You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Doppelganger On My Brother's Bed

Real Ghost Stories

A Doppelganger On My Brother's Bed

 

This happened about a year ago. One night after I got home from school, I went straight to our room, which my brother and I share. We have a bunk bed adjacent to the door, and when I entered our room, I found my brother on the upper bunk, facing the wall. I thought he was already asleep, so I never bothered turning the overhead light on, instead, I used the small lamp on my computer table parallel to the bunk bed.

After a minute, as I prepared to take a night bath, I heard him giggle, I looked at him wondering if he was laughing in his sleep, or if he was still awake just reading something in his cellphone. "gising ka pa pala." (so you're still awake) I said to him, but he didn't reply. I grabbed my towel and went to the bathroom. When I got there I found the door locked. I knocked and asked who was in there, and to my surprise, I heard my brother answer from inside.

At first I couldn't believe what was happening. I just stood there in front of the bathroom door, and shifted my eyes to look at our room's door. Something was telling me I have to go back in our room and see again if there really was someone on my brother's bed, but after I returned in our room, the person I saw there before was already gone.

I told my brother that night what just happened but he didn't believe me. Next morning I told our mom while we were having breakfast. That's when she told us that sometimes during the day, when my brother and I are at school, she could hear noises from inside our room like someone opening and slamming the cabinet doors, footsteps, and one time she said she even heard the starting tone of Windows XP, but when she went inside to check if either me or my brother had returned home, she would only be surprised to learn that she's alone in the house.

Other hauntings by karpkarpkarpmagikarp

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, karpkarpkarpmagikarp, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-19)
There's a saying that if you saw your own Doppelganger, you will die. Is that true?
Nhikscxzy (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-24)
This is really creepy! I am also from the Philippines and this one is one of the creepiest. More powers to you and Godbless 😊
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-10)
wow... Great story. That really gave me the shivers. & not many stories on here do that to me... That story did what it was supposed to do... Verygood
marls2001 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
😲 😲 😲 freaky that happened to me once, I think, what happened is I saw my
Uncle arrive in my house and he said "hey! Marley."
(my name) then he added "take this." gave me a bottle
Of flavoured water that was strawberry flavoured.
"ok marley catch you later" he said-which was quite wierd
Because he was never this enthusiastic, very prank like
And fun, but not that enthusiastic. Anyway I drunk the flavoured water. The next day me and my family
WENT TO SEE MY UNCLE ARRIVE IN TOWN! I was shocked
And asked him why he went out of town after the day before, he said he never came to our house and had only just arrived, I couldn't explain it because my
Auntie said the same thing as my uncle...
karpkarpkarpmagikarp (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
mrfear672india - entity who takes the form of other human is called doppelganger, but according to our folklore, most times it's just the memory of a living person.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
hi iam venu from india.
In our country people saw and believe that there are ghost called (mohini) they have power to take shape any human being.

I don't know what they called in your country. Your story somewhat relates to these.

God bless... Take care.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
hi iam venu from india.
In our country people saw and believe that there are ghost called (mohini) they have power to take shape any human being.

I don't know what they called in your country. Your story somewhat relates to these.

God bless... Take care.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
I just read your other story, and something tells me that this may have been the person on your brother bunk bed.

Thank you for sharing
karpkarpkarpmagikarp (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
rstahley - no, last january I saw a boy pass through a solid wall, read my second story. But aside from those, no.
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Wow, that is very scary! Is this the only time you have experienced a strange occurrence in your room? I know you mentioned that your mother had frequently heard things.
karpkarpkarpmagikarp (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
thank you for reading

Redph - now that you mention it, i'm not sure if the boy on my brother's bed has the same height as my brother, it's not easy to tell how tall a boy is if he's not standing. The boy's giggle sounded similar to my brother's. The clothes the boy was wearing seemed like one of my brother's own clothes. I weren't able to see his entire head because the edge of the top bunk casts a shadow over the boy's head.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
are you sure that was your brothers exact replica? That is what a doppelganger is. The exact copy. Since it was late and dark you may not have seen it correctly. It could have been the ghost of a little boy.
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Its strange, I too, often see or smell my mother around the house or wherever I am. I hope its not an omen...
misstee4 (21 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
That's really scary, I would never step foot back in that room alone again! Anything paranormal taking the form of an actual person is just too freaky. My 11 year old daughter came into my room a few months ago looking at me confused and asked if I had gone to the bathroom before. I told her no (I was actually laying down getting a footrub from my older daughter) and she told me she saw me about 15 minutes before walking out of my room and into the bathroom wearing the same clothes I was wearing at the moment. I guess when she didn't hear any noise in the bathroom or see me come back out, she looked and saw I wasn't even in there and that's when she came to my room and questioned me. Good story though, gave me chills!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: