You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Tag Playing Kids

Real Ghost Stories

Tag Playing Kids

 

When I was younger, and beginning my rebellious phase, my parents sent me to El Salvador, my country of origin, to straighten up. Of course it was a vacation for me. 

I was 14. My older sister was 15 as was my youngest uncle. My grandparents live in a small village where everyone knows each other. Things are very simple over there. Women should not be out alone after dark type of thing. 

One night one of my older uncles, his name is Ronald, and his girlfriend, Jasmine, were going out to the centre late at night around 11 pm, and they took my sister, Edith, my youngest uncle, Christian, and I with them. In the centre there was usually buses parked in a row. These are the buses that take people from the village to a more major bus stop where they can easily catch another bus to get to the big cities. So all 3 of us were just running around the buses when we noticed a kid that looked around the same age as us, dressed in all black, running away from us, then we saw another kid but this one was dressed in all white running after the other one dressed in black. They looked like they were playing tag.

We of course got curious and decided to investigate a bit more, but we just couldn't keep up to them and kept losing them. So we thought we would just walk in front of all the buses to see where they were.

As we were walking down we saw the both of them come out and run across the street and jump over a border leading to a women's house,  I can't explain it but houses over there they aren't like here. Most people spend there days outside so most houses have like a patio in the front of their home with a cement border so you can't see if someone is ducking in that area. So we decided we would go see them since they were ducking behind the border and hadn't come out yet and there was no where else for them to hide, but when we got there, there was no one there. We were all suprised and ran back to tell Ronald, my older uncle. He laughed it off, but he did tell my grandma. 

I never found an explanation to this. There is a lot of stories of kids dying there in the centre. My grandma is very religious and believes in spirits. She explained it as just spirits of kids joining in our game. Kids that just wanted to play with us, but who knows. 

Other hauntings by NoelAni_lizbee

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NoelAni_lizbee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MizMiMi02 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
I can only hope that it's residual, as I couldn't imagine not being able to help them in some way. I agree with Jav in that it's good they are together if they must stay earthbound. Hopefully someone saw them, and took the necessary steps to try and cross them over.
Charmy (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
It's a little strange that young children were out at 11pm... Even stranger that one was dressed entirely in black and the other white. Maybe your grandmother is right. They could'v just wanted to play with you. Anyhow, brilliant story! Thanks for sharing!

~Charmy ❤
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
I agree with Javelina on this one. It does sadden me to think that these kids haven't crossed over but I guess in time they will.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
NoelAni,
I always worry when I read the accounts about child spirits. It saddens me that they didn't go into the light when it was first offered. Children should never be left behind. As it stands, it isn't clear if they are simply residual energy that has imprinted their images into the environment, or otherwise. Myself, I am hoping they are residual. If not, then I think it is a blessing they are together.

Jav ❤
GhostlyKitty (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Hmm. That's peculiar. Were you all just looking? Or did you turn away or look at each other from time to time? Perhaps if they were real children, they ran away. If they were ghosts, well... I think you get the point.

Have you tried researching the house?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: