You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Something Wanted To Play

Real Ghost Stories

Something Wanted To Play

 

Let me start off with a simple statement. Whether you believe me or not, that's fine. This was an experience that left my friend and I startled, but happy. If you choose to think we're simply pulling your leg, that's okay with me but this really did happen to us.

Last summer, my friend wanted to spend the night over at my house because this would be her last year at my school. We were very close and it struck both of us hard. Even though we had just became friends that freshman school year, even after knowing each other since elementary school, we were close like sisters. She brought along her Wii so we could continue playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl together and finish the story line and maybe play some Legend of Zelda. When she hooked up the controls she mentioned she had brought another controller by mistake and had decided to leave it on the glass table behind us.

Eager to start, we happily began playing and laughing. We got stuck sometimes but eventually we were able to beat it. After growing bored, we began unlocking all the characters and eventually we finished. I excused myself to go to the restroom and when I came back, she was grinning at me like she had thought of an amazing idea. When I questioned her about it, she gestured to the screen and said she had hooked up the other controller and had made it Toon Link. She pointed to the name she had given it and it said, "BEN." If any of you know creepypastas, you would know of this infamous story of BEN and Majora's Mask. My friend thought it would be funny if she named it that since her and I love the story and constantly teased each other about it.

What surprised me, however, was that she had left it has a Player and not a CPU. A CPU is computer controlled so I was a little hesitant about beating up a lifeless, well, doll on stage since no one was going to give it directions. She just laughed and said it would be fun and we could blow off some steam. She placed the controller back in her backpack and we began playing.

Once the first battle ended, our excitement ended when we remembered that we would have to get the other controller to press whatever button it was to go through the stats and get back to the selection screen. My friend got up and looked through her bag only to say she couldn't find it. I thought she was simply being silly and I went to look through it too. I couldn't find it. So, we sat back down and considered restarting the system. Us, being lazy teenagers, thought that it was too much work so we sat there for awhile. After a few minutes I found myself really annoyed and said, "Come on, press the A button!"

And whatever it was did.

We silently stared at each other awkwardly as the screen went back to the selection screen. "Did you do that?" I asked.

"No, you would have seen me do it!" She replied. Both her hands were on the nunchuck and control the entire time so I would have noticed. Eventually we got comfortable around whatever was playing with us and started fighting. After each match, we were surprised to see that instead of simply running off the stage (to which my friend would giggle) it started to turn and jump away. Soon, it even started fighting us. When our match finished and we were back to the Character Selection screen I asked, not believing it would, if it could change it's character to Link instead of Toon Link. My friend clapped her hands and started encouraging it, slowly explaining how to change characters. We were laughing loudly when it did change its character. We were giggling and acting crazy, thinking that whatever this was was really cool.

Once again, after a few fights, we grew bored and asked out loud what the entity wanted to do. It's cursor slowly began moving upwards and to the Team Battle icon. My friend and I looked at each other, shrugged, and said, "Sure." When my friend and I tried to be on the same team, the entity would try and make it so that she couldn't be on my team. It wanted to be on my team! I remember sticking my tongue out at her and teasingly said, "It likes me better."

When we were done with the fights, my friend and I decided to call it a night. As we started saying good night to whatever was there, I guess it got mad. It moved the screen around violently (if you've played the Gamecube version, it's the 'c' button. I don't know what it is on the Wii) and kept moving its cursor around. My friend flipped out and freaked, saying she didn't know the game's screen could do that. I tried calming her down and told her it's possible. When she calmed down, we got up and turned the Wii off, saying that we were done and that it couldn't play anymore. It's been a year and I still haven't found the controller!

So, I don't know what the heck happened. I kept peeking at my friend to see if it was her but she only had her control in hand so it couldn't have been her. I don't have any siblings at home and my parents were down stairs watching TV so we're stumped. Did a ghost or something want to play with us? Any advice would be helpful.

Other hauntings by Blueberry

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Blueberry, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-15)
Hey this is cool, I wish I could trade the things I have to see with a ghost that will play video games, that would be a pretty positive interaction with ghost. But that would never happen to me anyway, I'm not that lucky and what's the probability of a ghost that nows how to play video games? Probably low. Cool story, kind of creepy though.
Majora (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
I honestly find this very different to believe. I'm not implying that you're lying, but the whole story itself just seems too much out there.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Lilady,

Interesting you mention experiments of this type... The issue with that is that it takes time for the 'thought form' to 'take shape' and it takes a number of people 'thinking' about the 'entity' that they are attempting to 'create'. I'm not saying it isn't possible... Two teenage girls may have the excess energy needed for something like this to happen... It still is more believable that someone (living) managed to get that controller and was simply messing with them. The question remains 'how and who'?

I am very, very much on the fence about this 'story'.

Respectfully,

Rook
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
This actually sounds like that experiment they did, in which participants actaully "created" an entity. It was never a real entity or spirit, but they could create him and make the entity do what they wanted it to do. I think a very similar situation has occurred in this situation. But, by no means am I suggesting that you made this up either on purpose or otherwise. This is just my opinion on this matter.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: