You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Series Of Encounters And The Shadow Beast On The Ceiling

Real Ghost Stories

A Series Of Encounters And The Shadow Beast On The Ceiling

 

It was May 13, 2011, I got a call from my friend Ram. He wants to go for a long drive and then have some Dhaba food and come back. I said I am fine with it and immediately called up another friend, Venkat, to check if he is free. He was also ok with the plan.

Next 15 minutes I get a call, it's Ram again. He said that they are waiting for me outside my house. Since it was mid-summer and the summer heat was killing, they wanted to do a bike ride. I took out my bike, 3 of us (on 2 bikes) started towards Medchel and then toofran its around 60Km drive from my place. When we crossed Medchel, the roads are free and the wind was blowing. It was a good weather out there. We crossed the toll gate in toofran. We found few Dhabas out there, ordered the food and by the time we finished dinner it was 11:45 Pm.

Now started driving back home. I don't know but I had some mixed feeling that something is wrong, as if somebody is watching or following us. I ignored it, was enjoying the breeze. The roads were empty, very less traffic for some reason. We were maintaining same pace of 50Kmph speed, all of a sudden both me and Ram (bike drivers) both saw it and pulled the breaks hard. We almost ran over a black cat which was crossing the road. I have never seen such a pitch black cat in my life. We looked at each other, laughed and started to drive.

After few kilometers drive, just to check how dark the night was, we switched off our head lamp for few seconds and turned it on. Man that was really dark, pitch dark. We wanted to do it again for the second time. It was fun driving in the dark, so tried it for the third time. To our horror, for the 3rd time when we switched on the lights, we were couple of meters behind a halted lorry. If the head lamps were switched on after a second, we would we would have smashed on to the halted lorry. Trust me guys, my heart almost reached my mouth. I realized that something is not right. No more switching off the lamps. By the time we were about to reach some village, Ram's rear tyre was flat. We thought we were lucky to have a flat tyre few meters close to a village. Thought we can get it fixed sooner.

We found the shop and the guy took out the tube and was about to glue it. To our fate, power cut. The shop fellow managed to fix the tube with some emergency lamp. But the problem is, to put the blow we need power.

Since it was already late, the people in the village might have slept off and its dark every where. Suddenly I felt pat on my shoulder, I thought Venkat was calling me. I replied what? No response. When I turned back there is nobody. I called Venkat, he responded and the voice was coming form the other side. I was stunned again. Ram was a meter away from me and I asked him if he has seen some one behind me, he said no. It was strange, now I know that something is following us.

After half hour, the power was back, the tyre got fixed, I was still in a thinking mood. Back on the road again, I told them what had happened near that shop. They laughed at me and told me that it was my imagination. I tried to accept that I was imagining, but my mind was not accepting it.

It was around 2:45 Am by the time we reached Venkat's place. Since it was already late, we thought to sleep at Venkat's place as he had a separate room on the terrace, so no need to wake any one up. Took the stairs and reached the room, it's a newly constructed room. It was around 3:00am, the beds were arranged, both Ram and Venkat went to sleep immediately. I was still thinking.

I was about to fall asleep. In fact, I was half asleep, when suddenly I could see a huge beast falling directly on me from the ceiling. It was very heavy. It happened in a fraction of a second. I screamed. Both my friends woke up, started shouting at me, "What's wrong with you? Why the hell did you shout like that? Do you want to disturb the entire colony?"

I told them that something heavy fell on me from the roof. They just ignored it and asked me to go back to sleep. Apparently I had to sleep. I woke up in the morning and told them that its not my imagination. It was real.

Even today I feel the incident fresh in my mind and I still have that figure, that beast in my mind. It was like a gorilla, a huge gorilla with long fangs and green eyes. I can't forget that day ever in my life.

People what do you think it could be? Any Clue? Let me know if you know.

Other hauntings by joshuakeys

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, joshuakeys, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sankalan (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-16)
chilling story... Man you should not travel specially at villages during nighy hours...
kpatel21 (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-07)
I also think what you saw was a jin. It could have followed you somewhere on the roads. You should do a havan or pooja. And tie a mandir rope on your right hand. Then, no one can harm you, promise.
quest66 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-22)
I enjoyed your story Josh. Especially the parts of someone touching you on the shoulder but there being no one there, as well as the jin-apelike creature. Both of these happen to me on a semi-regular basis.
guy123 (2 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-30)
joshuakeys - I red your stories and it was interesting until you saw the black shadow or beast. Anyways, travelling in late nights on Indian villages are not advisible as there could be uncontrollable spirits or demons. I would suggest to tie a holy rope from temple on your right hand and you could avoid these incidents in near future

Anyways, I really enjoyed your story
shivam11 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-29)
Hi Joshua,
I enjoyed reading your storie, but I wanted to tell the big black creature you sawed was a jin. They can change there forms but normal ghost cant. They are pretty damn powerfull, so be cautious. The only protection from them is help from gods, we indians have a lot of gods most powerfull in them krishna bhagwan. I can say this as one of my relative had gone through a pretty similer exprience, don't act carelessly because haunting by jins are really worst as bad jins are in some equal to deavils.
Realistic (7 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
Hi Joshuakeys, my mother had a similar expereince in Orchcha, Madhya Pradesh. The family was on vacation and staying at a resort next to the Royal Cemetary. My mom was awake at night when she saw a big cat like animal, more like a black panther, quickly float down from the ceiling and sat down on her chest. She was totally scared but couldn't do anything as was unable to move or speak. My dad, hearing her groans, started to shake her, whence the thing just floated away.

Strange thing was that my dad did not see anything.

We had always ridiculed mom about this incident and brushed it away as a figment of her imagination. Well, since I started visiting YGS, I have changed my views...
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-08)
Well you said that you felt someone pat your shoulder, did you see if you were under a air vent? The air might of come down hard, so it might of felt like a pat.

The beast might of been your imagianation where something else heavy fell on you. This will sound wierd but the beast might of been a lot of spiders huddled together. Other then that I don't know what those " things " could be.
aamod_v (1 stories) (22 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
Fear is something that make you see things, I have heard many narrations and supernatural experiences and been studying them and their logical explanations sine 2 years.
I am really sorry but your experience seems to be 50% imagination of your mind and 50% fear that gripped you when you avoided accident with lorry.
When we are too afraid or too exited or too tired, our mind plays tricks.
I am saying this because none of the incidents you experienced had a systematic pattern, they look like random spooky experiences stuffed together.
If there is something that I am missing then do let me know.
Regards.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
josh-sorry iam not saying about those sensitive political issues.
Uncle near my house, his name is pandu he is to christ he came home oneday with angry to home and destroying everything in home at midnight. Neighbours came and controlled him and asked him who are you? But he said girls name. His wife was shocked.
After that they chanted prayers from bible then he relaxed.
That day when he came it was amavasya midnight.
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
[at] miracles, after this incident, I had couple of encounters in Venkats room, I will write up as soon as I find some time. Its not just me, even my friend venkat also had few experiences. 😢
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
no matter what the drug was for that I was taking... If it caused me to see gorillas or dragons and lions, and tigers and bears, oh my! I would have stopped taking that drug. Nothing is good for you if it causes that.
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
[at] Miracles, non moon day was on 19Th of this month, I missed it, But will go out on 19Th July which is again non Moon day, but Friday the 13Th is Sept 2013 not sure if its non Moon day. What ever it is, I will keep you posted.

[at] Red your patient might have had a tough time facing that gorilla. Man sounds Creepy.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
I had a patient once who was taking medication that caused "night terrors" one thing she said was sometimes she would wake up and a huge gorilla was sitting at her desk watching her sleep. Well that story (even though medically induced) just sounded scary to me. That is freaky.

I don't think yours was medically induced though. It could possibly have been a nature spirit. Or the ghost of an actual gorilla. Lord knows why it would follow you. Maybe you made it mad? Or maybe there was someone out and about who was pracricing bad energy and decided to mess with you. Whatever it was I don't think it is going to torment you. It could have been just a spirit passing through and found you fun to play with
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Josh - I guess if you are superstitious, the 13th might have something to do with it. It is strange, though, that both incidents occurred on a non-moon 13th night, and I don't believe in coincidences. So maybe that does have something to do with it.

So here's what I suggest, just to prove whether it has to do with the 13th. Keep a journal. Starting with those 2 dates. Get your calendar and find out when the next no-moon date is. If at all possible, go out with your friends and see if anything happens. If nothing does, find out when the next no-moon 13th date is. Do the same thing.

This way you can find out if this is what is causing these experiences. I, for one, would definitely be interested in finding out what you find out. Whether there was activity or not come back and let us know, okay?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Josh - that makes it even worse. The fact that a gorilla could be on the ceiling. I don't care how it was able to be there, just the fact that it was is enough to be terrifying.

I've seen, heard and read enough to believe in just about everything. If your friend thinks it's a wendigo, and samwinchester also agrees (and no, there is no sarcasm here at all, y'all. I'm actually being completely serious), I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking it's not. It's better to be safe than wish you had been, right?

There are things out there that we have no idea what they are. Urban myths, legends, the imaginations of TV and movie producers, or horror writers like King, Poe, Barker, and Koontz? Maybe, maybe not.
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Guys today I was checking calender for no moon days (Amavasya) in this year, I also checked for last year for some reason, The date that I mentioned in this account 13Th may 2011, is also no moon day (Amavasya), more over unlucky number 13. Friday the 13Th. I am not quite sure about this figure, anybody any insights? Any information?

Cheers
Josh
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
[at] Miracles: I am glad to know that you enjoy reading my stories.
About the Beast, Like you said it was dark but looked exactly like a gorilla, It was not a shadow.

[at] adsouza, Its really great to know that you have gone through this account twice.
Even I wonder, what does this experience or rather the word "SATHKA" got to do with Andhra or Telangana. Its a sensitive topic so do not want to discuss further on it.

[at] samwinchester: Even my friend told me to do the same thing if something happens like that next time.

[at] Rook Thanks for sharing the information.
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Hi Joshua,
I read this account twice now, and enjoyed it as much as I did the first time. What amuses me more (And this is going to be understood by the Indian segment) is the conversation between Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.

Keep up the good work guys!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Josh - I always enjoy reading your stories. As I got the beast on the ceiling story, it reminded me something I was told several years ago.

Because it's not my story to share, I can't tell who told me, but I trust him. This guy told me when he was in his teens, he was laying in his bedroom and this black shadow fell from the ceiling. If he hadn't jumped out of bed, it would have landed on him. It scared him to death. I don't think he stuck around to see whether or not it had a face. He only saw it the one time, but it was enough.

So, do I believe you saw this black shadow beast on the ceiling? Absolutely. I may not know you, Josh, but I do know the guy who told me what he saw. And I believe him. We may live in different countries, but I believe with everything in me that there is nothing that says there can't be similar (or the same) being in both our countries.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Guys its nice we are all sharing bits and pieces of what we know on the subject... But can you at least be more informative and not vague.

Next time use fire...? Whatever do you mean? It's all very useless if we cannot give specifics... So let's organize our thoughts before publishing.

Just want to be absolutely crystal clear: I do not want to start any argument and it is only meant as a request!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
First 'Google Search' assist is 'FREE'...

Wendigo: Is a mythical creature appearing in the mythology of the Algonquian people. It is a malevolent cannibalistic spirit into which humans could transform, or which could possess humans. Those who indulged in cannibalism were at particular risk. Recently the Wendigo has also become a horror entity of contemporary literature and film although these fictional depictions often bear little resemblance to the original entity of Native American Folklore.

Respectfully,

Rook
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
samwinchester31 - what is a wendigo? I have never heard of it before! Just a small descirption:)
samwinchester31 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
If it was as big as yousay, you may be dealing with a wendigo. Best thing to do, if it attacks again, use fire. Fire is the only thing that will kill it
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
It is a ritual done for people who are who are suffering from ghosts. It done with lemons,egg,turmeric,kumkum etc.

It will kept on roads after ritual if any cross through that thing that ghost wil caught him it is religious belief mostly done in andhra pradesh in cities too I wonder how you don't know.

Iam from telangana may be you andhra that's why you don't know that word I think so.
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
[at] mrfear, yup I am a Telugu guy, but I don't know what "sathka" is, never heard of it. Can you please throw some more light on this.

Thanks

Josh
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
Hi, if you are telugu men I think so, iam to from hyderabad. I think in the way of your journey you have crossed "SATHKA" the lime and egg used for bad rituals.

I hope you have understand. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: