You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Of Child Actor Who Died In A Fire

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of Child Actor Who Died In A Fire

 

In '99 I was 23-years-old and had just graduated college. I wanted to become an actor so I went to all sorts of auditions, including one for a professional theatre called the Arrow Rock Lyceum. We rehearsed in a rehearsal hall for one and a half weeks and then moved to the theatre where we began technical rehearsals.

There were so many men in the show that we were put in what is traditionally the women's dressing room because it is slightly bigger. They were working on refurbishing the dressing room because of some sort of fire that had happened a few years ago. I didn't bother to ask if anyone died in the fire because I assumed it was an electrical fire.

So one day I was using the restroom and when I flushed the toilet I heard screaming. It sounds stupid, but I heard screaming. It sounded like my 8-year-old niece when she watches scary movies. I was spooked and asked one of the stagehands about it. He told me that in '94 some little girl had gotten trapped in the dressing room in a fire and haunted the theater now.

I thought he was crazy at first, but then I started seeing and hearing more things. Like, when I was onstage I looked up into the rafters and could have sworn I saw a little girl watching us. Then one night, I forgot my dorm key in the dressing room so I called the stage manager and he let me into the theatre. It was very dark and I heard singing. Cute little girl singing, but something about it didn't seem right.

Then props began to disappear right when they were needed onstage; costumes were found ripped and stained; one night a set piece almost crushed one of the main actresses. One night the power went out and, in the blackness, I heard the singing again and it got very cold. I felt like someone was standing behind me and breathing on my neck. I spun around and reached out into the darkness but no one was there. A child giggled and at first I thought it was someone in the audience, but then I realized we were doing an adult play. There were no children in the audience.

I started to research the girl in the fire and came across a newspaper article from the day after she died. It talked about how a costume rack was found jamming the door and one of the actors mysteriously left the night of the accident. Now I knew the ghost's name: Carolyn Brown. The article says some people think the fire was electrical, but the parents think it was arson. I believe it was arson and she was murdered, otherwise why would she have come back to haunt the theatre.

When the show closed, I packed up and left Arrow Rock never to return again. Since then I have quit acting because of Carolyn Brown and have become a math teacher. I have been dying to share my story but have never found a place to until I stumbled upon this website.

Please tell me what you think. Have any of you ever been to Arrow Rock, Missouri and seen similar things?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alexsandcastle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rodila (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-02)
There's a simple explanation for the age discrepancy of the poster and the man in the story. This story was stolen from another site, word for word, and posted here. You can see the original story posted here: http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/ghost520.html

Also, I searched Google with the details of this story and came across a few references, although brief, to a local legend in Arrow Rock, Missouri. This whole story is based on a well known urban legend in that area and it is highly unlikely that this story is actually based on personal experiences of the author. Rather, he appears to have personalized the legend for the sake of a good story.
industrionic (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
Hey Miracles I guess I see your point, makes sense I love the site but have always been a silent visitor keep up the good work!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
industrionic - if you have been reading this site daily for the past 8 years, then surely you have noticed that the "teenager" stories seem to come in cycles: school breaks, etc. We just have to wait them out as we always do.
industrionic (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
gosh I have been reading this site daily for the past 8 years and never posted but it is scaring me to see so many teenagers posting on here lately. Its like the site is trending soon to get clotted with nonsense enough for the regulars to have to go somewhere else... Please don't ruin our beloved site its been awesome without yall trying to impress one another with fabrications
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
Juniper-mars - you do realize that the "arson" referred to in this story isn't a person, right? Arson is the term used for deliberately setting fires and a person who sets them is an arsonist. So Carolyn Brown wouldn't be haunting the theater to get back at arson or to kill him/her, since arson isn't a person.

I realize some people may think I'm being critical here and Juniper may have meant arsonist instead of arson, but I don't. I think she read these sentences and misunderstood what arson was, "The article says some people think the fire was electrical, but the parents think it was arson. I believe it was arson and she was murdered, otherwise why would she have come back to haunt the theatre."

But that is just my opinion and I am trying to help.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
Juniper-Mars: So nice to see you here. I'd like to direct your attention to a story here on our site that was published 5 years ago:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=3692

Just thought you'd be interested.
Juniper-mars1998 (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
I think Carolyn Brown is haunting the theater to get back at arson or to kill him/her
pinkparrot6202 (41 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-06)
wow this story is fascinating, yes as you think she was murdered, I think too, now would you please find out the main story and put her in peace again?

~~JESSICA~~ 😆
francyne1031 (49 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-06)
Didn't find anything about a fire there... But that's not such a alarm. I did read several accounts from different people over the year who have had thier own ghost expirences there...
francyne1031 (49 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-06)
Keno11,
What is your problem? Why would you write a comment like that? Maybe you can fill all of us in on why this expire nice is "stupid"? Oh by the way it is arson... Have no clue as what "assin" is though?
keno11 (7 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2013-01-05)
i thought it was assin not arson WHAT THE HECK IS ARSON ANYWAY
SnudtoQueast (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
*walks in to see all the detritus left-over from a party* sigh, missed it. Teens always seem to overlook the fact that there are other people smart enough to google out there. Also, decently written except in a few rough spots. Go put it on fictionpress and see if you can actually get some positive attention.
Sahee (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
next time be sure of the dates, places and events so it won't happen again.
But the story is nice anyway
Qua (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
Pretty cool story you have there. Entertaining:) I tried to google for Arrow Rock, Missouri, Fire but nothing came up.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
Alex, I believe your sand castle got washed away by the YGS tsunami! You will have to do better than that to convince our 'experts'! 😐
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
In '99 I was 23-years-old and had just graduated college. I wanted to become an actor so I went to all sorts of auditions, including one for a professional theatre called the Arrow Rock Lyceum. We rehearsed in a rehearsal hall for one and a half weeks and then moved to the theatre where we began technical rehearsals.
Exuse me I read that story and Notice You are a teenager and Also Google the name of the girl nothing and google the place there no girl died from fire. So Please where did you get that story from and Tell us the truth how old you really are.
Kimmie_Ann (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
Didn't bother reading the story once I seen your profile says teenager but your first sentence mentioned you graduated college in '99. So either you've mastered the art of time travel or you're full of it! 🤔
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
Darkness oh I do love my bundy! Would be the only thing I drank if I could afford it but ah well can't have everything 😢
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
Morticia1: Hahaha, I don't mind the ol Bundy Rum every now and then, it does grow on you after a while!😁

And yes Rook, a very unique smell it has, but I will stick to the beers. I will have a Western Australian beer thanks, "Swan Draught Lager" pure class!😊 Weekend Time, enjoy ladies and gents! Over and out! 😁
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
I got the vodka and cranberry juice. Anyone want a drink while I'm in the kitchen? And I love the music selection.

Tommy 6th street
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Mmmmmmmmmmmm how warm is that bs blankie? Damn freezing here.

Ok bundy on the rocks 😁...next one with a mixer I think. That should help warm me up! 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Argette: That happens a lot, huh? 😆

50, 50, 50, 50... FIFTY FIFTY! 😆
Argette (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
I have not laughed this hard in weeks. I'm not sure what's funnier, this weirdo attempt at a ghost story, or the comments.

Alexsandcastle, you underestimated the people here.
GhostlyKitty (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
I don't believe this is true, sounds more like something from a movie.

But wow. You guys are nuts. XD I'll take a tequila please!
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Oh dear... I hope I'm not too late for the party lol (pass a beer please) and I so want to grab a corner of the B.S blankie to help squash the awful b.s fumes comin' off this story! Whew it reeks! 😆
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
from now on when I see a fake story I'm going to say...

"you need to let the cat out of the cupboard"
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Rook

Im on board with the rest of you 😆 What I meant was its NOT a nice story pmsl!

Knew I shouldve worded it better! *slaps forehead!*
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
ahhh very good catch! The poster of this story is posted as a teen. I wasn't paying attention to the story and skimmed it. I'm at work. All I got was little girl, dead, fire, being bad.

I re-read it and payed attention. I do agree this is far fetched but not as bad as cats being in your cupbaords (I will never get over that)
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Are you Benjamin Button? You were 23 in 1999 but now you're supposed to be like 36... But now you're a teenager?
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
who would have intent to murder this girl? That is sad for her. She would probably become friendly if someone called her by name and appealed to her. If someone brought a toy for her she would have been a little happier.

Thank you for the account

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: