You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mr. Jones

Real Ghost Stories

Mr. Jones

 

I listen to music everyday of my life. I keep a clear mind when I do this. I love The Counting Crows. I know, you're wondering what does this have to do anything? There is a reason why I am adding this.

I have recently painted my room. Actually, I did Saturday. Well here goes. I play my CDs in my DVD player. My son and I are in the bed it was 3:34 am. I had my phone right there, I check my clock a lot. I had my DVD player off and my TV, as well. I heard loud bumping in the living like someone was jumping up and down. We have a hard wood floor.

Mind you, my husband is off at work. My son and I were alone and the dog is in the bed with us. I shrugged it off as an animal of some sort under the house. I check the porch and all that. Not a thing. I get back in the bed with my son and my dog.

My dog started growling and the fur on her back stood up. I told her it was ok and to lay down. I had just dozed back off what felt like a second and I heard walking in the bathroom. Then in the hall, then it came in my room. It got close to the side of the bed where my son was and our dog was showing her teeth, snarling, just acting like she was not happy.

By that time I was kind of freaked out because I usually see my spirits, ghosts, entities and what have you. So I heard my son's teddy bear playing its little song and lighting up. I got up to turn it off and my TV turns on wide open. Loud as it could play. MY DVD PLAYER PLAYS Mr. Jones by The Counting Crows! OK I am freaked totally out! I mean I have had things missing before or seen things that are sort of unexplained... But my DVD starting playing and the TV on all by itself.

Safe to say I did not sleep any more that night or the dog! She acted paranoid for about two hours. I had gotten my son out of bed thinking we could lay in the living room and watch TV. I got up to turn on the light to get his pillow and the light bulb blew in the room. I said to myself, "What is the deal?" I thought I caught a shadow by the TV in our room. Scared as I was, I said, "You don't scare me! What do you want?" I turned to walk out and the DVD player come back on with the same song. In the song it says, "She's looking at you. I don't think so. She's looking at me." That's the part that played.

I have been thinking hard about this. Is this spirit or entity trying to say something? I hope so someone here on this site can help me or tell me how to handle this. I am just hoping it doesn't happen again. I have heard the walking and the knocking but still have not seen the root of the problem.

Do I need to try to communicate with it or what?

Other hauntings by ada

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ada, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

idemdito77 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-28)
i'm from holland. I had (and still sometimes have) almost the same experience as your story! I call it Jones. I don't know why? The name came up in my head 7 years ago. A lot of strange things happened. I still feel things. All my live I did. But this mr. Jones has made a lot of friends / family of mine very scared! Also the relationships that I had! I do not know what it is but it is back and this is why I did some research and came on this site. And there are a lot of things you can find on Mr jones. Even in music. I do not know if it is evil but I do know that it will haunt you and the people around you if you provoke it. But sometimes it also helps me so it is strange? I also want to ask for any kind of help how to deal with this.
(the best thing that worked for me was simply asking nice if it can leave you alone because you are scared... So?)
Greetings from holland (and sorry for my grammar in english 😳
Qua (39 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
Your story reminds me of mine. There was a power trip one night in the rented house I used to stay in. However the radio which was hooked up to the power supply continued playing despite the blackout.
ada (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
Hey Red... We got a ghost killer! And thanks again for the advice... Tell the other guys to hit up my stories RRook and Jav Granny tell me what they think...
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
you're welcome. Glad I can help. I would submit your stories as you go. We do have other members here who have wonderful advice as well. Plus we all like to read new experiences.

There is a name for it. It isn't a psychic. Gosh I am drawing a blank like an idiot. It is the same type of thing you see on that show 'paranormal children'

Ah! A medium. You are a medium
ada (4 stories) (44 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
RED: Does what I have a gift of have a name? And do you think I should submit my stories as they happen? I really do believe I was sent to YGS for a reason. I just decided to give it a go. I have been quite for so long it was just time for some help. Thank you so much. You are just awesome! And please keep reading my stories and helping me there is some how a connection... Spiritual I mean... And I just thank you again for your help.
ghostkillers (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
i think you should resceach 😕 😕 😠 I like your store it rocks get a vacum
hardsalamibear (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
Do you have someone close to you that died and you miss or they loved that house? Maybe they don't want to talk so they play that song. I don't know if I'm right just a guess but BLESS YOUR HOUSE hope I helped! ❤
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
yeah. I feel for you. That is not something that I would enjoy in the least. I am honestly not one who likes to help corpious amounts of people. A humanitarian I am not. Hell, I don't like most living people. Ghosts would annoy me because they do the "pop-in" LOL

The people I do help, like the ones here, feel good to me. I like being able to offer advice. And I do like you so don't take what I'm saying negative. What I mean is that I respect you and give you mad props if you can find it in your heart to help these wandering ghosts. It appears you have a knack for it and I think it is your calling. That is something I would never commit myself to do. Even if I had the ability to be able to communicate and help like you. I wouldn't like it. Just not my style. But I seriously commend you and back you up 1000% if you decide to venture down that road.

I will offer you advice and support and anything else you need to try to sharpen your skills.

I think you are supposed to help them. You need to make the choice if you want to and have the time. Also you will need to think about how visiting ghosts will affect your family. Make sure the ghosts don't bother them and scare them and make them un-easy.

Most people I know who are able to help ghosts like that and choose to do so, don't have families. They dedicate their entire life to it and it takes a lot of work.

You can just keep doing what you are doing being sensetive and noticing them rather than trying to help them cross over or get in contact with their living relatives. They will each want something different. And it is up to you. Maybe just try to ease into it. But I think it will make your activity increase
ada (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
Red: I have had sight since I was little. I have recently (within last 2 years) been getting images and seeing more. I get stuff like... Coffee cup... Heart shaped box... Lillies... Rocks... Jusdt off the wal stuff and I feel what they feel sometimes I hear them and all! Sometimes its so much I can't keep up... This is difficult. All I can do is pray and keep working at it, right?
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
ada,

Has this been happening your entire life? Or is it just starting?

I hate the assume this but I think you are going to start having a rotating cycle of ghosts. You are sensetive and they are coming to you. I think that is also why you get the images and feelings that you want to follow. I think you are supposed to help them. You are beginning to get ghosts that you don't know. It is possible this is going to increase
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
Hi ada,

I think these is young spirit of person who likes music attracted by your music in dvd's.i don't know why he was jumping. But I think he was giving a sign that he came in.
He explored whole house and finally came your room and found dvd. He might not be harmful but naughty.

BLESS YOUR HOUSE.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: