real Ghost Stories

Can People Be Haunted?

 

I'm not exactly sure if what is going on is a ghost story, I've had these weird things happening lately, and I think it may be spirit trying to reach out to me. I guess I should start back at the beginning. When I was a kid, I used to have these feelings, feelings something bad was going to happen, etc. Then I had these dreams of things that were going to happen before they did. Nothing major, just conversations, little things. Also, I had really bad nightmares, my parents had to get me pills to help me sleep.

Not that relates to a ghost, or anything, its just to say that it lead me to be open to the idea of them existing. The ghost, or spirit whatever I'm referring to is something I've seen. Maybe seen is an exaggeration, because it's only been quick glances, out of the corner of my eye. A sort of blur. I woke up once, to see this whitish blur, sort of hovering near my bed. It probably wasn't so much a blur, but I wear glasses, so that's all I got out of it. I thought it was the after affect of a dream, no big deal. But then, I saw the same blur a few days later, in my bathroom, while I was taking a bubble bath.

It was out of the corner of my eye again, and then it was gone when I turned to look. I remember trying to talk to it, to see if it would come back. I even called it a pervert, for showing up when I was naked. Not that I'm sure ghosts can be perverts, I was just trying to get his attention.

Normally, seeing these sort of things wouldn't bother me. I've had it happen a few times before. Once when I was a kid, I saw an old guy mowing my neighbors yard, who didn't live there. I described him to my mom, and she told me there used to be a man who lived down the street like that, but he had died a few years ago. I didn't make a big deal of that, nearly everyone had family who lived nearby, it could have been his brother who looked like him or something.

Another time, I saw a lady brushing the steps of a house, in the back seat of the car, with my parents and brother. I told them about it, because there was never even a house there, let alone a woman, and the woman was dressed funny, in a white dress. They told me they hadn't seen anything. I still argue every time we pass that spot that I saw something there. They think it's funny.

Whether or not I was seeing spirits or not, I don't know. But they never seemed to see me back, so it wasn't like it was anything I was worried about. It wasn't hurting me, and it sure wasn't bothering them.

But things have started to get weirder. One day, when I was in the car with brother. I saw a man on the side of the road, who when I blinked wasn't there. My brother was with me, and saw nothing. Later, in that same spot, I saw a man who looked like he was walking out onto the road. I slammed by breaks, but the guy had disappeared.

I probably would think I was going crazy, had weird things not happened around here before. My mom told me back when her and my dad were just married, that she woke up and saw a man standing in the room. But, then he was gone. That, and she has had the feelings too, and usually they are right, she had one the night I wrecked my car.

My dad thinks the house he grew up in was haunted, he's told me stories about it.

My brother has heard the same little girl singing that I have heard coming from the woods behind our house. He used to have feelings and dreams too. Like mine, never a big deal. The only one of mine that ever mattered was that I dreamed this old lady my family knew would die, and she did. But she was old and sick, and that was probably just a nightmare. Usually these feelings, the ones that something bad is going to happen, mean a family member will get hurt. My cousin broke her arm, a family member rushed to the hospital, a friend having a nervous meltdown. Nothing ever extreme.

Since my brother believed me, I thought I was sane. Then I started having weird dreams again, dreams that made it hard to sleep. I was eleven the first time I had dreams so intense, these ones I was having started when I was 15. I had them three years, on and off, the on period always came along with headaches, dizziness, and a general feeling of something being off.

The dreams had me talking to someone, a man. He knew me, remembered me. I felt as if I knew him too, but couldn't remember. One thing he told me bothered me, I asked who he was, (and what he was), and he only said, "go back to the beginning..." I didn't know what that meant, so I started researching ghosts, past lives, anything in the range of the spiritual or supernatural. Because these dreams were real, they felt real, the weren't only nightmares, I've woken up screaming from them.

Only lately have these weird dreams started coming back. Except now, I can't remember them like I did before. Before they hung with me, like events I actually lived, now a few minutes after waking they fade. Sometimes before I even open my eyes. I just wake up with the same sense of sadness, of fear, of something being wrong, or out of place.

It got so I couldn't sleep. I was to scared to fall asleep. I started taking things to help me sleep, only Tylenol PM, or things like that, since my parents wouldn't get me the hard core stuff.

And, when I do sleep, I wake up. Which is leading up to what happened that really freaked me out. Like I said, I've always seen things, but they never bothered me. Never noticed me. Besides the dreams, where I've carried on whole conversations with this guy, who I have no idea who or what he is. Did I mention we are on beach a lot of the times? Always the same one. I tried to find it online, but never could.

Anyway, back to what I'm getting to, to what all this babbling has lead up to. I woke up the other morning (on one of those rare nights I sleep) and heard something moving around in my room. I had woken up because I felt something in my room, everyone knows that feeling, like when someone walks in a room, and you don't really hear them or see them, you just sort of feel them. That feeling woke me up, and I heard someone walking. I thought it was my mom, so I just closed my eyes. She comes in sometimes in the morning to turn off my lamp (I can't sleep in the complete dark, for some reason) so that's who I thought it was. Only it wasn't. I heard something behind me, breathing, I felt something touch my shoulder. I knew it wasn't my mom, I knew it then, she would never touch me while I was asleep, never stand so close and breath that way. I couldn't only hear him, her, it, whatever breathe, I could feel it.

I didn't open my eyes. It only lasted a few seconds, the breathing, the touch not even that. I went back to sleep. Later I woke up to see my mom, turning of my lamp. I wanted to ask her was she there earlier, but I didn't. Not then.

When I woke up, my lamp was back on. No one else had been in my room all morning. I asked everyone in my family. They all told me they hadn't been in there.

I don't know what to make of it. I don't feel safe. I thought maybe I was just afraid, because it isn't something that's ever happened to me before. But, nothing else has ever made me feel afraid I want to know what's going on.

I know houses can be haunted, but I don't think mine is. I live in a trailer, and I've never heard of those being haunted. But, what I wonder is, can people? Can a person be haunted? Maybe that's what's happening to me. I don't know. I need somebody to give me an idea.

So, if anybody is reading this, tell me what to do. Tell me if I'm just crazy. I just need some advice.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, freakonaleash, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jitow (362 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
The man said go back to the beginning, this could be a reference that he was created in the beginning and not born. I would seek Jesus now.
demonologist134 (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Hello,
Your not alone I am just closing up a case right now where a woman was haunted just like you. There are dangers and risks associated with this and you can feel free to e-mail me and I'll talk to you privately about it. Please visit my website and look at the Haunted Lady section. Www.ncdemonology.org
querida (13 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-27)
WOAH! You really have a problem.
i think something wants you... Or she/he is trying to tell you something or trying to show you something.
Maybe they are trying to guide you in some direction. You've never been hurt by this spirit... Only with nightmares. I think this spirit is trying to show you something important.

have you ever thought that you might have some certain ability of being pshycic? Cause some of the dreams that you've had and they actually came true might be a sign.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
I also agree with everything that Shane has mentioned to you. Yes, people can be haunted because I believe I'm one of those people. It doesn't matter where I'm at things just happen. Yes, trailers can be haunted too. I knew someone a long time ago who lived in one and the ghost liked to keep opening the refridgerator door. 😆
You do have a gift and this being that you have been feeling lately I don't think is bad at all. I think you feel afraid because they have never come this close to you before. Because you are a sensitive you are probably going to experience things even more since you are getting older and are understanding what these things are. When I was younger I had difficulty sleeping and could not sleep very well. There were times when I would wake up in the middle of the night and my lamp would be turned on and it was off when I went to bed. I used to be really scared of the things I saw and they were a lot scarier than this but as I got older and wiser it didn't scare me as much. But don't think that I don't get scared because I do at times. Well, good luck to you and if you start to get scared just start praying and tell it, "You are scaring me, please go back from where you came!" That usually does the trick for me if it is frightening me. Hang in there, you'll be just fine. 😊- Shelby ❤
amyradvan (4 stories) (8 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-13)
hey, I am so glad that I decided to read your story! I have been experiencing the same kinds of things. Weird dreams and talking to people you feel like you know, but you can't remember. I don't think you are crazy at all. I just think you are very sensitive to that kind of thing. So I figure it must make it easier for a spirit to contact you. I'm no expert though. If you ever want to talk, I'd be glad to listen. 😊
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Looks like a lot of signs are going on here. I think you have a gift. An amazing ability. You need to pray to God for the answers. I know this mystery is, well, mysterious... But you need to trust your self and talk to the spirits. Good luck!
miiish (3 stories) (40 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Shane, I love your confidence and I agree with every word you said - Jesus did really preach LOVE ... Given this theory, can anyone even imagine the Divine being a cruel, heartless mean PERSON ? Everything that happens in our lives, is a consequence of our own actions and the chioces that we make. Some have gifts and some don't ... One can argue with this but one can't change facts !

& freakonaleash, I love your skepticism and the fact that you are open to the "other" things in life. You have not just assumed that seeing an old man mowing a lawn was a ghost cause your mum described someone like him who died years ago... Yes it could have been someone else ! When you remove what's logical and are still left with something ... Id say it is " not of this world " :)

Cheers for being brave !
Mish !
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
You are not weird you are just among a select few who have an ability the rest of the world can not and for some will not believe because for some it is the work of the devil and not a gift from the divine. I am so sorry if I step on any toes here, but I do not and will not agree with the churches of today as they are going on a belief system that was created from a roman emporer not the teachings of Jesus. I just hate to see when people use a religion to frighten others into their way of thinking. Not everything that occurs in the paranormal world is evil, just read a few of the more heart touching stories here and then say it was an evil entity that was manipulating the author. I would be willing to bet the Author would say differently. I appologize to freakonaleash for using her story as a soap box of which I will now step down from. I just don't like it when a gifted person is made to feel like a freak or weirdo because others are insensitive or single minded in their beliefs. Imagine how this world would be if we all practiced what Jesus really preached. LOVE!

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you all.
lacusclyneofzaft (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
I had that happen to me before I would dream of things I come into contact. Sometime they are really bad or good but I would never tell my family about it. I would sometime predict people death or people I know who going to die. When they do, I always avoid them because I didn't want know what happen. Of course you could say that it really mean. But I can't handle stuff that are dying in front of me. And I'm usually so depressed about it. Your not the only one who have dream that tell you something going to happen. I have them once in awhile I never to worry about it.
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
I think that you are not haunted. It's just that you realized the stuff around you. Try ignoring these things or get into a positive attitude with the ghost/spirit/demon. Don't like talk to them, just know that they're there and think that they won't harm anything. After a bit, you'll get tired of the happenings and completely ignore them and go on with your life. It's happened to me.
freakonaleash (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
thanks for all the help you all. I'd realy rather believe Shane, since the idea of demons is way scary. I think I may have mislead people, with mentioning the broken arm, the hospital visit and the meltdown, because I don't think whatever this is caused it, just that I knew something was going to happen before it did. But my headaches and stuff, not so sure about that. I consider myself religious, so I'm sure if it is demons, that the big guy upstairs will help me out. I really do prefer the idea I have a gift, it seems much safer, and I guess I always did know I was weird. But thank you all so much for the advice, I'll probabl be following all of it, just to be sure.

Much love
freakonaleash
eekamouse (18 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
I also agree with shane. Not everything paranormal is demonic, as a matter of fact most of them aren't as shane stated. Just coming into your abilities can be scarey and confusing I am sure. Just try some meditation or relaxing exercises for the stress and they will develop in time. Good luck.
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
Your story is very interesting, but I understand how confusing and strange it must be for you.
I totally agree with Shane, I think you have a gift that some people just don't understand. Everything you said in your post sounds just like the experiences a friend of mine had. She is now learning how to use her gift and control the things that often happen to her. I NO WAY believe that this is demons or anything else evil. You would know when a true evil spirit is trying to harm you!
Have you tried contacting a spiritualist church or a local medium in your area? You can learn to use this gift and the things that are happening to you. I know you must be scared, but speaking to others with similar experiences can really help. I hope everything works out for you.
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
By the way, Read stories from this page and you will see what I mean about demons. I am not trying to scare you I am just trying to show you that there are dangers out in the world, ones we don't understand but we need to always take precautions with this kind of danger.

The link is:
http://www.yourghoststories.com/ghost-stories-categories.php?category=10&page=1

Ceary
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
I disagree with Shane.
Things like this can only be demons because they are the ones that hurt people and cause bad things to happen. It talks about this in the Bible. They can toil with you and your family. I would not try to talk to spirits because I have know and heard of people who fooled with them and they did not do well. Bad things started to happen to them and eventually things got worse. Just talk to someone in a church. It's better to be safe then sorry because you decided to play with demons, spirits, and ghosts. Stay safe and don't mess with them.

Ceary
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-22)
To answer your question, Yes people can be haunted. Do I believe that, that is what is happening to you? No, I think you are more than likely a sensitive or as I prefer to say, you have a gift. What you are experiencing is probably just sightings and interaction with those who have passed on and maybe seeking assistance. Don't freak out with all this talk of demons and evil things you see on here. Most of these young folks make assumptions as to what a demon or evil entity is based solely on what they have been taught from conventional or organized churches. I have studied the paranormal for over 26 years and in that time I have only come across maybe two true demonic events and even then I still wonder if they were demonic. Take your time, develop your abilities see if you can communicate with these spirits. Good luck to you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-22)
Freakonaleash,
This is a very strange thing happening to you. I am not sure what it is but it could be some kind of spirit or demon or something. If it is attacking you or your family that go immediately to a church and talk to a priest. You don't want to take any chances. The things happening to your family like the broken bones and meltdowns and stuff could be demonic. The screaming after a dream is not a normal dream. This sounds like demons. Talk to someone in the church immediately. Don't take any chances. ONLY Jesus Christ can stop demons. I would trust this because from my experiences, and many other people's Jesus can help you and God can stop demons not other people.

Just trust me,
Go to the church for help.

Ceary

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: