You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Stifling Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Stifling Experience

 

My mother was born with a gift\ curse of being able to see both spirts and demons. She is able to differentiate between the two.

My sister and I are both terrified of potentially seeing or hearing anything like that and have made her swear not to tell us when she does. We can however see it on her face when she does so we just pretend its something else. Sometimes I think I see someone out the corner of my eye or in the back of my car, through the rear view mirror but that I can safely say is as a result of shadows and over active imagination.

My experience however was a couple of months ago...

I am a very restless sleeper, I toss and turn and throw the blankets around (will most likely be a cliche when I'm older and married where the husband and wife sleep in seperate beds lol) anyways... I'm not sure exactly when it happened but I thought myself to be awake and staring into the blackness waiting to fall asleep when I looked over to my left and the bed sunk in as if a hand were leaning on the bed. Then I felt a hand stroke my cheek, not cold but more of a pressure. The hand stroked my cheek and moved to my chin, tilting my head slightly back. It then proceeded to put its hand into my mouth, I couldn't breathe but I could close my mouth over it, I opened and close my mouth several times, like a fish would.

It was the weirdest sensastion, I couldn't breathe but I could open and close my mouth, it just felt like someone had blown a forceful wind into my mouth. Or like when your driving with your head out the window and the wind kind of "suffocates" you. I wasn't scared at first but when it wasn't stopping or taking its hand out and I still coulndt breathe I started to panic. I sat bolt upright and called for my mother but was unable to. At this point I could only breathe in, unable to breathe out. Finally I called out for my mother and she came into my room (taking her time, I might ad) as soon as she walked in I was able to breathe again normally.

I then woke up... I was alone in my room and the blankets off my bed. I sat there thinking "what on earth is going on" when my mother walked in. She asked me what was wrong and why I had called her, when she looked to the corner of the ceiling above my bed and asked if I would rather like to sleep in her bed.

I didn't need to be asked twice and lept from my bed and ran to hers. Now, I consider myself to be a mature adult but believe me when I say I felt like a helpless child I was so scared.

My mother however stayed in my room a little longer and came back to her room. I just looked at her, still trying to figure out if I had just experienced something or a dream. She climbed into bed and said I should from now on sleep with a bible next to my bed. I was too scared to ask her anymore and fell asleep.

The next morning I got the courage to ask her and she said she saw the "spirit" when she came into my room. It saw her too and asked her "why are you in my house?" She said she had told it that we had been living there for over 6 years now and that the spirit seems to have passed on. She told me that the spirit said she woke up and I was in her bed.

So that day my mother prayed for the spirit and helped her "cross over", it took me awhile to go back into my room. I'm still scared at night and seem to be tricking myself into feeling like something is still there.

My questions are: 1. Why did she try to suffocate me? 2. Could she have killed me? 3. Does this mean, I too, can now experience Spirits? I truley hope not!

Other hauntings by Siskakes

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Siskakes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
To be honest I don't really know the history, but I do know the previous owner was sent to an old age home as she couldn't take care of herself anymore. Her brother actually lives next door and as far as I know she is still alive...
k416jp (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
That's so strange. Do you know any details about previous owners of the property? I have experiences once in awhile and I feel like it's kind of like seeing a shooting star. You don't know when your going to see it but it just happens real quick.
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
Andrea22 - She never told me much, I didn't really want to know.

Redphx - I agree. If I really was an intruder, suffocating me so gently wouldn't have got the job done.

Thanks, It feels to look at the situation in a humerous way. I feel a lot better about the whole situation 😊
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
how sad for that ghost

If you can't feel the energy when the entities are around you, I don't think you will be able to see them right off the bat. You seem to have put up a blinder to that type of stuff. I would have been able to feel the ghost in my room before it had a chance to touch me.

I'm glad your mom was able to help her out. Otherwise she would have kept bugging you as that was her house first. You were an intruder. It is odd how she decided to handle the situation. LOL. She was squishing your face and moving it around as if she was a doctor checking for spots.
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Hmm that's very strange... Did your mom ever see what it actually looked like? Since she has that gift?
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
In no way do I want to strengthen the gift but I am very aware that it is real. I hear what your saying about the man in the freezer, that's why I'm scared. Hopefully fear doesn't manifest belief!
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Hi there
1. She obviously thought you were an intruder in "her" bed and took the necessary actions? I know I would...
2. I think if you believe something can harm you then yes it can, I have heard a story (Truth Unverified) that a man was locked in a freezer, the freezer wasn't on but he thought it was and died of hypothermia (cold)
3. You might be sensitive to it, but I doubt that if you didn't see the thing that night and you aren't trying to strengthen the gift then you shouldn't worry too much.

Spider

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: