You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Ghost To Watch Over Us

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost To Watch Over Us

 

This is my first of 2 experiences I have had and my first story on this website.

My story is based on my parents property in country Australia. It was the first time my father went to do a camp shear when my events began happening.

My parents' house consists of 5 bedrooms, a bathroom, master ensuit, kitchen and attached laundry. The happenings started the night my father left for his shearing camp. I was in the shower late night when I heard the bathroom door knock. I never thought much of it as my mother knocks to tell me to get out. It was only when I heard my father's voice I was startled. I threw on a towel and opened the door to find all the lights off and everyone gone to bed.

Thinking nothing of it, I got ready and fell asleep soon after.

I woke at around 5 the next morning to my mother crying. Being curious I went to see her. She was curled up like a ball and her blanket wrapped up tight around her. I sat in beside her and asked "What's wrong, Mum?" "Someone is in the lounge room." I checked it out to find the lounge spread with sheets and my younger sister standing by it talking to no one.

The next three nights were still and peaceful. Until the final night before my father arrived home. Mum had gone into town to pick up some take-out for dinner and left me at home to run a muck. I sat playing the play station when the front door opened. Scared as I was, I slammed it then ran into my bedroom and under my covers and heard someone whisper, "It's okay, Mate. I'll be leaving soon." I still remember that voice to this day.

Now whenever I enter my bedroom, I feel as though I'm being watched, but I don't seem to feel fear. It's more of a secure peaceful feeling.

Is it possible I might just have a ghost or guardian angel roaming the house?

Events still happen 3 years on. Only now I get glimpse of a shadow of a man and and hear tunes being whistled much like my great uncle who passed on.

A would like to hear suggestions on what might be going on, or what it might be.

All answers will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nightstalker, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hardsalamibear (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
It might be a nice spirit. Not all are evil. If it won't hurt you and it is comforting it might be a dead family member watching over you! ❤
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
Hmm...sounds like it might be good but then again I find it weird that you heard your dad's voice when he was not home. Did your uncle sound like your dad at all? Was it his great uncle? Because I know sometimes my dad sounds like his relatives. I was thinking that may explain the voice.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
hi night stalker I had one doubt, why these things happened after your dad went out? K you are saying it' your grand uncle. When your uncle had died? When you feel his precence ask him to show sign that he is your great uncle.

I only wish that that whatever it would be should not harm your family.

God bless you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: