You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Footsteps In A House

Real Ghost Stories

Footsteps In A House

 

This story starts out 2 years ago. I was only 16-years-old when this happened. It was around 2 o'clock in the morning.

So there I was in bed with a stomachache. I couldn't take the pain anymore, so I went to the bathroom and I was sitting on the toilet. The house that I was staying at was a 2-story house. Usually at that time my dad would always wake up and would check the house, just to see that everything was good. As soon as I was done using the bathroom I heard footsteps. They came from downstairs, and it was working it's way up. These steps that I was hearing were pretty loud. The steps weren't fast steps working their way up. They were actually very slow steps.

I also heard some noises and screaming from outside of the house. They weren't normal screams; they actually sounded different. So I keep on hearing these steps. They were getting closer and closer. At that minute I actually said very loud, "Dad, is that you?" but my dad didn't answer, so I thought for a few seconds and said, "This isn't my dad, this is actually something else." It kept on getting closer.

By that time I was already scared and I started getting goosebumps. Finally I yelled out, "Bro!" I yelled out "Bro" because my brother was sleeping in his room. He finally answered and said, "What's up?" As soon as he said, "What's up?" the footsteps went away. That was actually the strangest thing because the noises went away as soon as it heard my brother's voice.

The next day I asked my dad about the footsteps, and he actually told me he hadn't gone up stairs.

Other hauntings by JoeEspinoza

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JoeEspinoza, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hallyberrybro (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Sorry it took me so long to write back, weird stuff has been happening. I think maybe it's just a harmless ghost making itself known. I wouldn't think to much about it unless other things have happened. If so I would love to know.
JoeEspinoza (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Thanks hallyberrybro, maybe you can give me an advice, a use to freeze when I use to wake up, this use to happen like one year ago. What do you think it was?
JoeEspinoza (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Yeah that's the first thing I did, went inside my room and covered myself with a blanket. Its only happened once in my life.
x77 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
If I were you, I Would come back my room, lock the door, covers myself with a blanket. 😊
ashville (3 stories) (42 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
I know that feeling... It is very eery. I used to stay with my dad before I moved out about 4years ago, and I remember for years... Some nights I would hear these footsteps, but very soft... That almost sounded muffled in my ears...but...they were soft thuds... From the bottom of the passage, and they would come all the way up to my door... Then stop, then I would hear them desend back down again... And this would carry on until I litrally just fell asleep.

Alot of odd things happened in that house, and around me used to happen that, even though I was always interested in it all and aware of it, I kept brushing it off. Now, I have realised, that I have never heard those "footsteps" anywhere else, and taking into account all the little things that I sensed thought, doubted...before...I now know for certain that something was padding up and down all night, and it was not my imagination.
hallyberrybro (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
Very creepy. Maybe it was a spirit making its daily route when it was alive or just making itself known. Still very creepy I wouldn't of even had the courage to scream. I would love to hear more of your stories if you have any and I'm here for any advice on the paranormal world. Any questions just ask. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: