You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Experiences In Our House

Real Ghost Stories

The Experiences In Our House

 

This is a small collection of quite big events that happened in my house a couple of years ago. I've been sensitive to all this kind of stuff my entire life. I'm writing to simply gather opinions on what this all could be and mean. I will note that my mother went through the house and got rid of everything so we no longer had problems. However, lately things have started up again. I am 18, 19 in about a week so just so you know.

I'll give you a basic layout of my house. It's split level, 2 storeys on one side, single storey on the other. As you walk in there is an open arch way to the lounge to your left, a door to the study on your right and straight ahead is another open arch way into the kitchen/dining area. Off of the dining area (which is all open) are the two sets of stairs. One going up to the three bedrooms and bathroom area whilst the other goes down to a big entertaining room, laundry and garage. Now you have that, we can start.

My house always has and probably always will somewhat creep me out. I constantly feel like I'm being watched, I see things out of the corners of my eyes, I hear things and I feel like I'm being touched. These things occur during both the day and night, I normally experience most of this when I'm alone.

In my room, I have a walk in wardrobe and ever since I was little I've always slept with it closed. I've never really known why, I just always do, it became a habit for me. I believe I was about 16 when I decided to start sleeping with it open again. The first few nights were completely fine but I moved my bedroom around and that was the night that things got interesting.

I was laying in bed in complete darkness except for the faint street lights that shone in. I was facing the wall and I turned over. My eyes were open and I looked up into my wardrobe. There was a young boy standing in there, staring at me as I stared back. That wasn't the thing that creeped me out though, the big dark shadowy figure behind him did. I have no idea what it was but I knew it was bad and I knew that it was the thing that's always in my house.

I rolled back over really quickly and tried to just go to sleep. I felt someone then crawl onto my bed and lay down next to me. I was too scared to turn around and see what it was so instead I fell asleep to someone playing with my hair and touching my back. It was the little boy and from that point on he seemed to be comfortable around me.

I'd always see him walking around the house, along with a few other spirits we seemed to have. There was another young boy who would simply walk across the upstairs hallway in front of all the bedrooms, an older lady who I had seen on many occasions thinking it was my mother from corner of my eye and a small white fluffy dog who I constantly saw running through my house, it even brushed against my leg once.

I wasn't the only one who saw him, I had a whole group of people one time and we were downstairs. We decided to go upstairs for some reason and the little boy from my room was at the top of the stairs. We all freaked out and ran back, it was so crazy.

The next two events I'm going to tell you about are not about the little boy, but the thing behind him. Both of these events occurred whilst I was with my best friend at the time, Stacey. We had always been creeped out by the things that happened in my house and she doesn't really seem to enjoy coming over anymore.

The first event happened one night when we were home alone. I would have been 16/17 and she would have been 17/18. We were laying in the lounge room, just turned off the tv and decided to sleep. It was completely dark again except for the street lights shining in. I could feel something watching us and whatever it was, it terrified me. I told myself not to open my eyes, to just fall asleep but for some reason my eyes jumped open. I saw a tall dark figure standing under the open arch, it was so scary I wanted to cry. I don't know what it was but it just seemed really evil. I closed my eyes again and somehow just fell straight asleep.

The second event was when her and I were sleeping downstairs, but this time my brother and my dad were both upstairs in their rooms with the doors closed. Once again we had just turned off the tv and were getting ready to sleep. It was at that point we heard something run down the stairs coming from upstairs and slam straight into the table we have in the kitchen area. At first I kind of thought it was my dog, it ran down super quickly but it was really hard like stomping. I don't know why but I convinced myself it was my dog and decided to go upstairs and call for him.

It was completely dark upstairs and as I looked, I heard my dad say something to my dog in his room. This scared me and went upstairs into my brothers room and asked if he had been downstairs, but he was fast asleep. I ran back downstairs and told Stacey that everyone was in their rooms. We were terrified but we went to sleep.

I told my Dad what had happened the next morning and he said he had heard it too but assumed it was us doing something. The chair that was next to the stairs had been pushed under the table, obviously by whoever had slammed into it.

I'm not the only person in my family to experience, I guess you could say the terror, that whatever was in out house has caused. My mum, who has a lot of interesting stories herself, says she wakes up occasionally and can feel someone standing over her, watching her sleep. She also has heard children that sound like my brother and I calling her name out when no one else was home.

My Brother, who would have been around 10 at the time, used to wake up every night scared and go sleep on the floor in my parents room. We found out that every night he would wake up and from his room he could see straight downstairs and down into the kitchen area only to see a black figure. Each night he would wake up and it would be closer and closer. He eventually moved his bed and started sleeping with the door closed so it stopped.

Hopefully any of you can give me an insight to what this could have been, that would be wonderful. We built the house so there's nothing that happened in the house. I believe that it's either the land (which was a new development area where no one had lived) or attached to someone in the house. I also understand that there may be logical explanations for some of this, I'm just gathering the opinion of the other users of this site. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sarabunny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Just because its a new development now doesn't mean that it wasn't at some time inhabited. It only takes a few years for land to become overgrown with folliage. It is an interesting story. I hope things go well for you and the peaceful ghosts, and that you can rid your household of the dark, scary figure.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
From what you describe, it sounds like the activity is most likely centred around a person, perhaps you, your brother or mother. There may also be a vortex or doorway on you property or in your home through which spirits pass on their journey from this life to the next (and perhaps back again?). I don't know what the theory is behind why vortexes exist at certain locations, but there could be physical aspects to it (e.g. The type of rock and soil, magnetic fields, etc.), and perhaps they occur even at places like yours that seem relatively "new" in the sense that they haven't been inhabited for long and haven't seen much history. I don't know what to suggest other than cleansing and/or firmly setting some boundaries about what you will tolerate in your own home from these visitors. I'm unsure if this will work with the shadow figure, though. As for "logical" explanations, I was wondering about how you said you are seeing shadows frequently after turning off the TV. If you are watching TV in a darkened room and you suddenly turn off all the lights, this can cause your vision to go wonky for a bit while your eyes adjust. This could explain some of the shadows, but I don't think all. Try not to let your fear get the better of you so that you can approach these situations logically. It doesn't sound like these visitors have been harmful, although they have scared you. If the shadow figure is evil, fear is probably counter-productive (although easier said than done to control it). Just remember there's no evidence so far that it can harm you in any way.
sarabunny (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
Thank you to everyone for replying.
I've had a bit more of a look into the history of the land and found some interesting things. Originally was inhabited by Aboriginals then became European settlement before lots of farm land. The child that walks across the hallway looked as though he was always dressed in older style clothes so he could have been from the settlement or farm.
I will be cleansing the house when no one else is home and I have the chance to do so.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
Cleanse the house. Thats more important. You said your mother did it once and there was no problem for some time. If it had returned again, then you must cleanse the house once more. I also feel like others that it has got something to do with the land property, probably some accident where the entire family died with the dog. I don't think it is a suicide because the dog factor rules it out. Cleanse the house. In many of the stories rookdygin has given clear instructions as to how to cleanse the house and yourself. Do it and if it recurs despite cleansing, contact some experts and better be fast before it starts harming you. God be with you.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
I think something has happened on the property. It is very easy for an entire household to perish in an accident or a fire or something.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Interesting stories. My one question would be this; You say you see a white fluffy dog, then say you also have a dog. What kind of dog do you have? Dependng on the size of the dog, that could be your noise issue. As far as the people, well that's anyones guess really. I highly suggest researching the land, as you may find your answer. Good luck.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
according to your storey there are child, old women, tall men and a dog I think they all belong to one family who have suicide may be accident do you bless your house properly. Keep cross with you always enquiry about past of that area, I pray god they should not harm you.

(om namah shivaya)

GOD BLESS YOU.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: