You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Fingers Running Through My Hair

Real Ghost Stories

Fingers Running Through My Hair

 

I just wanted to share a true story of my first paranormal experience. I've had many experiences throughout my life. I don't know where to start so I will just start at the beginning with the first one.

I was approximately 5 or 6-years-old at the time. It occurred in the home that I grew up in. It was night time and I was in my room alone in the dark laying in my bed trying to go to sleep. I was laying on my right side facing the bedroom wall when I felt a hand tenderly run it's fingers through my hair. At first it didn't scare me. I thought that it was my grandmother or mother because that is something that they would have done. As soon as I felt it, I instinctively rolled over to see who it was and nobody was there. That scared the hell out of me.

I remember being so scared and I pulled the blanket over my head. I wanted to run out of the room and go to my parents' bedroom for help, but I was too scared pull my head out from underneath the blanket. I remember that I thought that if I did I might actually see whatever it was that touched me. There is no way that someone could have done it and left the room that fast. I rolled over in a split second. My brother's room was next door to mine.

Years later my brother told me that he was lying down on his bed in the afternoon and felt someone tap him on the shoulder. I thought that was interesting because I never told him about what happened to me until he told me his experience.

I've had many more paranormal experiences throughout my life but that is the only experience that I had in that house and I never saw anything paranormal in that house except for that touch. It was strange and I don't understand it but now that I'm older I understand that it wasn't a malicious act. I feel like it was more like someone watching over me.

Other hauntings by k416jp

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, k416jp, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
k416jp,
The first impression you had, that it was your mother or grandmother, is your best clue. As you know now that it wasn't anything to be afraid of, so you knew then as well. Until the point where you rolled over to discover there was no one there, your assumption was based on the feelings the gesture invoked. That has me wondering if perhaps this was a relative who had passed. The gesture was one of a sweet and loving nature. The fact that it was a one time event is another clue. Once you found that you were alone in the room, you became afraid and hid beneath the blankets. Once your fear became apparent, that was the end of that. What (or who) this was may never be known, but from the way it reacted to your fear, I'm guessing it was a relative.
Thank you for sharing, this brought back a memory of an event in my life very similar to yours.

Jav ❤
k416jp (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
It felt so normal as if someone just ran their fingers through my hair once. It was so weird. Nobody in my family passed away in that house or anybody that I'm aware of. I do remember my brother and I digging in the backyard when we were kids and finding broken pieces of pottery and polished turquoise stones deep down in the ground. I believe they were things left behind from Native Americans that lived there along time ago. Maybe it's related to that somehow. Thank you so much for your input. I'm looking forward to posting more experiences soon.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
hi did anyone of your relative died before in that house. It trying to notify its precence.
Great thing is it didn't harmed you. Is that first time you felt these precense?

GOD BLESS YOU.
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Did the presence feel cold or more of like a pressure? I had a similar experience...
ashville (3 stories) (42 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Hi k416jp. Sounds super creepy, but like you say, you can see now that whoever or whatever that was, meant no harm. Look forward to hearing some more of your stories.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: