You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Red Eyed Lady

Real Ghost Stories

The Red Eyed Lady

 

Like my first story, this one also is related to my father. My father never spoke about it. I heard it from my mother and late grandma few years ago.

It was 1989 when my father got an attachment posting to a Naval Air Station in Vizag (it happens to be the HQ of Eastern Naval Command of Indian Navy). We moved along. We had to setup residence in a rented property (the posting not being a proper IAF Air Station, my father had a lower chance of getting official quarters over Naval personnels).

Vizag those days was sleepy little town just entering a phase of development, so most new/modern residential areas were like a spread of some good house/mansions, huts of poor people and vacant plots.

So the house where we lived had a vast expanse of space in front of us in rectangular fashion (750 metres * 1000 metres), long side being roughly 1 KM. The lane in front of us aligned with the short side of the rectangle. The rectangle consisted of a marshland, a little grove and cremation ground. The road across the long side of the rectangle connects the colony at the other end and also separates the grove from the cremation ground. So if we walk from our house to the colony at the other end the cremation ground is on left and the grove on left. Population there was fairly dense...people, vehicles and cattle (yeah its India).

So one evening when my father was talking a stroll along that road he suddenly came across a very old man, that looked like hermit of some sort. Amazingly, the man spoke in English and was also fluent in Sanskrit. The old man asked my father as where he was going and also advised him that evening time is a good time to stay at home along with family. My father certainly felt weird but bade good bye and continued his walk.

The real incident happened few days later. It was late afternoon, just moments after sunset, which means usual daylight. My father was heading back home and he sees a lady in front of him. Very angry and with fiery red (bloodshot) eyes and confronts him. She asks him as why he is there and where he is going. My father immediately gauged (also the realization that he's at a lonely place) what he was confronting and and politely answered that he was on his way home. She angrily tells him to never ever to step there again and disappears. Immediately the surrounding becomes normal, people coming down the road, younsgters speeding their bikes down the road.

After this my father began to lose sleep, getting nightmares (that lady appearing in dreams with that dreaded look), that lady seemingly near during nights etc.

My mother and my father took a short leave to our native place in Bengal to consult some blessed elders. An armlet was prescribed that was to be worn at all time. The problem went away after few months.

PS:

1. I saw that armlet then and didn't understand why it was worn. It became clear only after my grandma explained the reasons.

2. Curious fact is that I used to take that road in the evenings everyday (yes it was 2 months of summer vacations then) and nothing happened. In fact I remember a group of girls running away with a shock on their faces after they suddenly noticed me walking towards them (now I understand what they must have mistaken for).

3. The old man that my father encountered seems to have warned him. And the old man according to me does not seem to be a local entity, rather a gaurdian of sorts

Other hauntings by jester

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jester, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-16)
ah another bong, jester - kudos - geez this place has loads of bengalis -:D... Well, paranormal explanation mostly happens with bengalis or what? (even I am one, so I m just being light humour:) )
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Hi jester,

I don't know wheather that old man is spirit or human being he warned your dad about that ghost lady. I think you saying all saying that old man is spirit, did your dad saw any sign, feature to treat him as a spirit?
ind_83 (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Thanx adsouza for explaining. Great thing done by the moderators, I must say. No need of this kind of person in here.
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Ind83 - TheJourneyman was an a-hole who popped in yesterday to troll on the experience. The mods/ webmaster got rid of him, so you cannot see his comments.
ind_83 (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
The Comments section is always seems very interesting to me, but in this case I am unable to get (understand) some of yours comments regarding "The-Journeyman42"... Who is he, where are his comments which reply you have given... Sorry I mixed it all up 😕
jester (3 stories) (24 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Lilady4 and joshuakeys,

Very simple explanation about the frightened girls.

A.) The stretch of the road is haunted as evidenced by my fathers experience. Also all local people know it too.

B.) While on that road, those girls noticed me very late when I was quite near them coming from the opposite direction so they thought I materialized out of nowhere.

So A and B led them to the conclusion that I was some other worldly thing.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
Very interesting story here, jester. But I must confess that I am finding it hard to understand your story. I don't know why those girls were frightened of you or anything like that?
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
Nice story, but why were the girls running away by looking at you? 😕
jester (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
zzzgranny - I never asked my father and he refuses to discuss this. You're right, the old man could be a spirit.

But there are also higher beings that go around helping.
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
Actually disappointed!
He went away before any of us could really dance.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
😆 I see my deputies have been busy!...I cleaned up his/her comments...

Jester: Am I right in thinking that your father felt the old man was also a spirit?...
sara77 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
hmmm,must have been someones bedtime... Explains why he was a little grumpy and emotional.
Good story and thanks for sharing 😁
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
OMG...what was this guy on about... Aww anyways live long and prosper:D
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
And they never will, if he is any indication. I guess he got tired of treading water. 😆 😆

Jav 😁
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
Went away?
I stepped away for just about an hour! These kids just don't know how to stand and fight...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
Awww! He went away. I wanted to have some fun. 😉

Come out, come out where ever you are... PoP goes the TROLL!

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
[at] The-Journeyman42,
Love the costume kid! But don't you think it's a bit soon for Halloween dress up?
Oh well, we won't have to worry about you much longer anyway. You see, it difficult to hide when you are the only turd in the punch bowl.

Jav

~PS~ Get a shower dude. You reek!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
Such a mature, well thought out reply.

I wasn't questioning your 'civil rights' nor the right for you to express your opinion. I was merely pointing out that your a new member and your flaying around with your 'BS Stick' as if you were the 'absolute authority' in these matters. So I'd like to know just what you think is an 'un-truth' in this individuals experience... Or maybe you'd prefer to share your 'knowledge base' with us.

It's easy for the ignorant to throw stones...

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
The-Journeyman42,

So I see you've been bashing about... Saying some pretty rude things and while your entitled to your opinion we prefer for folks to explain just why they think a particular story is 'shiate' as you put it.

So put up or shut up...Let's see what you've got...

Rook
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
jester: I don't blame him, especially after the nightmares and stuff. Oh yeah, ignore the guy in the corner (Journeyman). He just craves love and attention.
jester (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
The-Journeyman42 - Your comment "I don't understand you. Me english me no understand"

Your "rest in peace" led me this conclusion. I thought it would be rude to point out, so thanks for clarifying.

It must have been a PITA for you to derive some cheap fun in a forum that communicates in English. My sympathies.
jester (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
Jesus_soldier - Thanks. The details of this incident is very sketchy as this is a second hand account from my mother and my late grandma. My dad never speaks about it.
jester (3 stories) (24 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
The-Journeyman42 - Why do you even expect something to make sense when the subject is "super" natural?

Does it ever occured to you that to rationalists not even a single story published here would make sense?

You seem to trying to see sense within your restricted frame of reference.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
jester: This is another good story. Your dad has some very cool experiences. I hope you have some more to publish.

Thank you for sharing 😁
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
In that case, I am glad you got a good laugh. Let's close this chapter now.
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
So move on buddy. If the moderators have selected the 'story' for publishing, there has to be some accountability.

As for you my friend - Why don't you submit a few of your own accounts? You obviously know what a 'load of shiat' for a story looks like, so I for one am sure you will write extremely well.
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
Anytime Jester.

I am familiar with Vizag, and was there for a few months. The girls running away after seeing you is a sight familiar to me as well. Although my reasoning is different.
LOL!
jester (3 stories) (24 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
adsouza - thanks for chipping in. Yes your explanation is correct.

Things being seen by only few people... Being an Indian probably you are familiar that Indian/Vedic astrology says that these things are seen only by people born under certain nakshatras (constellations) or having some badly positioned Moon+Rahu/Ketu (lunar nodes) combination in their charts. Non-Indian readers will not grasp this, so'll leave it here.

Redphx - yeah, it sounds like a time warp. I could be. Only my dad could tell, that too if he had been looking at his watch.

The-Journeyman42 - Your phrase "let him rest in peace"... I think in English language it is used for people that have passed away. Please read the story again.

One advice... There is more in the world than what your own cultural frame of reference can answer/explain you. I always keep that in mind while reading stories from other countries.
adsouza (guest)
+4
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
The-Journeyman42 - I'll quote the moderators, and say this: If you don't like a shared experience, move on. Do not comment as aggressively as you have.

And to add to that you have said "stop blaming your dad let him rest in peace". How do you justify this particular statement?
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Jester:
After reading your other account, I understand this one a little better than I did when I first read it.

Red:
If I understand your comment, you have asked about the warp where the OP mentions his father seeing the lady, and then minutes later everything going back to normal. Of course, the OP would be able to answer this better, but what I think happened was that the lady was visible (for a variety of reasons) only to the OP's father, and not everyone else. And after the lady 'vanishing', the OP's father noticed everything as normal as was before the sighting.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: