You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: The Shaking Bed

Real Ghost Stories

The Shaking Bed

 

To be honest, I still play with barbie dolls even though I think I'm a bit old for them. But I really don't care. I don't play with them much anymore because I have had a couple of strange doll experiences. The one I will tell you is sort of mind-boggling. Not really, it's just really odd.

I have this box where I keep all my barbies in. Ever since I stored it away under my bed, a really weird thing started to happen. Sometimes my bed starts to shake. Not too violently though. You can't see it happen, you can only feel it. The only person who knows about this is my sister. I tell her just about everything even though she's just a nine year old. I have never been brave enough to actually check under my bed while it is shaking. I am not that courageous, so I don't like to check out stuff. My bed was shaking like crazy last night, it was kind of scary. I am soon going to take out the box and see if my bed still shakes. I don't actually believe that dolls are real, but it still remains a mystery to me.

I will be doing some upcoming experiments and try to search for a logical explanation. Maybe there isn't. Who knows? I also have another doll story to share with you... I'll post it up soon.

Other hauntings by purplequeen12

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, purplequeen12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

covetous (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
Oh my goodness! That last comment was meant for another story. How did that happen?

Well anywho, I do like your story. Only, my bed used to shake too, but I found out I had a heart murmur. I don't want to worry you, but you might want to get a check-up. I'm not trying to be a skeptic, but you gotta take care of your health.

Much love!
covetous (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
Oh and I'd like to clarify my statement "I do not claim to be a 'sensitive'" (since people on this site do so love clarification). I used to believe I was 'a sensitive' until I saw one at work. She could touch an item and see who effected it. She could walk into a room and know what horrible things happened there. I can only experience things (we all do). I cannot 'see' or 'sense' things like 'sensitives' can.
Sorry about the rant! I just want to respect people with real gifts. 😆
GhostTalker13 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-09)
Hey purplequeen12! You and me r sooo much alike! We both are underage for this site! I never new there could be someone younger then me here! I'm 13. Your 12. That's awesome!
lace (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-26)
that happened to me too. It was when I was a tween and my big sister died. My lil' nephew was in the same room sleeping. I rode it out and told my mom. She said it could've been my big sister. P.s. My great grandpaw was a voo doo preacher. My aunt's and uncle's have been enountered by ghosts and demons. I got lucky I say.
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-01)
The most weirdest thing is I can only feel it. When it shakes, my sister sits down on the bed and tells me nothing happened. I'm beggining to think it's my imagination or something, but I don't know what is going on! I'll just ignore this mystery for a while.
xLadyTastyx (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
Wow that really is some story! And really strange maybe it could be a voodoo doll you never know :P maybe you should try going back to see the person who sold them to you they may know something about it ...? You never know but good luck and in the meantime stay blessedxx
Invictus (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
It does, thank you shane, but you say such ability can be regained, I don't have any memories of paranormal as a child, but I guess that I could have forgotten any just putting it away as a dream or nightmare. How does one regain such an ability
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
Invictus, not really, children are most capable of experiencing the paranormal because their little minds have not been polluted by the judgements of society as to what is real and what isn't. Once those judgements begin to take hold, and/or unless the child practices their ablity on a daily basis they are lost. Now that is not to say that they can't be regained it is just more difficult. Hope this answers your question.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Invictus (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
Im curious, would paranormal experiences maybe occur more around maturity? I have read that children are more sucseptable to paranormal expierences, so would paranormal occurances happen more at the point when the childs phsyc is about to die out?
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-25)
Well, Enchantee...

That was a pretty long comment. I understood most of it. I'll try saving up my money to buy a webcam or some other useful gadgets. I'm too afraid to tell my parents, they think ghost sites are for people who like to scare you. Even if I did tell them, they wouldn't believe me. Like I said, my parents refuse to believe in the paranormal stuff. I don't know what to do. I am so confused. My feelings are going out of control... I just don't know how to feel about this. I still need some advice. I hope everyone understands me... Thanks for reading this.
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Hey Thanks Mikomi! I appreciate your comment 😁 It means a lot to me 😁 Have a blessed day 😁

Ceary
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
I agree with Ceary,investigate.If they are haunted ask them what they want and why they are shaking the bed. I know it's weird talking to a bunch of dolls, but I talk to thin air when people are around! Only when it shakes though.
Blessings to everyone,
Mikomi

P.S. To CearysAwsome,I'm such a big fan of your comments! Keep up with the advice!
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Just to let you know, it happens in the day time, too. But mostly at night.
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Thank you for all the great suggestions, everyone. I think I'll try them out. I am still freaked out about this but I'm really used to it now. No, Janice... I don't have a dog. But I do have a cat but I don't think she's the one causing it because I keep checking under my bed and she's not there. I know something freaky is going on with the dolls. I don't want to tell my parents because they refuse to believe in paranormal and all that stuff. I'll defiently keep you all updated...thanks!
pinkpantherclue (5 stories) (24 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
You should try this:

Have 1 of your parents spend the night in your room so they can investigate when it happens.

Take out the box and put it somewhere else and see if it still shakes.

Sleep with your lights on.

Try checking out the bed. Maybe its not the dolls. And where did you get each of the dolls? Maybe the store you bought them at was haunted, that is a possibility.

Make sure you are wide awake when it happens, so you know you arent dreaming.

Try hooking up a webcam or video camera and stick it under your bed and put it on record. Have it record all night long to see what happens. The next morning, check the camera, and see if there is anything on film. If weird things happen like: The camera disappears, everything goes fuzzy, the camera quits working, the film cuts off, or anything else, you know something weird is going on. Try telling your parents so they can check things out.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-22)
Hey purplequeen12, I don't know about dolls being haunted or possessed. I have heard stories of spirits taking over objects and dolls and such, unexplained ones and totally made up ones like Chucky. WEll, it must be really creepy to have your bed shaking and not know what it is, I know I would be really scared. You don't have a dog, right? Keep us updated on your stories, k? Take care and good luck 😉
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-22)
ummm... Not sure what it is... I would put the dolls under another bed and see if the bed shakes... If it does then its the dolls and your bed that have something negative between each other... And by the way make sure that you try atleast two or three different beds and even try your friends house! Try and see then tell us :D

Ceary
Don't burn until you know ;D
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-22)
in response to Kirby,
why would you suggest burning them? Its not like they are evil.
don't scare the poor girl 😠
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-22)
I don't think I'll burn them. I really don't mind the shaking that much anymore.
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-22)
Well... Yup. Your dolls are most likely haunted. If I were you, I'd burn them.
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
You won't believe this, but last night I took the barbies from under my bed and it didn't shake at all! Then I put them back in and my bed started shaking again! Isn't that just strange? 😨
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
Okay, cool. Keep us updated. I'll be waiting. I used to have this china doll. After reading all these stories, I burned it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: