You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Think I'm Being Followed By Something

Real Ghost Stories

I Think I'm Being Followed By Something

 

I've always had the feeling that something was around me back to my earliest memory. Heard noises (the occasional voice), seen things out of the corner of my eye, and always the feeling that eyes were on me. I always felt that the place I was living in was haunted.

I am 21 now, I have moved many times, and if I stay in one place long enough I get the same feelings. On occasion throughout life, I would have nightmares of a friend or family member trying to hurt me. The actual pain in the dream is always the same and I am always helpless against it until I wake up gasping for air in a cold sweat. Next, of course, I feel eyes on me and usually feel very afraid. I'm not a person to be scared easily.

In the past month or so, things have been getting worse. My emotions have been going out of control. This is not me at all. I have had extremes in both anger and depression (mostly depression). I'm not exactly the happiest person in the world, but I've always had a positive outlook on life and never had problems with depression after my "growing up" years. Not that those years are far behind, but emotional problems were never a real issue in my life. I bring this up because I know that negative entities can enhance and feed off of negative emotions.

I also occasionally feel something touch me. Usually on my hand, sides, or shoulder. Last night was the climax for all of this except for the "something grabbed me" bit. I woke around 1:30 to a very strong and vile smell. There was no source and the smell quickly faded. I had smelled it before, a few times in the past few weeks, but never this strong.

On the verge of falling asleep, I heard a man's voice as if someone whispered in my ear. Instantly I roused right back up. I thought about it for a few minutes and soon tried to dismiss it. Again, the feeling of not being alone was there and stronger than ever. Again, that same fear that you can't shake and leaves a cold sweat and sends chills up your back. I tried to will myself back to sleep but every time I closed my eyes images of dark beings and acts were all I could see and kept me from falling back to sleep. Demons and ghosts. Murders, fights, and torture. Those are some of the things I had racing through my mind. Finally, when I couldn't clear my head I gave up on sleep and started playing a video game to distract myself. It worked so long as I didn't feel the need to go to the bathroom or kitchen.

I've rambled on long enough. So, what should I do, aside from seeking professional help?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cj90390, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Qua (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
I suspect this could be someone from your past life. Do pray often that this person is able to forgive and let go of whatever that has happened in the past, and that he moves on.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
yeah. I say 3%. Actual demon hauntings are very low.

If you want to talk any lower level entity (that is not a demon but also never a human)

Probably 20% give or take. The others are by ghosts, non-dominated entities, and other energetic beings.

But demons 3%. They don't typically like to stay in one place. They can travel across parallels, over the river and through the woods. They aren't necessarily squaters
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
Redphx: 3%...I was going to ignore this comment, but 3%? I'm not trying to poke at you in anyway. I actually like and respect you, but come on now. I have to strongly disagree with the '3%'.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
granny you are right about that.

Demon haunts I think are only 3% of actual accounts. Lately though I've noticed more activity with them and I think it has to do with the energy shift the entire Earth is having. Everything is unsettled right now and getting worse. We are heading for alignment at the end of this year and that causes a lot of stress physically on the planet. When that happens there is a lot of stress energetically.

I think things that would not be normal are happening. We are heading for the apex. Once the alignments over things will start to shift back into place. But as for now, don't be surprised to hear more stories about lower level beings.

It is very possible that this account isn't a demon demon. It could be any lower level entity. I prefer to say demon because people don't understand the latter.

Good point to make and I'm glad you said it. Demons don't walk around looking for people to haunt. They are very very rare in an actual haunting. 3% like I said.

Most of the time when you see me reply to a story and say demon I'm just classifying lower level entity. Maybe I should just start saying LLE instead.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
Wow, that sounds scary as hell! And I know once something small triggers it off it can quite quickly turn into nightmare disaster. My Grandfather (being a medium in the 50's) told me, if I ever felt threatened by the entity I should at all costs stand up to it and show this aint going to end without a fight. It can aggravate circumstances further... I understand... But I have confronted evil head on and it has worked for me! You will know when its time to show this pesk just how much of a bad mistake he made by trying to mess with you!
DONT GET PUSHED AROUND!
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Granny, i'll have to check that story out. I understand not every bad spirit is a demon. This is just what I got from my experience. The O/P claims oppression as well. Demons don't have to slam a person into wall to let it be known, just who we're dealing with. These spirits are crafty and professional with it.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Hmmm, I don't know...I've smelled this as well, but much, much worse... I found out a couple of days later that the thermocouple on my hot water heater had crapped out... I hate to drum up an audience, but it's in my story "Scent Of A Ghost?"...I don't think it's a demon every time, is what I'm trying to say 😊
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
That 'rotten egg' smell is sulfur. It's mostly found by hot springs and volcanic craters. In this case, I believe that it was the scent off a demon. I've witnessed the smell and de-bunked anything that could have caused it. This happened when I was going through the worst of my paranormal experiences as well. I asked Jesus to come into my heart, body, and spirit, and i've been protected ever since then. I hope and pray you be delivered from this spirit.

Thank you for sharing
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
you have a demon. I don't know why he is reaching out to you but he is trying to get your attention. You can't get mad at him. He is a demon. Attacking is what they do, you don't get mad at a bear if it bites you.

He may not be trying to cause you to be depressed. It would be his energy. He can't help it.

I honestly don't know why hes there. But he's yours. Demons don't particularly like anything that has to do with the white light. SO you need to take the white light in while you meditate. And imagine it surrounding you, pushing the demon away. YOu keep doing that he will stay back. He won't leave but you may find a little repreive. YOu need to do that constantly. I don't know why hes there but he is.

Find things that make you feel strong. Imagine the whitest light. It is helpful if you say, "I call on the purest and whitest light to enter my life and keep me from harm. Only the purest of beings who are apart of the light are able to enter my life. Anything that is not of the light must leave now and never come back. I take in the purest and whitest light in my life." While you meditate imagine your intake breath as the white light cleansing you and when you breath out imagine black coming out of your mouth and being "sent away" by the white light that surrounds you.

It may take some time
cj90390 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Oh. Sorry for misinterpreting what you said. Either way, no offense taken.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Cj, I didn't mean it that way. What I was trying to say was that something is haunting you and not anything to do with your psychological well-being. If you have misunderstood it, I am sorry about it.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
My goodness! I Have had a similar feeling myself but not as long as you have been suggesting. Mine only took a couple of days to get to suicidal thoughts and very near attempts. I sense that you definately do have negative entities around you that are trying to "feed" off of your natural positive energies.
Perhaps see if you could get a blessing of your home by a medium or priest. Or even see a psychic who will be able to help you. In the meantime, I would suggest surrounding yourself with as much white light as possible, just as rook suggested.
May God be with you
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
cj90390 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
Thanks for all of the tips everyone. Meditation along with surrounding myself with white light (sheild against negative energy) seems to keep things quite.

Sds: As far as somethingvbeing wrong with me, I have been to counselors and psycologist throught my childhood and teen years due to fsamilly matters (divorced parents) and even one in the past two years just for the hell of it, took screening test and all and nothing came up that would suggest anything wrong with me. I know for a fact that my younger brother has experienced this "spirit " during the times we've lived together.

Mrfear672india: I've recently moved into an appartment with a friend. Its been about two months that I have been here. I usually start noticing and "feeling" things within 3 to 4 weeks and never outside of my current residence unless a place is haunted already. Not to sound crazy but I can usually feel when one is around. No deaths that I'm aware of, however, my neighbor said it had been vacant for quite some time.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
jester,

What I have suggested is an all purpose method I have developed over many years. It's designed to be neutral so anyone can use it. So if your Christian you can call upon Heavenly Father and His Son to grant you the strength and 'power' to fill your home with 'Positive Energy'. If your not Christian, you can focus on just Positive Energy / White light filling your home.

It's primary focus is the exchange of energy within the home, positive for negative. In the process of this exchange any negative / malevolent spirits are 'driven away' as the environment no longer 'supports' them.

Hope that makes some kind of sense.

Respectfully,

Rook
jester (3 stories) (24 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
rook - Is the method you prescribed a Christian ritual?

It is very interesting, because the method is similar to our Hindu house warming ceremonies (replace songs with chants/prayers from scriptures and replace candle with fire altar). IIRC there were similar practices in pre-Christian Europe as well.

There must be a common origin in some hoary past and it just affirms ones faith in the Supreme Almighty.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
cj90390,

Seeing a Doc just to cover all the bases is never a bad thing. However I offer this method I use for my Home and Family, you may find it helps...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
I agree with mrfear. The more you show that you are weak, the more strong it becomes. So pray well and be courageous. And also I feel that you need some professional help. Why don't you consult some expert in paranormal field and try to find out as to what is wrong in your house. But, I have a feeling that since you said that if you stay long enough in a particular place for long, you get the same feeling. Then something is either following you or wrong with you. So, I suggest you go throughthe comments and advises given by rookdygin in some of the comments he made in some stories in this site and he gave instructions as to how to cleanse the house and self. Follow that and after which, if you still feel the same kind of experience, consult a professional. Better make it fast before it gets worse. God be with you.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
hi, from how many years you living in that house? Its never happened before?
Anyone died before there?
If you feel his presence again, if you are brave ask him to show him sign who he is.
Don't afraid to it. If you scared the strength of spirit or evil will be peak. Do prayers to god believe lord.

GOD BLESS YOU.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: