You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Little Girl

Real Ghost Stories

My Little Girl

 

I've previously written of my experience with a room we remodeled in the house I now live in. In the previous post I mentioned a few others who "lived" with me, but they aren't really living. There are three others, but I think I'll start with my little girl because she's been with me the longest.

Last spring (2011) during our break a friend of mine went to Arizona. When she came home a week later she had gifts from "out in the desert." When we got to school she gave me a little baggy with some stones and shells in them. "I found them on a walk through the desert. I don't know, I just thought you'd like it." As I looked through it, some of the items looked like pottery more than stone, so I started going through some of my old notes (I'm an Anthropology minor in college) and decided I needed to go have these things looked at. When I took them to the anthropology department, they told me that two of the pieces of "stone" in the baggy were indeed pottery, and they didn't think she had just found it "in the desert." If that was the case and she had taken it from a site, it was technically "pot hunting," which is illegal. My only saving grace was that they could not prove what happened or where it was from, so they did nothing about it. I was able to keep my baggy of stuff, so I took it home and put it by my bed. Now, I was not the only one that had this, my roommate also got a baggy.

Once we took those baggies home (at this point and time we were in an apartment that we shared with two other girls that we barely knew) things began to happen. We were hearing voices, seeing people-shaped shadows, and my roommate started having horrible nightmares. I, on the other hand, had strange dreams about a little girl. There were a few nights where I had nightmares, but I always had at least one dream about a little girl. Things would be misplaced in my room, or they would be missing. The next day or a few days later my things would be right back where I had left them. I even found little fingerprints on things. I wasn't scared, but my roommie was really upset. My roommate finally had to get rid of her baggy because she couldn't take it anymore, and I decided to put my baggy of shards in another room so that maybe I'd get a little peace and quiet in my dreams. I was so very wrong.

That night I had a very vivid dream. A little girl was sitting curled up with her knees to her chest, her braid hung down her back and swished a little as she rocked. I could her hear her crying, I walked over to her and she looked up at me. She spoke in a language I couldn't understand when I was awake, but in the dream she clearly said to me, "Why did you leave me alone? It's so dark now, and I'm so lonely. I was safe with you, you kept me by where you sleep. I've been alone for so long. They left me, but you found me. I wasn't alone anymore. I was safe, but now it's so dark and I'm scared. Please don't leave me alone anymore. I'm sorry."

I jerked away crying and had the guiltiest feeling ever. It was as if I could still hear her crying. So I quickly jumped up and went into the dining room/kitchen area where I had left her. I picked my baggy up and whispered, "I'm sorry" to her and carried her to my room. I put her back on my bedside table and went back to bed. As I fell asleep I heard, "Thank you" and I felt a small hand brush over my cheek.

That wasn't the only time I heard from her. Some nights I would hear a giggle, and in the morning little things would be misplaced as if a little child were being mischievous. She even liked to pull my covers off some nights. I'd be asleep then I'd feel something, wake up and my covers would slowly get pulled off of me (those nights were sometimes a little annoying when I would have a tug of war to keep the covers).

Even some of my friends would remark about the little girl they saw hanging around our apartment. (Let me be very clear that it was impossible that it was a real child. For one, no one could have gotten into my room because I dead bolted the door and am a very light sleeper. There was also the fact that there were NO children in our apartment because it was an apartment of 4 college girls who had no children.)

When we moved to this new house, I brought her with me. I've had dreams of her telling me that she liked her new home, but when we began having issues with the "bad man," as she called him, she told me about how mean he was and that she didn't like him. I could feel a sense of fear anytime I held the shards in my hand. My little girl told me how she tried very hard to keep him away from my part of the house, but he was just too "mean" and "bad".

One night I heard her running around the house and when I let the dogs out of the room they ran to where I heard her. Next thing I know the dogs are making their happy noises and I could hear giggles. When I went to see who was here (because my roommates do have siblings and nieces who could have possibly been here), it was only my dogs in the living room, and they were looking up some (about the height of a young child) and dancing around on their back feet trying to play.

She still likes to move things around, and since we got rid of the "bad man" in the back room my little girl is much happier. She's even made herself known to a few visitors. They have seen, heard, and felt her. I don't think I could ever part from her. I've even had several offers for people to "send her on her way," but every time that it's happened she's come to me and told me that she doesn't want to leave because she's safe. The day that she says she's ready to go I'll send her on, but until then she's safe with me.

As I said, she's just one of the few that inhabit this house, so I'll be posting about my other two friends if you would like to hear about them.

Other hauntings by The_Raven

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, The_Raven, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
yes, please do. I think that would be best. I think you gave the girl a very much needed, fun vacation tho 😆 ❤
The_Raven (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
I don't know what part it was from. I do understand how upsetting and what it can do. Far more than you think I do. If you feel that this might be the best thing to do I will contact her family that live not far from where she got the pottery and get them to put it back.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Um please send those things back to AZ. You can use my address and I can put them back. Do not ever, ever, ever take items from the desert out here unless you know they are rocks for sure. There is a lot of things in this desert and they have a balance and you can't do that. That little girl needs to come home to her tribe. Imagine what her family is doing!

Please put them back. You can't remove items from our desert. I know you love her and I am sure she is fond of you. But you don't understand the delicate dynamic we have with the tribal native indians on this land. Any tpye of unease is not worth it to the residents who are near where that pottery was found. She is not yours to keep. Please put her back in the desert where her home is. I can't emphasize enough how any slight change will upset the native indians.

Where was your friend when she found those? By Tuscon? Jav would need to put it back. If it was north by Phoenix I can do it. But you can't harbor one of the indians in your home. Oh my god, I've never heard of this turning out well. I know people who have taken things like that and they are fine for a few years and then others come looking. The spirits out here of the indians are attached to the land they lived on. Her soul belongs in this desert. She is apart of it.
The_Raven (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
She and I have spoken on her leaving, but she has always seemed so upset at the thought. I worry about her, but I'll look into sending her on her way. I'm just hesitant to force her especially if there is a reason she stays (she was alone before, her family hurt her). She's never mentioned going to find her family or missing them, but I think I'm going to sit and have a talk with her and see if we can work it out.
Isis80 the "bad man" is a dark entity that was bothering the entire house during a rennovation. Once the rennovations were complete he seemed to be gone, but I salted and saed the house just to be safe.
Thank you all for your time.
crystalbell1 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
What a sweet spirit! I would be scared of her at first but, I would soon get use to her:)
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
She doesn't sound like she misses her family... Has she ever mentioned wanting to find them? Sounds like she's content with you. I wonder if they hurt her or abandoned her and that's why she was alone for a long time? Hmm I guess she'll go find them if she can, or wants to. And wow...that's amazing! I had some idea of spirits before but I never knew that they could get so close to you. Good thing, in this case, she seems very sweet.
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
How did you manage to get rid of the bad man that was scaring her?
Yakolives (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
Very sweet spirit. You probably won't want to hear it, but I also agree that she must have family waiting for her in the other side.
She needs to let go and follow the light. This world is not for her anymore. Thank you for sharing:)
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
I really like that story, did you ever try to talk to her, and hear her story no why she's attached to the baggy. Maybe there she something you can help her with, so she can go into the light. But if you can't I glad she at lease feels safe with you. Thank you so much for you story and hope to hear more from you.
GIRLIE ❤
meshxD (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
beautiful story! Its good to hear that she's safe with you...
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
What a sweet story. I know you love her and she loves and feels safe with you, but I think its time for her to move on. She probably has parents or other loved ones waiting for her on the other side, and its only right that she is reunited with them. If you truly love her like you say you should do what's best for her. Thank you for sharing.
The_Raven (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
I was scared of her at first, but now I'm used to her, and oddly enough I love her. She's sweet and playful. When she does something at night I just say little one... No mam, I'm sleeping. She generally stops.
AllieAllison (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
thats sweet she must be some how "part" of the pottery or something. Shes just a playful spirit, you should ask her name. 😁 that way if she annoys you like at night with the covors of takes things you need you can just say in a silly but stern voice "no _____ could you please give me back ____ or i'm trying to sleep could you please stop it.
She obviously cares about you and now you love her that's why she keept the "Bad man" away from you.
I wish I had a little playful spirt too but I would be scared at first.
marisa1818 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
she sound very sweet to try to keep that bad man away from you. After reading this I kind of wanted to cry ❤ 😭 😁
WildHeart (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
That's really nice of you to let her stay:) I would have probably been scared of her:P

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: