You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Jesus Is My Saviour

Real Ghost Stories

Jesus Is My Saviour

 

My name is Alexander. I'm 23-years-old and I live in London.

I started having sleep paralysis in my first year at Drama school, in my halls of residence. I could describe the numerous episodes, but I was prompted to write down the most recent and most vivid one to date, which I had a couple of days ago.

I woke up from a negative dream, to find myself on my back on my bed in my room in my flat in London. Immediately I was aware of this dark presence, a slimline figure hovering to my left as if at my bedside. Because I've had a few of these experiences, I was like "Oh, here we go again!" Like always, I couldn't move anything but my eyes and always frustratingly the dark figure is just out of reach from locking onto "it" fully. But like everyone else in this situation, I can still use my mind. And because I have faith, the first automatic response from me was, and always is, to pray.

This "being" was chanting over me, which had the essence of black magic or voodoo, and I felt a sensation in my stomach area as he did this. It clawed at me and scratched at my shoulder/chest area. It wasn't painful, but more like an unpleasant or undesired one. I said directly to it confidently and satisfyingly, in my mind, "Jesus Christ is my Saviour." At this, he said back the word "Jesus" in a acknowledging but kind of fed up response. Then it lifted and retreated to what I felt was the floor of my bedside.

I have been in a negative state recently as far as anger, drugs, sex etc, and I fully believe I attracted some negative energy. Yes, sleep paralysis has scientific explanations but the spiritual experiences cannot be passed off as "hallucinations." They have real substance of lucidity, such as me thinking this is real and me then telling it to "f" off, in a way!

I know from experiences there are higher realms, but sadly also lower realms, which can sometimes penetrate into our realm. I would like to conclude that my call of help to Jesus was an effective and powerful one. So my message to people who experience these nasty minutes with an "evil" presence is to know you're not alone and help is there in your soul and the direct connection to God is never lost.

Alex:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, barale, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
i am pleased that you were able to use your strength to get rid of this being. It appears that is understood Jesus so I am thinking that this spirit was possibly human once. Maybe it was a practicing witch or something. It may be that you moved into its house. If I were you I would continue to pray because it gives you strength and put up defenses around you, your family, friends, and your house. At least that is what my husband does when he throws up the white light. He is able to tell if something passes it. There are not many beings that can get through. I have allowed my demon friend and all of his friends free rein of my house when they stop over for a visit so my husbands light accepts them. They have no bad intentions that's why I believe they can get through.

But anyways for you I would continue to pray to keep this away from you. I feel your pain about SP. I get it from time to time and I can determine if its from a medical issue like taking any medication to close to bedtime or something paranormal.
barale (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Thanks for the comments guys;).

I know that as soon as the topic of Jesus is mentioned in situations in life, it's met with some negativity, but I thank you all for your open minded atttudes. I don't believe it is important to belong to any religion, just as along as people are kind to one another. That's all Jesus taught. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
granny - your uncle is a very wise man. Yes indeed sometimes the answer is no and therein lies the problem for a lot of people. No is not always the answer we want to hear 😉 Even if it is for the best.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Miracles: Words of wisdom from my uncle: "Prayers are always answered, but sometimes the answer is 'no'"...
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Barale,
I applaud you for your conviction.
Mods,
I applaud you for displaying the proper latitude for this story to be presented.
Andrea,
I don't know you and I do not know your connection to God. All I know is mine. I do not know if this applies to you or not, but I find that too many people want too many things right away, this instant; and when they are not rewarded within the timeframe they feel is appropriate, they give up. I am not accusing you of this, but it is worth considering, no matter how strong your faith. God can and does perform miracles instantaneously, daily... But if it takes some time, even a lifetime to see his magic; when it happens, you will know why and understand it was worth waiting for.
I wish you the best with everything you need in this life, and hope to meet you in the next.

Lou
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Andrea22 - what works for one person and doesn't work for another is the intent behind it.

If I pray and I don't believe in God, but I'm praying because I've read and been told that God answers prayers, but I expect God to answer my prayer anyway...well, who knows? Maybe my prayer will get answered, and maybe it won't. But because I don't believe, my mind is already set on it not getting answered because I don't believe in God; therefore, I don't believe in the power behind praying for His help or that He is going to answer my prayer.

But if I believe in God? And I'm not just calling on Him one time to get me out of a situation that I fully intend on going back into after He bails me out? If I believe that He hears every prayer I make, even the small ones? I believe that prayer will be answered. But there are always unanswered prayers. It's not up to us to figure out why. People who believe in God, and their faith has never faltered, have gone to their graves with unanswered prayers. It's because they believe.

My little boy has a breast cancer ring. Just a cheap pink rubber ring that he got when we went to a Breast Cancer Benefit for a friend of mine. He sleeps with it on his finger because he believes it will keep bad dreams away. He doesn't have bad dreams, so to him... The ring works.

It's complete faith and believing in something that makes it work. The faith of a child. 😊
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Prayer definately helps! Even when I start to feel scared a meaningful prayer truely does make me feel safe again! Thank you for your story!
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Best title i've seen on here, I'm glad that Jesus saved you from this spirit.

Thank you for sharing
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Interesting...I'm an open minded person but I've honestly never trusted prayer. Simply because one minute someone will say it helped and then someone else will say they felt darkness and prayer seemed to do nothing for them. As for myself...it's never helped me although I gave it an honest shot (with praying to Jesus). But if it you feel you have overcome darkness through it then that's good!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
Miracles: I agree 😊...I hope it shows that just because we chastise sometimes for being "preachy", we're not "anti-Jesus" or "anti-Christian"...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
I have to say something. When I edited this story, I was a little apprehensive because I wondered a couple of things:

1) What would the reaction be to the title of the story?

2) Will the first comments be positive or negative?

I'm very, very happy. That's it. I know it's impossible and unrealistic to hope that all the comments will be respectful like these first two, but thank you moravian and pratekya for at least getting the story off to a good start.
pratekya (29 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
Right on man. This is good evidence of the power of the name of Jesus; however on this site a lot of people are tolerant of everything but Jesus. My response is usually to ask if they will try using Jesus as a savior figure as a sort of scientific experiment.

The proof is in the results; if Jesus is the real deal he can save you from evil spirits. If he is fake/whatever then he can't. It's good to hear of someone willing to give him a shot. Note I'm not saying one should join a religion or a church or something.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
Alex, thanks bro as this is an inspiration to read. Have had similar experiences.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: