You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Late Night Intruders

Real Ghost Stories

Late Night Intruders

 

My mother's side of the family has always been "sensitive". A lot of uncles and aunts and my grandfather would tell stories of their experiences. 

I haven't experienced paranormal activity as much as other family members, but I do have a few stories. I'll start with my favorite one. 

One night about 5 years ago I was 18. I was staying over at a friends house, Pat. He had his bedroom in the basement of his brothers house. There was a laundry room in his room as well. There was a huge book case which he used as a tv stand and as a wall between the laundry room and his area. You cannot see the door leading to the laundry room behind the book case but it didn't reach the ceiling.

I was sitting on the couch watching tv around 1 am. Pat was asleep on his bed. I heard what sounded like a door opening and I noticed a light go on in the laundry room and I saw the light and a shadow on the ceiling that looked like a man's shadow. I don't know why but, I forgot that was a laundry room. I thought, at that moment, it was a bedroom and a relative or friend was staying there (even though I had been in that room before) and I was kind of nervous to have to say hi while Pat was sleeping. Then I heard footsteps, loud footsteps, like as if he was wearing boots, and a small dog barking and then I heard the dog start walking. I could see the shadow of the man moving on the ceiling, but I never saw a shadow of a dog or anything else. The footsteps kept coming and then they stopped and it sounded like the dog was eating.

I could still only see one shadow of a person on the ceiling. At that point, when the footsteps stopped and the noise of a dog eating was the only noise besides the tv, I froze. It's like all of a sudden I knew I wasn't supposed to be seeing or hearing this. I sat on the couch just numb waiting for something to come out at me. Then the footsteps started again and the shadow began to go back towards the laundry room. Once it got there it turned off the light (I could even hear the switch) and closed the door.

I got up and jumped into Pat's bed and the first thing I asked is " why didn't you tell me someone was staying in that room?" and obviously his response was " what?". I told him what had happened, what I saw and what I heard. He asked me if I remembered that the room was a laundry room and that's when I started realizing that, yes I do remember that, and no, there is no way I just saw what I saw. So the next morning, after making my friend stay awake until I fell asleep, he showed me that the door to the laundry room couldn't even close because of a few wires he had crossing into his room from the laundry room.

I don't know what it was, but I was told no one had ever experienced anything unusual in that house and my story was the only incident they had ever heard of. I wasn't scared of this presence. I was more afraid of having to explain who I was while Pat was asleep. I was scared after though, When I remembered that the room was a laundry room, I was scared then. I never stayed there again and I never slept in the dark again. 

Anyways. This is my most closest encounter. I have had other experiences that I hope to write about as well but this is the only one where I knew without a doubt, nothing "natural" could have created what I saw and what I heard and that I had just seen a paranormal entity. 

Other hauntings by NoelAni_lizbee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NoelAni_lizbee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
Very interesting story here, NoelAni_lizbee. That would've freaked me out as well!. I am having to agree with shellzy and redphx on this one, about it being a type of residual haunting.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
I agree with redphx, I think this could have been a residual haunting. Perhaps a former resident that has since passed over feeding his dog in the laundry room?

I can understand that you would have been quite scared at the time! Thanks for sharing
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
this to me sounds like a residual haunting. An event that takes place because certain energy impressions are left behind but they can't see you and you can't interact with what is going on. Though it may be an intelliegent haunting. But based on the facts of the story given I can't make that conclusion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: